dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

If the owner has a brain he will just sacrifice Kenwright to appease the fans and appoint someone new to be the director of football or CEO or whatever. 

3e8abd22-1899-4430-a373-85a43ee60615.jpg

He's already been there as CEO. 

Would be a great rehire for them.

• Haha 2

I joked last season was their 11/12 given they appointed hated manager of rivals.

This season funnily enough was very similar to our 12/13. Started off the season o.k albeit with lots of low scoring draws before horrible run over xmas (although they avoided an 8-0 defeat) before they rallied and got enough wins and draws in final 10 games like we did.

From what I remember 13/14 was a reasonably comfortable mid season for us bar a poor end which dropped us to about 16th so think Everton will be similar. No frills but will have a Palace type season.

So they're still a good three years away from bring relegated given our path from regular top half finishes to imploding completely, that took six years. I do wonder what impact the new ground will have on their results as they always seem to be able to grind out 1-0s and draws at Goodison at crunch points in the season and plenty of opposition don't like grounds with fans basically on top of you. Think Arsenal have lost their last four now at Everton so I assume Bramley Moor will be much further away with a much wider pitch.

Everton not paying the 4 mill to make Connor Coady permanent which seemed a formality when previously announced. 

Not good enough for the 17th best team in the Premier league says it all. 

But good enough for England right Gareth? 

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Everton not paying the 4 mill to make Connor Coady permanent which seemed a formality when previously announced. 

tbf he has finally stopped picking him.  He was never good enough though.

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

ATEOTD he's quite good in a back 3 and there's quite a lot of doubt over him in a back 4, and Dyche favours the latter. I don't think it's necessarily a comment on his overall ability (though tbc I agree he's not good enough to have the number of England call-ups he has). 

Coady is a system player and has been a good PL player and done well for England the rarity he has played

Again VTs obsession with certain players , one being Coady is bizarre.

Maybe it's a Mings thing.

Apparently Callum Wilson is shit now and his 19 league goals lol

Edit : my bad just the 18

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 21:03, Rugeley Villa said:

Is that the idiot who came up with the idea of the  “Villa Engine” or summat daft like that . 

That was Steve Round, was assistant manager to Moyes for years, we made him director of football, sacked him when Xia's gamble failed, but he is now assistant manager for Arteta at Arsenal so he was a football man at least. Wyness was just a spoofer who liked to outsource things to ensure that clubs end up broke in the long run. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Coady is a system player and has been a good PL player and done well for England the rarity he has played

Again VTs obsession with certain players , one being Coady is bizarre.

Maybe it's a Mings thing.

Apparently Callum Wilson is shit now and his 19 league goals lol

Edit : my bad just the 18

Yep, it's embedded in our psyche form all the times Wolves fans used to tell us how much better he was/is than Mings.  I think we've had the last laugh with that one.

Ironic that they're actually really good mates.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just seeing a piece about Everton being under pressure to sell onana who I would say is about their only decent player. Anyone know the reasons why? I’m assuming it’s because they have no money and need to balance the books 

How do they still have no money?  They’ve been getting rid of players without signing anyone expensive for around 2 years now. 

FFP 3 year cycle must be almost clear for them. 

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

How do they still have no money?  They’ve been getting rid of players without signing anyone expensive for around 2 years now. 

FFP 3 year cycle must be almost clear for them. 

The unofficial owners money is pretty much stuck in Russia 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

So any news on their pending FFP charges yet then?

I wonder what clubs are going to get relegated at their expense again this season.

Hearing will be in late October.

They'll just get a large fine.

Not being an Everton fan so therefore not being that close to it I am amazed they haven’t sighed any players yet given a few have left at the end of contracts. The team they would be able to put out currently is relegation material all over it and I’m not seeing anyone linked to signing for them although to be fair the isn’t much to appeal to players there at the moment 

So many echoes of our downfall.  Hovering above the drop zone for a couple of seasons. Old players on huge salaries that can't be shifted and mean you can't spend on anyone new. An ownership that doesn't want to spend anymore. A squad with zero morale or leadership.

They've got to be not far above Luton for odds to go down. 

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

So many echoes of our downfall.  Hovering above the drop zone for a couple of seasons. Old players on huge salaries that can't be shifted and mean you can't spend on anyone new. An ownership that doesn't want to spend anymore. A squad with zero morale or leadership.

They've got to be not far above Luton for odds to go down. 

Just a matter of time

Â