dudevillaisnice

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We literally had a one in a million get out when 2 billionaires decided to buy us from nowhere.

We should have went bust.

Hell of a lot easier for an Everton, Newcastle or Aston Villa to attract interest than a Blackpool or a Milwall though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why would they want to keep half of that squad?

In hindsight I wonder if we would have been better sticking with someone of the players that took us down rather then spending dozens of millions of Championship players.

Then again a lot of then were idiots , and the place just stank of stale and losing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

In hindsight I wonder if we would have been better sticking with someone of the players that took us down rather then spending dozens of millions of Championship players.

Then again a lot of then were idiots , and the place just stank of stale and losing.

No I think we were right to sell the squad, what we were then wrong to do is buy a group of players with the sole design of getting us out of the championship

We should have been looking at the best 21 year olds in the country for £12-15m in the hope that as they got better we got better and their upward trajectory carried them through to the PL

Instead we bought old boys who had to drop out of the PL and players with champion shop ceilings 

Go down or stay up Everton's priority number 1 has to be overhaul the recruitment, top to bottom their transfer dealings over the last decade really have stunk

They may very well stumble across the points they need to stay up but the Dyche appointment has not (yet) turned out like they thought it would. They are 17th in form table over 10 games and 18th (ahead of Chelsea :D ) over the last 6. If Dyche wasn't a new appointment he'd likely be facing the sack. 13 points from 13 games and 10-22 in GD ain't great.

Squad isn't great but that goes for most of the clubs down there.

We did keep a fair few of that relegation squad, at least for a while in the first season in the Championship. How much we wanted to keep them no doubt varied from player to player.

Gabby, Grealish, Ayew, Gardner, Westwood, Bacuna, Amavi, Baker, Hutton, Cissokho, Gestede, Bunn, Richards. I think Kozak was still knocking about too.

They didn’t all feature every week, but most of those listed clocked up ten or more appearances in that first year down there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Anything can happen this stage of the season. Teams in the bottom can go away to anyone and win from nowhere...but I just don't see a big performance in them.

They're gone

The money absolutely wasted at Everton is a thing to behold. 

The current footballer assets vs what they traded to get here.

• Like 1

Good game but some of those misses and saves. 

Why maddison took the pen I don't know, it was terrible. Thought vardy or iheanacho took them when he played ? 

Nasty looking injury to colman too, he will be lucky if he hasn't snapped his leg looking at those replays.

I want Everton to go down just because of that terrible song they play when they come on the pitch.

Not Z cars the other one, grand old team or w/e the hell it's called.

It's shocking...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I want Everton to go down just because of that terrible song they play when they come on the pitch.

Not Z cars the other one, grand old team or w/e the hell it's called.

It's shocking...

In other words you wanting them down is completely irrational.

Let's be honest. Main reason Villa fans want them down is pride.

They have more PL games than we do because of our relegation and that still bugs people I think.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

They have more PL games than we do because of our relegation and that still bugs people I think.

No thats not why people do

Entitled thuggish fanbase and throwing weapons at Villa players last season. Think fans tried start a fight with Vieira at one stage

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Lol what? Is this a long standing grievance that I’ve missed? I have never heard of this as a reason for wanting Everton to go down.

And you think there’s a sense of pride that people would gain from Villa having more PL games than Everton?

It would be laughable if that is the case, but I haven’t seen anything to suggest it’s true. There’s a sense that they’ve been circling the drain for a while and that they’ve been fortunate once or twice in escaping (Hans Segers springs to mind). But that was also true of Sunderland before they finally dropped. I don’t think the sentiment is based relative to us.

For the record, I don’t care if they stay up or go down. If they stay up, great - they’re normally good for 4-6 points a season in our campaign. If they go down it’ll be interesting to see what happens to them.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 09:03, villa4europe said:

No I think we were right to sell the squad, what we were then wrong to do is buy a group of players with the sole design of getting us out of the championship

We should have been looking at the best 21 year olds in the country for £12-15m in the hope that as they got better we got better and their upward trajectory carried them through to the PL

Instead we bought old boys who had to drop out of the PL and players with champion shop ceilings 

Come on how can you forget Aaron Tshibola for £5 million? 

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Come on how can you forget Aaron Tshibola for £5 million? 

Currently playing his trade for AEL Limassol in the Cypriot First Division. 

Everton-level recruitment tbf

Â