dudevillaisnice

I think it had to be Dyche. Bielsa has his plus points but surely there is not enough time for him to have his influence. It is so close down there a few wins and it all changes. Dyche will get back to basics and aim to grind out more results and build from there. They might end up being cut off under Bielsa before the improvements come.

Decent appointment and gives them the best chance of staying up. Mand thing is is if we lose against Leicester, city and arsenal (not a huge leap) and everton win 3 with a new manager bounce they right back with us. That woeful start 

People insistent that West Ham, Leeds, and Wolves will stay up, and now Everton because they've appointed Dyche but some teams have to go down, if not at least one of those then looking at the likes of Leicester and Forest, I wouldn't rule Southampton or Bournemouth surving yet, so might be more than one of those teams to go down. As long as Forest can keep up their form, then there will be at least one high profile club relegated.

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Everton are lucky they havent been cut adrift. They’ve been dogsquirt all season really; Lost to all their rivals in recent weeks (Bournemouth, Wolves, Soton & West Ham) yet are only 1 win away from safety. It just shows how awful you have to be to actually go down.

Ive seen many people compare them to our doomed season, but we were rock bottom and well adrift pretty much the whole season with no chance, we’d accepted our fate months before it was official. They at least have a fighting chance to avoid it now, but I really hope they dont seize it; its their time now.

Remember our song "we fancied a change, we fancied a change, just for ONE season , we fancied a change. " 

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Dyche will be found out at a big club with expectations.

As opposed to the shiny new toy they’ve always gone with and ended up going nowhere ? I’d say the disconnect between their fanbase and their squad has incrementally been chipped away at since Moyes left. I think he’s a seriously impressive bloke and he’s far more intelligent than people think. He’ll strip it right back, he’ll promote a healthy culture within a group that’s seriously been infected by ego. For him that’s a non negotiable - can’t be in a dressing room. It’s very much likely that Dyche has already contacted Gordon and told him “ you turn up for work Monday morning “  No ifs. No buts. He’ll love Coleman and Coady, in particular the former , and probably wishes he had him 10 years younger. Don’t gimme this silly bollocks that Dyche can’t manage good players. Mee plays great for Dyche - ah he’s a jobber of a footballer. Plays great for Brentford - he’s so good on the ball. 

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

As opposed to the shiny new toy they’ve always gone with and ended up going nowhere ? I’d say the disconnect between their fanbase and their squad has incrementally been chipped away at since Moyes left. I think he’s a seriously impressive bloke and he’s far more intelligent than people think. He’ll strip it right back, he’ll promote a healthy culture within a group that’s seriously been infected by ego. For him that’s a non negotiable - can’t be in a dressing room. It’s very much likely that Dyche has already contacted Gordon and told him “ you turn up for work Monday morning “  No ifs. No buts. He’ll love Coleman and Coady, in particular the former , and probably wishes he had him 10 years younger. Don’t gimme this silly bollocks that Dyche can’t manage good players. Mee plays great for Dyche - ah he’s a jobber of a footballer. Plays great for Brentford - he’s so good on the ball. 

Everton fans won't tolerate his brand of football for long.

They couldn't stand Allardyce despite finishing 8th.

48 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I think they can see the squad for what it is now though. They need fires putting out and are under no illusion that they just need to stay up- however they do it. Back to basics approach with unfortunately, probably the most apt manager to deliver that. They had delusions of grandeur back in those days under Allardyce; I think 95% of them will accept Dyche and his style, for where they are right now.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Like who the **** do they think they are 😂 bottom of the table. 15 points. Average league finish since the start of the PL era is 14th. Talk about delusions of grandeur. There’s a time to be ambitious and there’s a time to pull your head out of your arse. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Like who the **** do they think they are 😂 bottom of the table. 15 points. Average league finish since the start of the PL era is 14th. Talk about delusions of grandeur. There’s a time to be ambitious and there’s a time to pull your head out of your arse. 

2 banks of four and lump it long lol.

He won't survive long at Everton mate.

We've seen this story... Next up is a patsy of a foreign manager who ends up with a record low points total as the club is finally put out of its misery

If they hound Dyche out with football snobbery they deserve what is coming their way

If he has them finishing 12th in the PL in 2025 they've done well

Â