dudevillaisnice

46 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just for perspective when emery took us over we had 12 points they had 14 we now have 28 points they have 15. By any accounts that’s pathetic

Wait they've only gotten 1 point since Emery took over? That is mad.

I still wouldn't be surprised though if they beat Arsenal. They are very jammy.

They are terrible. Their big players aren't that good and aren't performing anyway, and they've got very little to change things off the bench. They can't score, their midfield is anonymous and their defence has acceleration that would shame a shipping tanker.

And Lampard's shite. Like Gerrard he's not got a tactical or strategic bone in his body. He's not the kind of guy that can make a team better than it's parts. He'll be gone on Monday.

24 minutes ago, Mantis said:

away to Man City which is even more bizarre

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

When he says "It's not my decision" do you reckon he means his Russian mate that was banned still runs the club on the sly?

Has to be doesn’t it. Who else would be making the decision if not him.

Board meeting to decide his future, so Moshiri probably just meant that it isn't his decision alone, I think Bill Kenwright still has a big say in things. They won't be having that meeting to only decided that they shouldn't sack him, his departure will probably be announced either today or tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Board meeting to decide his future, so Moshiri probably just meant that it isn't his decision alone, I think Bill Kenwright still has a big say in things. They won't be having that meeting to only decided that they shouldn't sack him, his departure will probably be announced either today or tomorrow.

If they’re having that meeting then it’s probably pretty much decided already that he’ll be sacked.

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If they’re having that meeting then it’s probably pretty much decided already that he’ll be sacked.

Usally yes, but does Everton have the money to pay him off and employ someone new? 

I guess that'll be what there working out. 

Get big Dunc in for some free beers.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

On Saturday 22nd October (the day before Villa beat Brentford 4-0) Everton won 3-0 against Palace to move them up to 11th in the league on 13 points.

They had played a game extra, and the league was obviously more congested, but by the end of that weekend they were 3 points behind Liverpool, 2 behind Brighton and 1 behind Brentford.

Since then, 6 league defeats, 2 draws and 2 cup defeats to add for good measure.

Edit - just to further highlight it, Southampton’s record since the end of October played 8, won 1, lost 7. No prizes for guessing who they picked up the win from.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

8 hours ago, Tayls said:

Literally a couple of wins and they are out of it. Still pretty tight down there [kenneth]. It’s not as if they have a bad squad either. 

People keep saying this, but they've basically been the worst team in the league for a good 12 months and sold their only goal threat in the summer. They'm ****, Tom

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yep it's better form than what we're on currently.

Always look at home games in these situations. They've used up most of their relegation six pointers at home now. Have Bournemouth on last day (when it could be all over) so in next 8 they have Arsenal, Man. City, Spurs, Newcastle....and us that look very tough for them to win.

I think they'll struggle to win another three games this season. With new manager bounce they'll have a few low scoring draws and odd 1-0 win but don't think it will be enough.

Yeah like you I do expect their form to pick up if only because it’s just so atrocious at the moment.

I just don’t think they have the quality in the squad to turn it around to the level required. Especially the attacking players. McNeil in particular has been a really terrible signing. Glad all the rumours about us being in for him were false.

Been hearing the narratives on how Lampard saved Everton last season. He didn't, Pigford played out of his skin last season to saved them and gained many unexpected points. 

This season Pigford isn't working his magic hence they are in the natural Lampard position, ie relegation 

42 minutes ago, sne said:

They'll have the nicest new stadium in the Championship if they go down and stay down. That's something.

Will they? Can they even afford to complete it down there? I heard all sorts of stuff like they’ll complete it but the bank will own it and they’ll just be tenants. Also the more outlandish stuff like Liverpool will pick it up and move there from anfield.

5 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Will they? Can they even afford to complete it down there? I heard all sorts of stuff like they’ll complete it but the bank will own it and they’ll just be tenants. Also the more outlandish stuff like Liverpool will pick it up and move there from anfield.

That'll go down well :D 

• Haha 1

Â