dudevillaisnice

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They're having our 15/16 season right now.

5 defeats out of their last six at Goodison.

Lampard surely sacked in next 24 hours.

People keep saying this, but weren't we about 10 points off safety at this stage? They're in trouble, but they're not cut adrift. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

With regards to when I felt the writing was on the wall when we went down, that Watford game was a factor but funnily enough, we played Everton a week before and lost 4-0. 

The Man City draw prior to those two gave me a bit of hope Garde could salvage something. But those two defeats following it really took out much if not all of that hope.

Garde was unlucky with the run of fixtures (Everton were a decent team in those days). We gave Sherwood all the winnable home games at the start of season which he promptly lost and then Garde had a run of Man. City, Everton, Arsenal all in his first five games.

I think for him the sign it wasn't going to happen was going up to Sunderland when they were really struggling, getting back to 1-1 with that Carles GIl wonder goal and then folding at the end and losing 3-1 and that win gave Sunderland the momentum to stay up in the end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

People keep saying this, but weren't we about 10 points off safety at this stage? They're in trouble, but they're not cut adrift. 

Everton had an o.k start but they've been really poor since start of October. Now lost 8 of their last 11 and 5/6 at Goodison so that's 15/16 bad.

We had 8 points after 19 games that tragic season so they're only 7 points better off currently. We also beat Palace and got draws with Leicester and West Brom shortly afterwards.

18 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He should be judged harshly too i think. The guy has got a leg up since day one. Gets Tomori and Mount at Derby, losing a playoff final qualified him for the Chelsea job and Everton getting that is a big gig too. Let him piss off down to league 2 if he’s serious about management and learn his craft. The guy hardly needs the money 

This. He’s only been moderately successful at one club, derby. A club where he used all his Chelsea contacts to put players in who should have pissed all over that division but he still ultimately failed.

I will say he’s not quite as big a fraud as Gerrard. I don’t think Gerrard would have kept Everton up last year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

This. He’s only been moderately successful at one club, derby. A club where he used all his Chelsea contacts to put players in who should have pissed all over that division but he still ultimately failed.

I will say he’s not quite as big a fraud as Gerrard. I don’t think Gerrard would have kept Everton up last year.

Id argue he is a bigger fraud than gerrard. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, desensitized43 said:

Why? Because Gerrard won a two horse race in Scotland against a tired Celtic side? I could win the league up there with either Celtic or rangers. It doesn’t mean anything.

I dont think even lampard could do that.

• Haha 1

Just now, desensitized43 said:

Why? Because Gerrard won a two horse race in Scotland against a tired Celtic side? I could win the league up there with either Celtic or rangers. It doesn’t mean anything.

No you couldn't. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TreeVillan said:

No you couldn't. 

Maybe that’s going a little far but I definitely think I would have a good go 😂.

I remember when we appointed mcleish and someone on the football phone in listed a bunch of reasons why he didn’t want him and one of them was “he finished 3rd in a two horse race”.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah HanoiVillan is right. Was about to say something similar. IMO they're possibly where we were under Lambert in his final season in 2014/15 just before he got sacked. They're nowhere near cut adrift and could get a new manager in and go on a bit of a run.

But the broader picture is that they're basically circling the drain, just like we were.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

there is definitely AVFC 2016 vibes but i bet they'll at least appoint a half decent manager to give them a fighting chance

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if you could post again with subtitles that would be grand, cheers 👍

Something, something lad, something down something, something else 

Â