dudevillaisnice

15 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Everton fans were heard singing “the baby’s not yours” yesterday. Any idea who this was in reference to? 

It was to Gerrard. Has been sang for about 15 years now

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Everton fans were heard singing “the baby’s not yours” yesterday. Any idea who this was in reference to? 

Gerrard - there's a longstanding rumour on Merseyside that his first kid was actually fathered by a Liverpool doorman called Pancake. Everton always sing it at him

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Gerrard - there's a longstanding rumour on Merseyside that his first kid was actually fathered by a Liverpool doorman called Pancake. Everton always sing it at him

Pancake ? For a doorman ? That's like calling a savage rottweiler "lollipop".

...just read up on him....jeez, what a piece of work ! I take it back !

Edited by mottaloo

5 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

One time I have been to Goodison we were pretty dreadful but Peter Schmeichel scored a late equaliser of all people. 

It wasn’t an equaliser unfortunately.  He scored to make it 3-2 so just a consolation.

I was originally thinking this was just a bad time to play them in terms of the new manager bounce thing and how up for it they'd be, but they're basically going to treat every game like a Merseyside derby now because of Gerrard Derangement Syndrome aren't they

I don't blame them for not liking Gerrard, it's not like we'd have any reason to if he hadn't started managing us and appeared to be reasonably good, but some of them clutching their pearls over him pulling funny faces at them after they've been chanting that his kid is someone else's all game is pretty hilarious

There is something kind of grim about having to psyche yourself up with this "Big Dunc's gonna get us right up for it, Villa won't know what hit them" stuff pre-game; in the end I thought it was reasonably obvious to everyone that what had hit us was one shot on target plus a plastic bottle

I don't necessarily think their bottle-chucking fans are representative of them any more than our ones who booed taking the knee are of us tbh, though some of the loudmouths saying it was only a plastic bottle and Cash and Digne made the most of it should have a full plastic bottle thrown at their head so they can show off how minor it is for us all

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

I was originally thinking this was just a bad time to play them in terms of the new manager bounce thing and how up for it they'd be, but they're basically going to treat every game like a Merseyside derby now because of Gerrard Derangement Syndrome aren't they

I don't blame them for not liking Gerrard, it's not like we'd have any reason to if he hadn't started managing us and appeared to be reasonably good, but some of them clutching their pearls over him pulling funny faces at them after they've been chanting that his kid is someone else's all game is pretty hilarious

There is something kind of grim about having to psyche yourself up with this "Big Dunc's gonna get us right up for it, Villa won't know what hit them" stuff pre-game; in the end I thought it was reasonably obvious to everyone that what had hit us was one shot on target plus a plastic bottle

I don't necessarily think their bottle-chucking fans are representative of them any more than our ones who booed taking the knee are of us tbh, though some of the loudmouths saying it was only a plastic bottle and Cash and Digne made the most of it should have a full plastic bottle thrown at their head so they can show off how minor it is for us all

I think it was more the Big Dunc factor since a lot of Merseyside derbies they rarely ever turned up for on the pitch 😂

I am always slightly bemused by the adoration Duncan Ferguson gets at Goodison. If you look at his record at Everton it was largely underwhelming and he was in sides that often struggled to stay up. Considering how many actual great players they have had over the years it seems odd that he seem as a club legend. It would be like Alan Hutton being twice caretaker manager of Villa.

• Like 1

Can't say I've any great love for them as a club. They've had a fairly toxic atmosphere at Goodison for as long as I can remember, certainly since Moyes left. They booed Martinez, booed Koeman, booed everyone since. 

I think its great seeing it from the other side now. We’ve been through worse turmoil and the pain and suffering it causes as a fan hurts like no other. They’re turning nasty, staging protests, kicking off with each other while we’re flying Brazilian flags, doing the samba dancing around the stadium. Our fans are happy people now, our house is finally in order, and thats all that matters to me.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 2

Â