Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

If we sell Benteke and have to choose between Helenius and Bent, I would pick Bent easily. We know nothing about Helenius, and starting him up top expecting him to deliver is incredibly dangerous. That goal Bent had on the last day of the season kind of proves what kind of player he is, someone who scores goals for fun.

Unfortunately, the rest of the game after that goal also showed what kind of player he is.

Edit - That sounded more sinister than it was intended, but after the goal we looked like we were effectively playing with 10 men.

Edited by StanBalaban

Playing with Bent is like playing with 10 men. 

We don't have room for that in our team. Other teams might be able to afford the luxury. The sooner we sell him for some cash and free up wages, the sooner we can bring better players. 

We don't have room for that in our team. Other teams might be able to afford the luxury. The sooner we sell him for some cash and free up wages, the sooner we can bring better players. 

Only if you have 10 very limited footballers.  If you have some good ones that can spot his runs and provide for him, he's had a track record of being rather useful.  I know if I were a midfielder I would rather have a striker that would turn my hard work into goals than someone who just runs around for the sake of it.  

Roma want him? Would he go to Italy?

I doubt he would go to Roma.
Why? I would.

I mean to be fair, who wouldn't?

Anybody who is black. Both Lazio and Roma have been fined and are on final warnings for racist chanting and behaviour.

Fair point.

Only if you have 10 very limited footballers.  If you have some good ones that can spot his runs and provide for him, he's had a track record of being rather useful.  I know if I were a midfielder I would rather have a striker that would turn my hard work into goals than someone who just runs around for the sake of it.

Completely disagree. Bent was good when we had out and out wingers to put lots of balls into the box but apart from that he is the limited one not the rest of the team. I'd take a table leg over Bent any day of the week.

The thing is if you look at the times when we've had Bent in with our current starting 11 we've been poor.

Merely replace Bent with Benteke and the team is much better. The other 10 players aren't very limited. It's Bent thats limited. 

Edited by KjParton

I remember someone on here - it may have been the Moon Man, or possibly OBE - stating that playing Bent is like having 10 men but starting with a goal advantage, which I think is a decent analogy.

• Like 2

Needs to move on though, and I wish him all the best (as long as its not at Villa's expense) 

It's inevitable he'll score in his first game against us.

he wouldn't be booed on his return surely? seems to be the norm these days. But no fuss at all. Kept us up. Seems a nice lad. I hope hes clapped on his return.

• Like 2

he wouldn't be booed on his return surely? seems to be the norm these days. But no fuss at all. Kept us up. Seems a nice lad. I hope hes clapped on his return.

I surely hope he would be clapped. if we can clap Frank bloody Lampard when he nearly relegated us then we should be able to get a cheer or two out for Darren Bent.

*Note I also also happily clap for Ashley Young.

I'd definitely clap him like we clap walker and milner.

I'd be disappointed if he celebrates when he scores against us. Hopefully he'll be subdued in his celebrations

Â