Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Still doesn't answer why Bowery was given preference?

Bowery didn't play up top, he played in the Gabby/Weimann role. There's no chance Bent could play there.

Exactly, not sure why Bowery is getting dragged into this

Bowery didn't play up top, he played in the Gabby/Weimann role. There's no chance Bent could play there.

Bowery was an untried lower league striker yes? Bent is an international striker with a general ratio of 1-2 yes? Yet Bent didn't even make the bench while Bowery did and was Bowery a wide player, eh no. 

Bowery was an untried lower league striker yes? Bent is an international striker with a general ratio of 1-2 yes? Yet Bent didn't even make the bench while Bowery did and was Bowery a wide player, eh no. 

Lambert obviously felt that Bowery would be more likely to work in the wide role, lets be honest you're hardly likely to see Bent playing out wide are you? Whereas Bowery has everything to prove so he's going to try and put a shift in wherever he plays. Just my opinion of course!

• Like 1

Even if it were a valid question, I expect there would be reasons based on 'the full picture' we simply don't have. Given those factors, I expect I would agree with the decision. Unfortunately VT doesn't have the full picture and I won't bother guessing.

Toon set to battle it out with Fulham for 5 million Darren Bent.

Wow. That is truly a bargain. Grant Holt just signed for Wigan for a reported 4 million pound fee. Kone a 29 year old striker with 1 season Premier League experience signing for Everton for 5 million. Yet a regular English player who scores frequently and we can only manage 5 million.

Astounds me really.

Wow. That is truly a bargain. Grant Holt just signed for Wigan for a reported 4 million pound fee. Kone a 29 year old striker with 1 season Premier League experience signing for Everton for 5 million. Yet a regular English player who scores frequently and we can only manage 5 million.

Astounds me really.

Wages could play a part. Would you rather buy Kone or Holt, and give them roughly £40k p/w wages, or Darrent Bent who would want upwards of £60k p/w, at least?

I don't care if we sell him for £1m. If his wages are stopping us from bringing in a new player, I'd rather we offloaded him, by any means.

Everything seems to be pointing to Benteke staying if we have told Bent he is no longer wanted. I can't see us letting both players go.

I don't think the two things are in any way linked.

I'm also not convinced the two are linked because of pretty much what SikhInTrinity wrote, but if they were linked, I think I'd rather have a season of a rising Benteke than two seasons of Bent. I still rate Bent and it's a shame he's not on less money so we could keep him as a more than capable squad player, but I think we all know how special CB is.

I'd imagine we are trying to offload Bent so that his wages can be used in future transfers in

Fixed

Everything seems to be pointing to Benteke staying if we have told Bent he is no longer wanted. I can't see us letting both players go.

I don't think the two things are in any way linked.

Neither do I,  not in the slightest

Astounds me really.

Me too 29 yr old striker with a 1 in 2 goal ration on 66k a week who is English and has been banging them in for almost a decade. 5m is a joke.

The problem with Bent is his wages and his reluctance to move to a specific club. It's like for example we all scream and shout to say no less than 30million for Benteke, however Higuain is being signed for about 23million.

Think the difference is that, Madrid are looking to sell Higuain and we aren't looking to sell Benteke..

Â