Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Top player who we must keep. I'm keeping the hope we will change the manager in the summer and get someone in who will help us play some possession footy. This would then bring the best out of Benty and a few others.

Bent is a really good poacher, but not a good footballer. His contribution apart from the goals is often next to nothing. Furthermore, he most often needs 3-4 chances to score 1 goal. Anyone ever counted the number of clear-cut chances he's completely wasted? Don't get me wrong, I am all for keeping Bent, but he isn't of much use to us unless we can provide him with the kind of service he needs. Thus, IMHO it would be better to cash in on him now, and use the money to rebuild the squad.

It would help if we had more than 1 winger. I'm not counting Albrighton as he a) needs a loan and B) has been largely appalling this season. Holman would help I'd guess. I said we'd need a winger or two last summer, after we signed N'Zogbia. So it has transpired.

I was told when he got injured we'd play better and Gabby would step up. We didn't and he didn't. Weimann stepped up, but he's just a lad.

This data totally ignores the fact the entire teams form had dropped well before Bent got injured. In the first 2 months of this year your relegation form had already started and Bent was in the team. From January 1st until he got injured you played 7 games and won 1, which was against Wolves. With or without Bent, the relegation form was evident from your first defeat of the season, which came in mid October.

You could just as easily say your form is down to Petrov's illness as you haven't won a game since, but the truth it's just a continuation of a decline that was already happening. With Petrov in the team you won 1.23 ppg, but without him, an incredibly low 0.5 ppg. So the evidence is much stronger that he is far more important to you than Bent. But in truth, your form had taken a big decline before Stans illness. Even with your key players, things started going very wrong for you after the first couple of months of the season. It's not helped by having several key players missing all at once, but the idea that you've missed one indvidual player greatly seems pretty false. It's been a gradual and consistent delcine which in recent weeks has been compounded further by several key players being out.

I think you are partly right. Petrov is a big miss for us, as shown last season when our form improved upon his return from injury. He is an organiser and leader of the team from the middle of the park. With Dunne and Bent also missing the spine of the team has been ripped out, which is never helpful.

However, DB is a big miss for us. Yes he misses chances as all strikers do, but with him in the team you always feel like he has a chance of scoring, which can't be said for the likes of Heskey. When you have a team so devoid creativity like ourselves, you miss a poacher who can nick one from nowhere. Our games tend to be tight, so sometimes his goals can be the decider in a game. If we had a more creative supply to him then I'm sure we'd be sitting safely in mid table or upwards at this point.

He's the one player in our team that almost any team would love to have. A scoring machine. Forget this season, he's been stifled by the tactics. He was electrifying last season and people seemed to have forgotten that.

With a new manager coming in , I'm confident we'll keep Bent.

Depends on the manager.

If its someone like Bruce with nothing to spend then he'll be off in the summer.

Darren Bent ‏ @DarrenBent

People need to get there facts right "refused to be on the bench" I need to be asked for me to refuse, #facts

Darren Bent ‏ @DarrenBent

#donttalkforthesakeoftalking

Wonder who he was on about?

Sky pundits at lunchtime

Collymore has just linked bent with Liverpool

This one isn't going away is it

Collymore is just talking BS to get you to call TS.

Good manager in I think we will keep Darren.

Â