Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Why are people saying who they would like to get rid of? I'd actually rather keep both, pick up Messi on the cheap (transfer maestro AMC) and make a storming run which culminates in an FA cup win and CL qualification. Maybe, just maybe could we then match stats of oh I dunno 4 wins in 6 games? (I heard somewhere that another prem team has done that recently)

In terms of being a premiership striker, Gabby isn't fit to lick Bent's boots. Sadly. Proven by facts and fees. If we got a bid of 15m for Gabby from any club i'd be amazed. Bent would command 25m still because he's still doing what a striker does. His Villa record proves that too

The main difference is, one is a prolific goalscorer, proven over many many years, the other is Gabby. A hard working, roadrunner who happens to be a Villa supporters. Whatever bonus that is

And I like Gabby. But he will NEVER be a goalscorer like Bent. He hasn't got the brains to play that role

In terms of being a premiership striker, Gabby isn't fit to lick Bent's boots. Sadly. Proven by facts and fees. If we got a bid of 15m for Gabby from any club i'd be amazed. Bent would command 25m still because he's still doing what a striker does. His Villa record proves that too

The main difference is, one is a prolific goalscorer, proven over many many years, the other is Gabby. A hard working, roadrunner who happens to be a Villa supporters. Whatever bonus that is

And I like Gabby. But he will NEVER be a goalscorer like Bent. He hasn't got the brains to play that role

1000%this.

WHich is why I get frustrated by an opinion which says we should keep Gabby over Bent (like we had a choice even) because Gabby is unlikely to leave us. There is a reason for that

1000%this.

WHich is why I get frustrated by an opinion which says we should keep Gabby over Bent (like we had a choice even) because Gabby is unlikely to leave us. There is a reason for that

HAVING SAID THAT ...

We should never consider selling EITHER of them

But if we did ... it's a no brainer

I just think that all the signs from Bent tell me that he wants out. His body language is all wrong, not getting the service so his England career will suffer, mysterious 'injuries' a week before the transfer window opens. Something just doesnt seem right with him. I think he has his eye on a move. The same signs are there as when he eventually left Sunderland.

Hope im wrong though

I just think that all the signs from Bent tell me that he wants out. His body language is all wrong, not getting the service so his England career will suffer, mysterious 'injuries' a week before the transfer window opens. Something just doesnt seem right with him. I think he has his eye on a move. The same signs are there as when he eventually left Sunderland.

Hope im wrong though

Not saying he is, but could you blame him if he does look pissed off?

Regardless of the public message of the club , I do not actually trust those running Villa. I actually think he is being hawked around to anyone with 20 - 25M to spend and needing a striker

yeah the number of times that gabby has put in a great cross to the near post for no one to be there he has no problem showing his annoyance and as his strike partner the near post is exactly where Bent should be

I don't think Ireland and Bent get on either.. The amount of times in the Swansea game I saw Ireland absolutely furious that Bent wasn't in a good position for a pass. You don't see that if there is a respect and/or friendship there.. Yes players get annoyed, wave their hands around and shout a bit but Ireland at times looked like he wanted to hit Bent.

d9754_111231072105-ireland-story-top.jpg

Not looking for anything that's not there, but wasnt impressed with the way Bent brushed Ireland off for this one, the player who'd basically layed a goal on a plate for him having given up his own chance to score.

In all fairness, unless he is injured, he is a cert for the Euro squad. And with Rooney out, and no-one else firing who is in contention, he should be fine.

However I'd echo Richard's point about not blaming him for being pissed off, I have a lot of sympathy for him.

Not looking for anything that's not there, but wasnt impressed with the way Bent brushed Ireland off for this one, the player who'd basically layed a goal on a plate for him having given up his own chance to score.

Suffice to say if Ireland gets into another chance like that again I want him to be selfish and take it himself. He didn't need to play Bent on and in the end didn't even get much of a thank you.

Suffice to say if Ireland gets into another chance like that again I want him to be selfish and take it himself. He didn't need to play Bent on and in the end didn't even get much of a thank you.

apart from after running to the corner and the villa fans, Bent turned around, pointed to Ireland with both hands and then hugged him for about 10 seconds

Fair enough, I saw that also, but I did think he blew him off a little by running straight past him to claim the glory with the travelling fans. Though I accept there's not really anything in it.

Fair enough, I saw that also, but I did think he blew him off a little by running straight past him to claim the glory with the travelling fans. Though I accept there's not really anything in it.

Do you not think he was saying to the supporters ... I AM HERE AND I AM HAPPY ... AGAIN!

He's said it, but for some reason some folks ignore it and only hear what they want to hear. As footballers go, Bent comes across as one of the most down to earth and centered around

If he says he's happy = They say 'well he would say that'

If he says nothing = They say 'silence speaks volumes'

Some people are just **** PARANOID!

It wouldnt surprise me if the board tried to sell him mind. There are plenty of rumours that suggested both Milner and Downing were basically happy enough to stay but got told we'd agreed deals

This is the board that told us over and over that O'Neill had quit lets not forget

VT at it's best here, reading into things that aren't there.

Did you know Petrov only celebrated our goals against Chelsea for an average of 34 seconds, whereas the team average was 39 seconds?!

He'll be gone by February

Â