Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent is worth naff all and if anybody offers upwards of a fiver, we should grab it. He's the wrong player for this team - he contributes nothing unless you set him up for point-blank tap-ins. He is a useless target man, can't win headers, can't hold the ball up, has no pace and is clueless outside the box. We have proven to be a far better team without him so SEL, SELL, SELL !

My only worry is what the carrot head will do with the money !!!

:crylaugh:

Bent has no pace and can only score point blank tap-ins. I've heard it all now.

We should sell him, but ONLY because we have to face facts that McLeish is going to be our manager for some time and there is no point in Bent being here under is tactics. We can use the money to buy players that fit into his system

i cant believe people want rid of Bent....

he saved us from relegation last year with 9 goals in 16 games...

yeh lets sell the third highest goal scorer in premiership history simply because our manager hasn't the ability to play to his strengths...

curbishley figured it out, bruce figured it out, redknapp figured it out but yeh lets call bent a lazy mercenary

the fact that your letting mcleish cloud your judgement of a proven premier league goal scorer is all the more sickening

Yeah with Young/Downing/Walker setting him up for everything. Unless we can get players that can set him up then there is no point us having him. We could get a player for 5m who would do the same job as he is doing.

We cant afford to have a striker who does nothing if he doesn't score. We are playing with 10 men everygame.

We can use the money to buy players that fit into his system

Please God no.

Yeah lets carry on using players who dont fit the system.

system??

He does not have one.

End this crap manager experiment and appoint a proper manager like we should have done originally.

Steve **** Bruce knew how to get Bent to score goals.

This muppet can't do what Bruce , George Burley ,Harry Redknapp , Alan Curbishley , Houllier all seemed to managed.

So we just get rid of the most prolific striker we've had in last decade??

Nonsense .

get a proper manager in.

Bent is worth naff all and if anybody offers upwards of a fiver, we should grab it. He's the wrong player for this team - he contributes nothing unless you set him up for point-blank tap-ins. He is a useless target man, can't win headers, can't hold the ball up, has no pace and is clueless outside the box. We have proven to be a far better team without him so SEL, SELL, SELL !

Original poster should remind himself of the goals at the emirates last year....

how many times - he isnt going to be sacked.

How about Darren Bent shows a bit of passion and enthusiasm to the cause instead of sulking like a spoilt child.

How about McLeish starts actually managing the side properly then.

Stops making curmudgeon substitutions and generally trying to destroy football games with his useless tactics.

If Steve Bruce can get the best out of Bent but McLeish cannot ..well my God what an unparalleled crap manager we really must have.

How about Darren Bent shows a bit of passion and enthusiasm to the cause instead of sulking like a spoilt child.

Stops making curmudgeon substitutions and generally trying to destroy football games with his useless tactics.

If Steve Bruce can get the best out of Bent but McLeish cannot ..well my God what an unparalleled crap manager we really must have.

But Steve Bruce didnt always get the best out of Bent. Bent sulked for many of his last months at Sunderland and was out of form. HArry Redknapp didnt get the best out of him either.

Original poster should remind himself of the goals at the emirates last year....

Yeah thats the key though...last season. When he could be arsed.

Based on this season, I fully agree with the original poster, bar the 5ver bit.

15m and upwards and Il be ecstactic to sell him. Utterly useless in the current set up which isnt going to change, and Bent seems unwilling and probably unable to adaptto the current set-up. And to answer why he should adapt - because hes paid an awful lot of money to do the best he possibly can fo Aston Villa.

bent spent a lot of time today chasing aimless long passes and trying to win headers against 2 centre backs. to be honest i thought he held it up well cosidering the lack of support. won quite a few flick ons but obviously there was no one to pick them up. after all we cannot have too many players up the field can we. when its to his feet his hold up play is fine.

whos the real problem, the striker who has an immense goal record in the prem, having done it in teams like charlton and sunderland and whose goals turned our season around last year

or the manager who is the purveyor of the worst football in the league, and whose previous side scored a pathetic amount of goals which got them relegated.

Managing the side properly should have meant taking Bent off at half time today; he was awful, useless, a passenger.

If you took a side and put Gabby in it up front on his own for a season and Bent in it up front on his own for a season, I've no doubt that Bent would score more goals, I'd be surprised if the team with Gabby in it didn't get more points.

He's a luxury and one we can ill afford.

Bent was probably promised the world when he came to us. To be honest, If I had lost my 2 main supply lines for goals in Young and Downing Id be pissed off aswell. Bent is a finisher, you guys thinking he is going to run half way up the pitch with the ball and score are clearly dreaming, he needs a supply - and we dont have it now.

He's in a bad patch. Some people need to get over it, we were crying for him and when he scores again everyone will sing his praises again. Granted he's been shite lately but we know he's always a goal threat and we've wanted one like that for a very long time and to let him go just like that woul be a silly move imo.

If you took a side and put Gabby in it up front on his own for a season and Bent in it up front on his own for a season, I've no doubt that Bent would score more goals, I'd be surprised if the team with Gabby in it didn't get more points.

This is a thought that has been bugging me for some time. In the 2009-10 season when Bent got his 24 league goals, the rest of the side only got another 24 between them and Sunderland finished 13th. It seems to me that Bent is fine when the system is set up to help him score lots of goals but that doesn't necessarily convert into winning football and the rest of the team isn't automatically galvanised into going for goal as well.

Managing the side properly should have meant taking Bent off at half time today; he was awful, useless, a passenger.

Bent is a luxury we cannot afford

Well we cant afford Mcleish and he aint a luxury

How can getting rid of one of our best players, rather than a shite manager be the solution.

People should be arguing for Mcduff to go, not Bent

Bent is a luxury we cannot afford

Well we cant afford Mcleish and he aint a luxury

How can getting rid of one of our best players, rather than a shite manager be the solution.

People should be arguing for Mcduff to go, not Bent

I'm not arguing the case for McLeish - I just think that if we're playing one up front, we're better off with our best one - for me that's Gabby.

For me it comes down to the fact that, McLeish or not, Bent isn't really that good for a team - what he's got is movement, world class movement, he can find a yard, he can find a gap, he can get into the killer position - his finishing is okay but not great, but he'll find a chance if there's one to be found.

The problem is that's all he does, he doesn't help the team in any other respect - so, if you've got a team that can outplay just about anyone with ten men and needs someone to put the ball in the net, he's your man. We're about eight players short of that, so I'd sooner sell him off and get two or three that can help us.

Â