Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Liverpool have probably seen us for the mugs we are!

Not only are they reportedly interested in stealing Bent but they want us to nursemaid their young striker as well....probably for a fee for the privilege too.

This downright cheek would be hilarious if it happened to anyone but us!

Whats even more hilarious is that i can actually see it happening!

The turning point was losing Barry (then Capt), it sent a message out - come and harvest our best

Fair play to Spurs for keeping Modric and progressing

This ^^

Spurs have done what we should have done, and should still do with Bent. Unhappy or not, your staying.

just imagine if we'd paid the money and kept Barry, Milner, Young & Downing + signing Bent ?

We'd probably be top of the PL right now

Why have you said that.. You have made me look an idiot now for agreeing with your last post.. :oops: :)

The main fact is for what ever reason, Bent is nowhere near the player this season as he was last

season, so if we can cash in and use that cash, then i think its a plus, we have looked a better

team lately with him out the side than when he has played.

The main fact is for what ever reason, Bent is nowhere near the player this season as he was last

season, so if we can cash in and use that cash, then i think its a plus, we have looked a better

No, no, no just no.

So we just cash in then? He's just a one season wonder? Not a proven goal scorer is he? Just get rid then.. lets not look at the reasons WHY he is off form, ie a manager who does not know how to get the best out of him?

Ahh **** it, just sell him then, best way.. duh.

the point is, if we sell bent, but the board are spineless and give in to other clubs, then AMc wont be given any of that money whatsoever to restrengthen, it will all go towards randys debt to randy, we wont gain anything from it, if anything, we will lose league positioning even more so

if we sold bent for £24m, does anyone think that AMc would have £24m to buy a new striker with? £14m maybe? £4m maybe?

nowt i reckon!

the point is, if we sell bent, but the board are spineless and give in to other clubs, then AMc wont be given any of that money whatsoever to restrengthen, it will all go towards randys debt to randy, we wont gain anything from it, if anything, we will lose league positioning even more so

if we sold bent for £24m, does anyone think that AMc would have £24m to buy a new striker with? £14m maybe? £4m maybe?

nowt i reckon!

Nowt would be better to be honest. McLeish would just waste it and we'll be left with a dud who's on the wage bill.

nowt i reckon!

Nowt would be better to be honest. McLeish would just waste it and we'll be left with a dud who's on the wage bill.

Exactly, I would hate to see the likes of Alan Smith on the wage bill for the 3 years? The medical bills would kill us!

I wouldn't trust AM with 24p never mind 24M!

how can people say bent hasnt played well because our playing style? 8 out of 10 first-touches is around the quality rooney displayed in south-africa, and the amounts of clear cut chances he has missed? it would be foolish to blame it all on our tactics and formation. bent has completly lost his touch and goalprowess, and we can either try and cash out on him now and get good value or wait and hope for him to get his form back wich may never happen and that i can agree with may be because our tactics and limited chances he get, but he should atleast capitalize on thoose few chances he get

This is wrong though.

He may have lost some confidence, but he hasn't completely lost his touch and prowess. That doesn't happen. Not overnight when he's had it for years.

He's missed a few chances, but all strikers do. He still has one of the better chance to goal conversion rates in the league (25-30% I think).

The problem is the well publicised stat a few weeks ago that he gets the least touches out of most players in the prem.

He gets no service. he's not the kind of player who comes and gets the ball and creates for himself. That's a negative but we've known that about him for years.

He needs to be fed the ball and he isn't being fed it.

my point was, young didnt need to go anywhere, he was happy here, the club has always had a problem with offering new contracts, i reckon he would if signed a new contract

I think you're naive if you think we could have kept him with a new contract.

I'm sure he'd have been happy here if no-one else wanted him. But once United came knocking, no way could we keep him, apart from forcing him to see out his contract

Not that I want to get ahead myself, but were it to happen that'd be it for me and this administration.

Granted he's guilty of unnecessarily locking the odd totty thread, but I dont think its fair to blame this on Limpid.

If this does happen, all hell will break loose. Remember the meltdown on here when he signed? It'll be like that but the opposite.

I don't think it'll be as bad as when we hired McLeish. Probably worse than when we sold Downing though.

Â