Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Feed the Bent and he'll score as proven today.

pretty much.

Was listening to McLeish earlier on TS (he is quite dull) and sounded like Bent will start on monday.

It's a tough one because nobody from today deserves to be dropped

Give us a wave Woody. :lol:

Il take great pleasure in giving you a wave every week if it means hes done the business. :wave:

Fair play - he got his goal. Thats all we ask for. If we carry on playing like that where hes going to be in the game then I wont want him sold. However, I think its too early to decide on which way its definately heading. Hopefully kick on on Monday with Bent getting a brace.... and trust me, Il come waving.

Hope you've showed your face in the Mcliesh thread :D

id drop gabby for him tbh

having gabby and bent starting doesnt really do us any favours, since it means we're missing an actual winger to supply bent with balls. gabby is a great option to have against teams who will play a high line though, and in those games i'd start him ahead of bent

for most games i do think that we should line up like this

---------------bent-----------------

nzogbia-----ireland----albrighton

---------petrov---herd/clark------

for the likes of swansea, id replace herd/clark with bannan and go for the jugular

we have options, we just need to utilise them properly given the opposition at hand. we wont get it right all the time, but i dont think there's any sense in playing bent from the start against everyone, nor is there any sense in dropping gabby to the bench against everyone

I'd imagine Albrighton will be rested and it will be a 4-3-3 will Gabby and Zog supporting Bent.

Gabby certainly won't be dropped. He has been easily our best forward this season and he worked his socks off today and was a constant menace to the Chelsea defence.

I'd imagine Albrighton will be rested and it will be a 4-3-3 will Gabby and Zog supporting Bent.

Gabby certainly won't be dropped. He has been easily our best forward this season and he worked his socks off today and was a constant menace to the Chelsea defence.

just because he's been our best forward doesnt mean we need to keep playing him as a winger

no matter how much we like him, or how decent he can be playing up top, albrighton is an infinitely more effective winger, because he actually IS a winger

this square pegs in round holes crap needs to stop. we've been at it for too long

Feed the Bent and he'll score as proven today.

pretty much.

Was listening to McLeish earlier on TS (he is quite dull) and sounded like Bent will start on monday.

It's a tough one because nobody from today deserves to be dropped

Charles N’Zgobia didn’t pull up trees today

I'm not convinced we would have even got the equaliser if Zog hadn't showed the fight when it mattered. Come out after HT still at 1-0 and the whole psychology of the game would have been different.

As for Bent, great to see him score but I can't forget it was our last, superfluous goal against a Chelsea team who were floundering. If Bent had started we may not have had Ireland/Gabby/Alby/Zog tormenting their defence to produce the equaliser. I'm also not convinced Bent would have converted Gabby's missed 1 on 1.

No doubt it's a tough decision, but Bent's role as nothing more than impact sub was an appropriate role today IMO.

Liverpool ready to make a £24 swoop for Darren Bent

Jan 1 2012 by Alan Oliver, The People

LIVERPOOL are ready to test Aston Villa’s resolve to hang on to their England striker Darren Bent.

People Sport understands that Bent would jump at the chance to link up again with his former Villa team-mate and England colleague Stewart Downing at Anfield. And Liverpool, who have noted that Bent is failing to reproduce his England form for Villa, are weighing up a bid.

The Merseysiders know they would have to match the £24million Villa paid Sunderland for Bent last January.

But with Luis Suarez facing an eight-match ban and Andy Carroll struggling for form and goals, Liverpool are tempted to take the plunge.

After last year’s £50m sale of Fernando Torres to Chelsea, the net transfer spend of new owners Fenway Sports remains relatively modest – and Reds boss Kenny Dalglish still has funds available.

Bent, 27, has become a regular England starter over the past 12 months but has not scored for Villa in two months.

Departures

People Sport revealed last month that Bent was unhappy with the service he was receiving from the wings at Villa Park following the big-money departures of Downing to Anfield and Ashley Young to Manchester United.

Their replacement, Charles N’Zogbia, has hardly got out of first gear with Alex McLeish’s side either.

Villa manager McLeish has gone out of his way to stress that there are no problems between him and his misfiring striker.

Bent was on the substitutes’ bench at Stamford Bridge yesterday after missing the last three Villa games because of a thigh injury.

But he came on to replace N’Zogbia with 12 minutes left and scored Villa’s third in a stunning 3-1 win.

But before that his body language did not suggest he was happy with life in the Midlands.

And his case wasn’t helped when he was spotted Christmas shopping while Villa were playing Arsenal last month.

The People shit stirring as usual

Hmmm, that body language eh?

Certainly looked fed up after scoring and during his interview after the game....

I reckon another case of a journo (probably a plastic scouser) making shit up!

Rubbish that's all. After his goal yesterday he pounded the Villa crest. I know that means very little but it's better than what Ashley Young used to do and only show off his name. Plus he has stated multiple times he likes it at VP and is staying.

If Liverpool come in for him he will want out just as quick as Downing did. I don't see Liverpool coming in for him though and I certainly don't see them being prepared to pay 24 mill. Having said that they did pay 35 mill for Carroll :D so anything is possible I guess.

At the end of the day if he did want out after such a short time here then, very much like Downing, **** him. Thankfully I can't see anyone coming in for him prepared to pay what we'd likely be after.

Â