Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Unfortunatley its not up to Mcleish.

If the board accept an offer - he will go. If an offer comes - I feel the board will accept.

Our best hope is that Andy Caroll starts scoring for liverpool !!!!

Maybe but i think if RL sold Bent he'd be tieing his own noose. After hiring AMC to then sell bent would be the end of relations between him and the villa faithful. Therefore i don't think he will sell Bent.

However i'd still quite like Caroll in a villa shirt. Saw his ability in Newcastle. He is a good player just neesd a run of games and good service.

He poached and paid for the blues manager to become villa manager. I don't think lerner would think twice about sticking £24m in his back pocket for bent.

Its not like Mcleish would resign over it.

Every player has his price.

Lerner has accepted bids for Barry (£12m, last year of contract, promised he could leave if he didn't get CL), Milner (£15-£20m plus Ireland), Young (£20m) and Downing (£20m).

I would say that all of those prices were fair considering all players wanted to leave the club. Lerner set ourselves a valuation, and got that.

Lerner signed Bent just a year ago for £18m up front and £6m of add ons. He would only sell Bent if it matched his valuation. I think given the fact he's entering his best years as a footballer, and just how valuable he clearly is to any future success we'll have, a club would have to pay £30m for Lerner to sell.

And I just don't see that happening. Lerner is a businessman. We can argue some of his flaws in the last season or two, but he understands the balance between having Bent or having the money, and would only take enough money that would mean we could replace him adequately.

If liverpool want him - and Bent isn't adverse to going to Liverpool - with a fat signing on fee in his pocket - then beleive me he will go.

I find the arguement that he might not get in the side of Andy Carrol very amusing. Almost as amusing that Dalglish wont sign another striker - because it might hurt carrols feelings ! ............Its a results business Dalglish knows that.

The fans can pretty easily be placated by portraying Bent as a want away football mercenary

With Liverpool though they've spent a huge amount recently. with nearly £60milliong on strikers alone.Are they really going to spend another £30m? Considering the last guy they bought of us for £20m hasn't even scored yet...

Bent is worth naff all and if anybody offers upwards of a fiver, we should grab it. He's the wrong player for this team - he contributes nothing unless you set him up for point-blank tap-ins. He is a useless target man, can't win headers, can't hold the ball up, has no pace and is clueless outside the box. We have proven to be a far better team without him so SEL, SELL, SELL !

My only worry is what the carrot head will do with the money !!!

i cant believe people want rid of Bent....

he saved us from relegation last year with 9 goals in 16 games...

yeh lets sell the third highest goal scorer in premiership history simply because our manager hasn't the ability to play to his strengths...

curbishley figured it out, bruce figured it out, redknapp figured it out but yeh lets call bent a lazy mercenary

the fact that your letting mcleish cloud your judgement of a proven premier league goal scorer is all the more sickening

Â