Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

how can people say bent hasnt played well because our playing style? 8 out of 10 first-touches is around the quality rooney displayed in south-africa, and the amounts of clear cut chances he has missed? it would be foolish to blame it all on our tactics and formation. bent has completly lost his touch and goalprowess, and we can either try and cash out on him now and get good value or wait and hope for him to get his form back wich may never happen and that i can agree with may be because our tactics and limited chances he get, but he should atleast capitalize on thoose few chances he get

I can see it now, Bents happy, Liverpool bid a tenner for him, lerner could do with the tenner but is holding out for 20 so he turns it down - Bent moans - Liverpool offer 15quid and Lerner has to let him go.

We are the total negative of Man City, where clubs up there price when Citeh coming knocking on the door we just let (and encourage) clubs to walk all over us by selling our senior players. Started with Milner, then Downing and now probably Bent.

I cant believe for one minute that Lerner/the club is in that much financial trouble that we would sell one of the top scorers in the prem for the last 5 years. Especially after only having hold of him for a year.

We are becoming, sorry - we ARE a joke.

how can people say bent hasnt played well because our playing style? 8 out of 10 first-touches is around the quality rooney displayed in south-africa, and the amounts of clear cut chances he has missed? it would be foolish to blame it all on our tactics and formation. bent has completly lost his touch and goalprowess, and we can either try and cash out on him now and get good value or wait and hope for him to get his form back wich may never happen and that i can agree with may be because our tactics and limited chances he get, but he should atleast capitalize on thoose few chances he get

I don't think he's lost anything other than his confidence. It happens to most goalscorers, the important thing is to keep giving him opportunities because he'll get on a roll eventually. Michael Owen could go half a dozen games not being able to hit a barn door and then get 12 in his next 8 games. Bent's only gone one game without scoring btw.

Liverpool will definitely be in for another striker now. They couldn't score when Suarez played so they will definitely want someone now to help Carroll out.

I just have a feeling Bent will leave. This rest of this season is going to be worse than the 1st half.

I can see it now, Bents happy, Liverpool bid a tenner for him, lerner could do with the tenner but is holding out for 20 so he turns it down - Bent moans - Liverpool offer 15quid and Lerner has to let him go.

We are the total negative of Man City, where clubs up there price when Citeh coming knocking on the door we just let (and encourage) clubs to walk all over us by selling our senior players. Started with Milner, then Downing and now probably Bent.

I cant believe for one minute that Lerner/the club is in that much financial trouble that we would sell one of the top scorers in the prem for the last 5 years. Especially after only having hold of him for a year.

25m(?) for Milner, 20m for Downing and about 18m for Young who only had one year left on his contract are pretty decent deals if you ask me. That is massive profit on players that wanted to leave

25m(?) for Milner, 20m for Downing and about 18m for Young who only had one year left on his contract are pretty decent deals if you ask me. That is massive profit on players that wanted to leave

I never said the money wasn't good mate.

Milner looked happy enough to me, didn't ever see him sulking. Downing even stated on record he was happy, a month later he wants out. What Im saying is as soon as the big boys come in with the bags of cash suddenly the players are unhappy and want to leave, the fact that we let them leave just encourages more clubs to do the same, ie what could happen with Bent.

We need to get some balls and say to these guys, your under contract for 3 more years, your staying.

Ash's was a bit of a different situation, he knew United were coming in for him, I dont like saying it but he was always going to win things there so cant really blame him.

We did it with Barry and lost about 10m quid off the price. It's a difficult balancing act. Personally I wouldn't give anyone stick about those deals but I can see why people aren't happy about it. I hate losing our best players but clubs can get by as selling clubs if they do it right.

We did it with Barry and lost about 10m quid off the price. It's a difficult balancing act. Personally I wouldn't give anyone stick about those deals but I can see why people aren't happy about it. I hate losing our best players but clubs can get by as selling clubs if they do it right.

`Getting by' is good enough for you?

I wouldn't mind if we were finishing 12th every season for the last 10 years, and thats what we aimed for. It wasn't 2 years ago we were finishing 6th and 7th etc, and we were actually aiming for the magical top 4, and so close to getting there. We were touted as the next club to get into the top 4, that was the goal.

Now? Sell our best players every season without fail, aim for 14th.

I get its a balancing act, but you have to speculate to accumulate. Basic business sense, players like Bent aint happy because we sold Ash and Downing, so he will want to move on.

STOP SELLING!!! haha

lets just recount, barry 2009 - milner 2010 - young & downing 2011 - possibly bent 2012 and players in of any size are downing, bent and nzog ireland, so in the end we can risk sitting with nzog and ireland both wich has played long from any decent form over all. its just to congratualting with being good at investing our money

the profit might of been 'good' but there was no need to sell these players, we didnt need to sell them at all, by selling these weve took 3 steps back to the mess we was in before, had we kept them, we would be in a better state and certainly higher up the league chasing europe, which could of gained us more income than the profit we made on the 3 players

not clever business imo by the board, they chased the penny, and missed out on the pound

the profit might of been 'good' but there was no need to sell these players, we didnt need to sell them at all, by selling these weve took 3 steps back to the mess we was in before, had we kept them, we would be in a better state and certainly higher up the league chasing europe, which could have gained us more income than the profit we made on the 3 players

not clever business imo by the board, they chased the penny, and missed out on the pound

Exactly my point.

I work in retail at the moment, the big company I work for are cutting back on staff all over the place - and its having a massive effect on the state of the shop. Nothing on sale half the time, people cant buy what they need, massive queues, staff morale through the floor. If the company put more into it, it would eliminate all of the above, and make money for the company. Its basic business.

Best not mention who I work for, incase Randy Lerner gets on the phone asking our CEO how he manages to do such a good job.. haha.

We had to sell Young, could have kept onto Milner and Downing though now looking back for at least one more season. That said, it's made worse by the fact we haven't re-invested the money. I'm sure had we sold those players but then spent it all on players and improving maybe various areas of the squad, it wouldn't be so bad. We have just sold players and not replaced them or replaced them weakily.

the profit might of been 'good' but there was no need to sell these players, we didnt need to sell them at all, by selling these weve took 3 steps back to the mess we was in before, had we kept them, we would be in a better state and certainly higher up the league chasing europe, which could have gained us more income than the profit we made on the 3 players

So if we had kept Ash at the club this season and he left on a free transfer, how would that have helped? Imo if you sell someone for 20m, double what you paid for them, then you can get two players in, sell them for a profit, then get another four players in, then theoretically you can end up with a better team. Spurs have kind of done that, but the difference is they have made much better decisions off-field with a tighter control of wages and more imaginative recruitment.

We had to sell Young, could have kept onto Milner and Downing though now looking back for at least one more season. That said, it's made worse by the fact we haven't re-invested the money. I'm sure had we sold those players but then spent it all on players and improving maybe various areas of the squad, it wouldn't be so bad. We have just sold players and not replaced them or replaced them weakily.

And this is exactly why other players then become unhappy - ala Bent.

yea lets just look how for we got by investing the 40 mill we got from downing and ash into 15 mill of given and nzog, one that started extremly well i give you that but faded somewhat until he got a injury thats keept him out of the squad for around 3 months and he is 36 and i really doubt we are gonna profit from his sale in the future and a piss pore frnechman who has had 2 decent games and the rest on a level of a grimsby town sub that we`ll be lucky to get 8 mill for if we sell in the future

my point was, young didnt need to go anywhere, he was happy here, the club has always had a problem with offering new contracts, i reckon he would if signed a new contract

haha, thats cheered me up. United had been knocking on the door for time, he is gonna win stuff there, every year. More money, far bigger club and improve his England chances three fold.

But yeah, course he would have stayed with us.. :lol:

Â