Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Rubbish that's all. After his goal yesterday he pounded the Villa crest. I know that means very little but it's better than what Ashley Young used to do and only show off his name. Plus he has stated multiple times he likes it at VP and is staying.

Yeah I agree, when he ran over to us after scoring it kind of confirmed to me that he was staying. Just the way he looked and he made a point of grabbing the badge. He didnt have to do any of that, and as you say could have just doen a young.

See I thought for a minute at the time about he almost missed but it's a proper finish, low and hard, almost a case he knows he is so close to cech that he will get something on it but te finish is so assured that it won't matter

and IMO Liverpool won't go for him, not because of the money or because he's not good enough but because of what it says to andy Carroll, it effectively writes him off which I don't think they'll do

See I thought for a minute at the time about he almost missed but it's a proper finish, low and hard, almost a case he knows he is so close to cech that he will get something on it but te finish is so assured that it won't matter

and IMO Liverpool won't go for him, not because of the money or because he's not good enough but because of what it says to andy Carroll, it effectively writes him off which I don't think they'll do

There's also another reason why they probably won't go for Bent. I'll let you figure it out... :winkold:

I wouldn't wipe my arse with The People so I'm highly sceptical of anything they write. Shit tabloid trying to generate news. I didn't realise Alan Oliver was a body language expert.

Also

And his case wasn’t helped when he was spotted Christmas shopping while Villa were playing Arsenal last month.

There's also another reason why they probably won't go for Bent. I'll let you figure it out... :winkold:

Please tell!

Please tell!

Oh it's pretty obvious when you think about it. :)

Please tell!

Oh it's pretty obvious when you think about it. :)

*Whispers

He's Black.

£24 mill for bent, id snatch liverpools hands off, given the way we've set up lately in our improved performances, Bent simply doesn't fit in.

With £24 mill I'd bid for Steven Fletcher/dembele to rotate with Gab, Scott Sinclair to provide competition on the flanks and finally Clint Dempsey to revamped our midfield.

We desperately need investment and I would blame Mcleish for taking that amount of money.

£24 mill for bent, id snatch liverpools hands off, given the way we've set up lately in our improved performances, Bent simply doesn't fit in.

Not sure with that, got a goal yesterday.

If we continue to play as we have done then Bent should get the goals as we are making the chances and getting service to him which is what a striker like Bent thrives on.. if we go back to the negative crap however he will not get the goals nor the team.

With £24 mill I'd bid for Steven Fletcher/dembele to rotate with Gab, Scott Sinclair to provide competition on the flanks and finally Clint Dempsey to revamped our midfield.

We desperately need investment and I would blame Mcleish for taking that amount of money.

Are you mad? Get rid of our prized asset so Mcleish can spunk 24 million up the wall. What you suggest is a nightmare scenario.

A lot of people are assuming that if we sell bent AM will get the money to spend on players. For me it would a major surprise if Mcleish got all that money.

If liverpool make a reasonable offer - pretty sure villa will accept , and Bent will go. I just hope that Liverpool has eyes on another striker.

Rubbish that's all. After his goal yesterday he pounded the Villa crest. I know that means very little but it's better than what Ashley Young used to do and only show off his name. Plus he has stated multiple times he likes it at VP and is staying.

^^^

I thought exactly the same until later the same day i saw a clip of him doing exactly the same celebration..........FOR SUNDERLAND!.. I guess a lot of players know it will be well received by the fans of whichever club they play for so do it as a norm regardless of who they play for!

I could see that and it would be interesting. I love Bent but, as Spock would say, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" (Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan).

If we could generate funds to bring in two or three good players then that would be interesting. Personally, my first target would be Shaqiri, the young Swiss winger/ACM and not the singer, but him and Fletcher would both be good acquisitions.

Sorry but I completely disagree with this. We should be building a team around Bent. We finally have a goalscorer at the club and you want to ship him off because of how we are set up. You then want to replace him with a number of players that aren't different to what we have in the club......makes no sense to me. Losing Bent would be a major setback for us in my opinion...

Â