Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

How much will we get for him now? 5m or 6m tops?

Yep. The whole thing has been utterly mismanaged by Lambert.

Easy to point the finger at lambert - this goes beyond him for me.

Lambert picks the team and chooses the tactics so the present situation with Bent is Lambert's choice is it not?

Mismanaged? How? Sorry that sounds like an officespeak term. What does it mean here? Is it mismanagement not to play someone you dont rate? He had a chance early in the season and has also spent plenty of time with niggly injuries that have kept him out. During this time the others have established a right to not lose their place? Id say its part misfortune and part PLs preference. not sure anything wrongs been done tbqh.

• Like 1

Lambert picks the team and chooses the tactics so the present situation with Bent is Lambert's choice is it not?

Yes I'd agree, maybe I'm trying to be too much of a sherlock but I get the impression that something behind the scenes is involved here.

Edited by villan_007

Mismanaged? How? Sorry that sounds like an officespeak term. What does it mean here? Is it mismanagement not to play someone you dont rate? He had a chance early in the season and has also spent plenty of time with niggly injuries that have kept him out. During this time the others have established a right to not lose their place? Id say its part misfortune and part PLs preference. not sure anything wrongs been done tbqh.

Well put. 

Yes I'd agree, maybe I'm trying to be too much of a sherlock but I get the impression that something behind the scenes is involved here.

You're probably right but it's probably to do with player and manager and it still reverts back to the manager to deal with it.

How many times as has he been dropped ,other than Reading ? 

Every since the injury last season he has been unable to stay fit ..Lambert has had him on the bench when he has been fit and I expect him there tomorrow.In the current 4-3-3 the only position he can play is the central role Benteke has and Benteke is not going to be dropped anytime soon.He did well coming on against WHU as he helped make space for the other players.Does he get on with Lambert ,perhaps not but he looks happy enough in training today

Will he be here next season maybe not but I think he has a role to play for us this season yet.

I think Lambert can only work with young, inexperienced players. He can't handle experienced players with a bit of attitude. If you're going to be a proper premier league manager you have to be able to do that and his failure in this area is one of the reasons we have had such a shit season.

Edited by briny_ear

Just working off memory here, and I may be wrong, but when Benteke scored he had 3 other players around him... Bent, Sylla and probably Delph though I may be wrong on that.

Bent was the closest player to Benteke in the build up to the goal and when it was scored but when all the Villa players surrounded Benteke celebrating, Bent was nowhere to be seen... I wouldn't hold it against him if he was thinking "That **** player has done it again the bastard.", but it would have been nice to see him there celebrating the goal like the rest.

I'll repeat that I am just working off my memory and so Bent could have been celebrating and jubilating with the rest of them but I don't think he was...

Lamber, lerner and faulkner have wiped off about £15m off bents value...

Another master plan by the trio of knob heads!

Couldnt run a bath the fcukin lot of them!

:wub:

<_<

:crylaugh:

FFS how can the board be blamed for Lambert deciding not to play him?

Oh come on, We all know lambert is a yes man, Lerner says get the wage bill down so lambert  being the prick he is thinks by not selecting him will force him to hand in a transfer request.

Same treatment applied to given, ireland ect, Seriously If anybody thinks that trio will be here next season then more fool them.  

Lerner and faulkners small minded tactics have turned us into a small club again and more fool lambert for being there bitch! Pathetic excuse of men thats all!.

FFS how can the board be blamed for Lambert deciding not to play him?

Oh come on, We all know lambert is a yes man, Lerner says get the wage bill down so lambert  being the prick he is thinks by not selecting him will force him to hand in a transfer request.

Same treatment applied to given, ireland ect, Seriously If anybody thinks that trio will be here next season then more fool them.  

Lerner and faulkners small minded tactics have turned us into a small club again and more fool lambert for being there bitch! Pathetic excuse of men thats all!.

I don't really want any of them here next year? Maybe Bent? But if we get a decent bid, I'd snatch it. The other two I'd piggy back out of B6.

Â