Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

We're facing the same problem that Sunderland had with him when we wanted to sign him. He's spoiled and thinks far higher of himself than what he deserves. Ship him out for 15mil and sign three hungry youngsters from the european market instead. We don't need primadonnas and our club has had their problems with them through the years (Big John, Baros etc.). Bent's wages could keep Acorns run alone, what a waste of money.

I think TrentVilla and a few others have hit the nail on the head about Bent already, IMO.

If the links with Liverpool are true, would anyone be against swapping him for Downing?

And when did Bent become our best player? Best goal scorer, but far away from being our best player.

I think TrentVilla and a few others have hit the nail on the head about Bent already, IMO.

If the links with Liverpool are true, would anyone be against swapping him for Downing?

And when did Bent become our best player? Best goal scorer, but far away from being our best player.

I think quite a many villafans would be against getting Downing back, he's been pisspoor for a year and the way he left didn't exactly leave a good mark.

No, it certainly didn't. But there is a good player there. we've all seen it. And he could add some creativity to our game. I wouldn't be against him playing on the wing in our 4-3-3/4-5-1-system. Even if I despise him for the way he left.

Who is our Best player if not Bent?

He's the player who would command the largerst fee from other clubs at least.

I'd say that there are many players in our squad that are better FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Bent on the other hand is the one who's most likely to score goals which is important, of course. The price tag doesn't always reflect on how good player you are.

We're facing the same problem that Sunderland had with him when we wanted to sign him. He's spoiled and thinks far higher of himself than what he deserves. Ship him out for 15mil and sign three hungry youngsters from the european market instead. We don't need primadonnas and our club has had their problems with them through the years (Big John, Baros etc.). Bent's wages could keep Acorns run alone, what a waste of money.

How did you come to this conclusion? There is no proof whatsoever.

Would love to see Bent swapped for Downing, his form of of 10/11 would see him stand out like a sore thumb in the current team. I don't particularly mind that he screwed us over, it's not like any of us idolise the players any more, 90% of them are probably arseholes when you get behind the PR rubbish, so adding one more to the pile won't do any harm.

Bent for Downing? At this point....probably not.

That scenario just does'nt seem to fit in with whats going on at VP under this management. PL is building his own team, a young team, here and he will be aware of the acrimony Downings departure created. I believe he WILL look to offload DB9 at some point, purely because he is a expensive asset, but will already have a clear idea of the kind of player he wants to bring into his plans.

To get the best out of Bent Lambert has to do one of two things. Either buy two decent wingers to supply him or to buy a proper number 10 to feed him through the middle. At the moment Lambert has done neither so we don't play to Bent's strengths and there's no point in keeping Bent if the manager has no intention in doing that.

I have always advocated keeping Bent due to possible injury or burn out to Benteke and indeed the current position we are in but am slowly becoming resigned to Lambert selling him in January. Not that i think its the right thing to do, but i do believe there is a personality clash between manager and player and it will be a decision that our manager will have to live or die by.

Swap for Henderson?

I do hope your joking?

I really hope Bent comes back into the team, adds to his 12 goals in about a year and a half, and fires us back up to the higher echelons of the table where we have been so frequently when he was playing. I really do miss the glory days that Darren's presence brought.

Darren Bent has played a part in the worst Villa team I have ever seen. Truly awful. Paul Lambert is changing things, (which may or may not work, but lets be honest in terms of passion and effort, it couldnt get any worse), and if Darren isn't on board so be it.

if lambert doesnt get a resonable ammount to spend in january and he has to sell players to finance new buys i could see the value of selling bent as he is a luxury player at the moment, as many has mentioned before, theres no point in playing with effectively 10 players and a isolated bent up top. The money could be spend on a cheaper/younger/"hungry" striker as well as midfielder(s) to provide service.

i would say swapping him for downing would be a bad move though, no one knows how long it will take for him to get out of the shit spell hes in at the moment and for all we know the good season he had with us might have been a one time wonder. Im hoping the new scouting chief can find us some better gems instead as i really dont think downing is worth the same as bent, even if bent hasnt been on top form latley either.

the best outcome ofcourse would be if lambert got the funds and was able to keep bent aswell as beefing up the service.

I think he'll stay with you. Even if Lambert doesn't rate him, you can't let him leave for nothing and there just aren't many viable options for him. There just aren't many clubs who could realistically afford his wages and transfer fee, that actually need him.

Liverpool aren't going to drop a midfield player in order to accommodate a poacher. Rodgers plays a possession based game. All top sides do. I've read people saying Liverpool just need someone to finish off chances, but they wont have the same amount of chances or control over games if they were to use a player like Bent. He could be used as an impact sub, like Hernandez at Utd, but that isn't realistic.

Jol is struggling to get a player of Petric's quality in the Fulham side, as Ruiz is becoming such an influence playing behind Berba, so they wont be in for Bent. Harry rate's him as much as the average Spurs fan does, so he isn't going to QPR.

Unless a foreign club or West Ham come in for him, he'll be staying with you. I think he and Carroll would actually make a good pairing at West Ham.

He scores goals - of course liverpool will drop a midfielder to accomdate him. They only have suarez scoring at the mo !

Â