Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

A lot of people seem pretty certain that Bent will be off in January (I hope they're wrong). Where is going to end up? I can't see Liverpool's finances stretching that far and they still owe us for Downing, I think.

If QPR lose to Soton on Saturday I can see Hughes getting the sack and Arry coming to the rescue. Can't see Bent wanting to reunite with Arry and Sandra. Who's going to stump up the cash....?

Could he be our super sub like dzeko is finding himself? Obviously didn't work like that against Norwich, but against Albion his impact was plain to see... Tiring defences being tested by Weiman gabby and benteke for 70 mins, then introduce bent who's movement in the box catches out the defence and finds space

Could he be our super sub like dzeko is finding himself? Obviously didn't work like that against Norwich, but against Albion his impact was plain to see... Tiring defences being tested by Weiman gabby and benteke for 70 mins, then introduce bent who's movement in the box catches out the defence and finds space

No.

he doesn't need to be a super sub, and he doesn't necessarily need to fit in with benteke - PL rotates players and systems...

Benteke has had a great couple of games, but as a young player, he is going to have stinkers as well... at that points fans are going to calling for his head, and if db9 is gone, we're going to be in a situation where we are stuck without that as a credible alternative...

what PL needs to do now, and this is why he's paid the bucks, is manage his players and their expectations. if DB9 says he's not prepared to be part of a squad, then i thnk there is little choice other than to sell him.

I am firmly of the view that if bent leaves it will be because he has forced the move... i also, unfortunately think that there is more than a 50% chance that this will be case.

Getting rid of one of your best players is not the way to go as we've found out over the past couple of years. So he hasn't started the past few games, so what? He's still a part of the team, and last season despite Holt being on fire and team captain, he found himself on the bench a lot. It's just how Lambert goes about things. As he's stated multiple times, he picks the players he thinks can win a particular game. I'm fairly sure Bent will have his use to PL.

I dont think we should sell him, and I dont think the club or lambert wants to sell him, but the fact remains that as a club it seems unlikely that we could keep him as backup to Benteke. It seems likely to be an either or kind of thing, with us needing to spend any made by selling him on a squad striker

I dont think we should sell him, and I dont think the club or lambert wants to sell him, but the fact remains that as a club it seems unlikely that we could keep him as backup to Benteke. It seems likely to be an either or kind of thing, with us needing to spend any made by selling him on a squad striker

Its imperative that we do keep Bent until the end of the season. We do not want to be selling one of our best players until we are safe from the drop. What we lose in transfer fee by keeping him until the end of the season will be replaced by the extra revenue from TV.

I really don't want a replacement for Bent taking x amount of games getting up to speed with the Premiership. By then it could be too late.

It is vitally important that we stay up this season and nothing is more important than that.

I think its quite clear that Lambert wants rid of him.

I dont really agree. Im sure Lambert would be more than happy to have a player of Bent's abilities available to him, when he needs him.

If bent was being stroppy about not playing, and throwing the toys, upsetting the dressing room, then I suppose Lambert might think differently, and he'd be right I guess

• Like 1

cant see us getting any more than £10m for him, a huge loss, hes best off kept but he needs to not have strops, he knows hes not finding the net at the moment o ho can you expect to play every minute when youre not finding the net and other strikers are

Personally, I think Bent got dropped purely on form basis. The ankle injury was Bent's first ever major injury and hadn't kicked a ball competitively since February so it's probably taken him a bit longer than we'd expect another player who's had 1 or 2 major injuries in the past to get back up to form. It takes a lot out of you and takes a while for your movement, pace, reading of the game etc to come back.

Depending on this ankle set back, I reckon he'll come back into the team sooner rather than later.

Â