Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Also think he wants to start scoring to try and get back into the England team, unlucky for him though is that Defoe is banging them in this season.. He better start doing the same.

If he gets the service Defoe does i'm sure he will

Every player has to earn his place.. And Bent has earned his for the next match.

No player should expect to be on the team sheet every week, its leads to complacency.

Of course, although I think it would be folly to drop Bent too often for league games. He should really be starting most games. We've got a decent spine in Guzan, Vlaar, El Ahmadi, Ireland and Bent that I'd like to see us stick to.

Every player has to earn his place.. And Bent has earned his for the next match.

No player should expect to be on the team sheet every week, its leads to complacency.

Of course, although I think it would be folly to drop Bent too often for league games. He should really be starting most games. We've got a decent spine in Guzan, Vlaar, El Ahmadi, Ireland and Bent that I'd like to see us stick to.

Yeah agreed..

Bent plans showdown talks with Lambert after being dropped for Villa clash with West Brom

Darren Bent plans to meet Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert after being axed for Sunday's drawn derby against West Bromwich Albion.

The £24million England striker came off the substitutes' bench to score the equaliser in a 1-1 draw.

Bent spoke to the media on Sunday, despite the club asking him not to.

‘I felt a bit disappointed I didn’t start the game,’ he said. 'It's been a crappy couple of weeks for me.

'I found out I wasn’t captain before the Swansea game and I found out before the West Brom game I wasn’t playing.

'It's frustrating and disappointing, especially after my confidence was coming back after a goal against Southampton.

'I've not spoken to the manager. He’s said nothing to me. Nothing. We’ll probably speak this week.’

Darren's been talking to the press

Oh dear, the how dare you drop me rant. If he'd kept his trap shut he'd be back in the team for the next game, now...

Oh well... No room for prima donnas at VP these days. Team ethic and you're only as good as your last game is where we're at now, clearly someone hasn't grasped that.

If you're only as good as your last game then it rather beggars the question of why Benteke started and Bent didn't.

This whole situation is Lambert's making. If you think the way to run a football team is to treat your best player and one of your most established seniors in the same way that you treat a kid just coming into the side then you have a lot to learn. Lambert has never dealt with players with big reputations before. If he wants to make it as a top level manager he'll need to learn from this.

If you're only as good as your last game then it rather beggars the question of why Benteke started and Bent didn't.

This whole situation is Lambert's making. If you think the way to run a football team is to treat your best player and one of your most established seniors in the same way that you treat a kid just coming into the side then you have a lot to learn. Lambert has never dealt with players with big reputations before. If he wants to make it as a top level manager he'll need to learn from this.

I think Lamberts man management skills are poor

Which was the last game that Bent was our best player?

That's a diversion. Bent's game isn't to get involved so much in the build up play as to be the the most influential or best player - unless he's getting loads of chances, which he hasn't been.

That doesn't change the fact that he's the most adept at his position out of all of our players and would be worth the most on the open market. He's a guy that we need to build our team around, not piss off for no reason.

Play well, start games.

Don't play well, start from the bench.

Play well from the bench, start games.

Open big mouth, back to the bench.

This isn't a complicated business, you'd think a player might pick that up.

He looked well off the pace in our first couple of games and he needs to step it up, it's not rocket science and he deserved to be benched.

We've got four strikers and it's possible to make a case for all four being better coming off the bench than starting - someone needs to take the opportunity from the start.

I'm not convinced he has a future with us. Everyone keeps saying that he is a goal scorer pure and simple and his game is just about what he does in the penalty area, which is probably right. But does that fit into the type of player lambert wants? Not sure myself and to be honest if he is going to go I'd rather it sooner than later, and I am a big fan of bent. In any dispute it has to be the manager who wins

Bent plans showdown talks with Lambert after being dropped for Villa clash with West Brom

Darren Bent plans to meet Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert after being axed for Sunday's drawn derby against West Bromwich Albion.

The £24million England striker came off the substitutes' bench to score the equaliser in a 1-1 draw.

Bent spoke to the media on Sunday, despite the club asking him not to.

‘I felt a bit disappointed I didn’t start the game,’ he said. 'It's been a crappy couple of weeks for me.

'I found out I wasn’t captain before the Swansea game and I found out before the West Brom game I wasn’t playing.

'It's frustrating and disappointing, especially after my confidence was coming back after a goal against Southampton.

'I've not spoken to the manager. He’s said nothing to me. Nothing. We’ll probably speak this week.’

Darren's been talking to the press

Don't think there is anything in that at all. Is he supposed to be happy to be dropped? This is practically what was said after the game.

He's far from our best players, but he's our best goalscorer. But no player should be guaranteed to start. I didn't see the game against city but from the reports at least I got the impression that Benteke and Gabby played very good together and that's why they started against wba too. And that must be fair, I think. Some players and their egos are just annoying. They put themselves ahead of the team.

People are probably reading too much into this, all he said that he was disappointed not to start and will talk with the gaffer, rest are just the usual shit media says.
Agreed. This is being blown out of proportion.

Well Darren, if you don't work hard enough then you don't deserve to be playing.

I have never really warmed to the guy, I think he had the wrong intentions when leaving Sunderland for us, he pissed me off greatly when he decided to go shopping instead of cheering on his teammates, and let's be honest he's a pretty all round shit footballer. He does seem to have a very good habit of scoring goals though, I'll give him that.

I would sell him at the end of the season if we can recoup most of the money we paid for him, there are plenty of strikers who have more talent than Darren Bent.

Â