Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I don`t like darren bent. He has a sense of entitlement and he only came here for money anyway. He has been pants for a while now. Lambert is the one that gave him the captaincy and then it was his to lose, as was his place in the team. He lost both on merit.

He seems to think he isn`t supposed to be left out and if he is he should get an explanation. Well i`ll give him one, you are lazy and self entitled, and you need it all on a plate Darren, hows that?

Well Vlaar's been such a different leader to Bent. The difference between the two is alarming .... NOT

I had a nightmare last night that we lost Bent and were left with Gabby, Weimann and Benteke to score the goals. Needless to say we got relegated

how much are we likely to get for him anyway if we sold? he is what 28-29? we would eb lucky to get 12m for him and how can w eget thats better for that sort of money

we should keep bent and use him as our main man with gabby while benteke come on a simpact sub for the moment as he has been good but not great. still needs some work but you cvan tell he is going to be fantastic in next few seasons

I don't get all this "he doesn't work hard" and "he only offers goals" thing. His all-round game has improved and while he'll never be much of a creator of chances he just doesn't goal-hang like some people make out. When Benteke came on against Swansea for example he actually worked really hard and set up a really nice chance for Benteke.

Such a useless player, only scores 1 in 2games. Get rid I say and bring heskey backy. At least he works hard.

**** ridiculous comments in this thread.

This

You can over complicate things, The aim of the game is putting the ball in the net. Liverpool sold us Dean Saunders - because he didn't fit in the 'liverpool way' - came and scored shed loads for us .

Good as Lambert is - he needs Bent - without him we will struggle for goals

There will be plenty takers for Darren Bent

It annoyed me on Sunday that Bent wasn't on the pitch.. At first I thought it would be nice to see Benteke and Gabby have a run about but once I saw we were playing with wingers and were actually getting a good amount of crosses in I just got annoyed. Bent has been after that kind of service at this club for years, the day he gets it he's on the bench.. we could have possibly won that game had Bent started.

Gabby & Benteke had just torn strips off Man City 5 days earlier. IMO it was good management to send them out with the instructions to simply 'do it again'. It didn't work like that and we're still finding our most effective partnership. As much as it is possible to over-complicate by saying that your best team isn't always your best 11 players on paper, it can be true. I'm sure Bent will play next time out, unless he says something silly in the meantime, in which case he could need to bring a cushion on match day for a while yet. We'll see what comes out of the 'talks' he has requested with PL.

It annoyed me on Sunday that Bent wasn't on the pitch.. At first I thought it would be nice to see Benteke and Gabby have a run about but once I saw we were playing with wingers and were actually getting a good amount of crosses in I just got annoyed. Bent has been after that kind of service at this club for years, the day he gets it he's on the bench.. we could have possibly won that game had Bent started.

I personally think we would have won the game if Bent started. And then we'd be talking about 2 more points, how confident the side would be after 2 straight victories and we'd have won the derby. Instead we're talking about how shit Benteke was and how Bent doesn't feel valued by the management and whether he might leave in January (which would be a **** disaster by the way).

Poor, poor management by Lambert, especially not to even explain himself to the guy.

Poor, poor management by Lambert, especially not to even explain himself to the guy.

To me it would have been poor management to drop either of the other 2 after what they'd done to Man City. Remember it's a lot easier to pick a side in hindsight.

Gabby & Benteke had just torn strips off Man City 5 days earlier. IMO it was good management to send them out with the instructions to simply 'do it again'. It didn't work like that and we're still finding our most effective partnership. As much as it is possible to over-complicate by saying that your best team isn't always your best 11 players on paper, it can be true. I'm sure Bent will play next time out, unless he says something silly in the meantime, in which case he could need to bring a cushion on match day for a while yet. We'll see what comes out of the 'talks' he has requested with PL.

I would have done the exact same thing as Lambert did, and I think he got that decision spot on with the information he had. No, I'd play Bent next game, but then again, Bent complaining seeking "Showdown talks" (yeah I know...) makes the situation a bit trickier IMO.

To me it would have been poor management to drop either of the other 2 after what they'd done to Man City. Remember it's a lot easier to pick a side in hindsight.

Of course it is, but I'd have picked it with foresight too. I'd been saying Bent and Gabby all week. If you have a 20 goal a season forward who has scored in his last game, you'd better have a great reason for not picking him.

The double whammy of being stripped of the captaincy and then being dropped is a fine way to piss off your most potent weapon. We really can't afford to do that. It's not like he's been playing badly, he's done fine.

Â