Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I can see the fans opinion on Bent beginning to turn. IMO he'll be off next summer

He had a couple of bad misses and he is being criticised for it. Pretty sure everyone still rates him as a great striker and i'd hope people aren't changing their opinions of him based on the last couple of games.

One missed sitter and he's a shit player? Does'nt make sense.

I'm with the opinion he's been carrying this groin injury for some time. Bents problem is he's the first player on the teamsheet because of his goal record, when it would definitely been more beneficial for us to have him at 100%, not 50%

Get him fit.

I'm with the opinion he's been carrying this groin injury for some time. Bents problem is he's the first player on the teamsheet because of his goal record, when it would definitely been more beneficial for us to have him at 100%, not 50%

Get him fit.

I agree, plus the form Gabby is in he deserves a chance to play his best position.

Get him fit.

Thing is, when you look at his first miss yesterday, the ball is almost under his foot when it arrives, so when he hits it, its pretty difficult to get much direction on it.

Maybe his starting position and timing could of been better before he recieved it, but if his groin is pulling, then that could effect it.

I thought his second chance was the better, when he pulled it past the post.

But thats Benty, he has always had a reputation for being wasteful, despite the amount of goals he does get. And its his movement that enables him to do that. which yesterday, was not 100%.

i dont think his fit still either if he has a break for the bolton game i think he will be back to normal for qpr. his service is rubbish at the moment and usually he would score the chance he had yesterday but he is still a great great player and asset to avfc

Can we stop with the "I think Bent will be sold next" statements please.

Sold to who pray?

Chelsea, Manyoo, Liverplop, Le Arse and Citeh wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

He's already been at Sunderland and Spurs.

He cost £18m, we wouldnt sell at a loss.

Please explain where he is supposed to go? and who would pay us silly money for him?

Its the story of our lives...We purchase a top quality goal scorer and then the manager that knows how to use him, is forced to retire through injury..

Let's get something straight as so many of our short-sighted, narrow-minded, agenda-packing 'supporters' are always so keen to contextualise the bad form of one player as being symptomatic of something else (chiefly, McLeish's appointment as manager). Darren Bent is exactly the same player this season as he was last season, and many more prior to that.

Houllier was no better at using him than McLeish, Steve Bruce, Martin Jol or Alan Curbishley (only Redknapp has ever seriously misused the player by way of his public admonishing). Contrary to popular belief, Bent doens't put away nine out of ten chances - he has always missed as many as he's scored. His goal-scoring form tends to come in fits and starts and when he's on fire, he's really on fire. Anyone who actually goes to the games will recall his performances last season against Fulham (h), Blackpool (a), Bolton (a), Wolves (h), Newcastle (h), Wigan (h) to name but a few that were pretty much identical to his performances so far this season, including Saturday's. His injury is no doubt not helping matters, but he missed similar chances or got the ball stuck under his feet or got his first touch wrong in just the same manner last term as we have seen on occasion this season. He was just as isolated and starved of chances when Houllier was deploying him up front with other other players (especially Young and Agbonlahor) out of position and numerous games went by without any kind of service.

His current loss of form will be temporary and is no more down to McLeish than his impressive run of goals was down to McAllister during the final weeks of last season.

Could we be more creative? Absolutely. Could service to him be improved? Unquestionably. Would he still rather have Ashley Young in the team than Charles N'Zogbia? Of course.

But these are all problems that would've needed addressing this season with the personnel we have regardless of the manager. McLeish needs to find a system and a first eleven that are more adept at finding space in the final third, and so far he is struggling. But no more or no less than the previous two managers - and anyone that thinks differently has a very cosy revisionist view of history.

Sold to who pray?

Chelsea, Manyoo, Liverplop, Le Arse and Citeh wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Please explain where he is supposed to go? and who would pay us silly money for him?

There are teams in Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia and Turkey who would love to have him.

He asked Steve Bruce if he could go to Turkey after one season, so the option is viable after all.

He is a player who suits all leagues, because he is good at only thing; scoring goals when all the others

do the job for him. Which it a very, very important skill after all.

McLeish needs to find a system and a first eleven that are more adept at finding space in the final third, and so far he is struggling. But no more or no less than the previous two managers - and anyone that thinks differently has a very cosy revisionist view of history.

And anyone that thinks that McLiesh has a scooby about how to set up a front 6 is equally misguided IMO having watched the first 5 games.

Sold to who pray?

I still think he will be sold if he fails to get the service he needs to score goals. Once his England place is under question he'll probably kick us a fuss forcing the club to sell.

make no mistake modern footballers have no loyalty to their current employers (see Stuart Downing and James Milner). It's not a case of another club being able to afford him or needing him. I personally think if the team continue playing the way they are he will do what countless other players have done and force a move. Just look at Gyan from Sunderland.

Â