Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

"It is touch and go, there is no doubt about that, because he is going to miss the England game," McLeish told the club's official website.

"We will be working around the clock to try and get him fit for the Everton game.

"But at this moment he is injured and that is the fact. You never know by the weekend.

"We don't think it is too serious and it is not going to keep him out for a while but hopefully he'll still be available for the weekend."

Not looking good acording to Sky Sports.

If he is touch and go on his fitness for this weekend, I'd be tempted to leave him out and give him another week to recover. We don't want to keep playing him when injured and risk a long term injury, plus if he is 100% he will be sharper around the box.

Jenas, Delph, Petrov. Gabby, Zog, Heskey.

Midfield, attack. It's a loss but the way Gabby has been playing, he can be just as dangerous in this form.

Just out of interest, why would you start Jenas ahead of Bannan or Ireland? I personally think one of those deserves a chance in the first team after the Hereford match.

Jenas, Delph, Petrov. Gabby, Zog, Heskey.

Midfield, attack. It's a loss but the way Gabby has been playing, he can be just as dangerous in this form.

Just out of interest, why would you start Jenas ahead of Bannan or Ireland? I personally think one of those deserves a chance in the first team after the Hereford match.

I wouldn't given anyone a game based on a game against Hereford to be honest. It's Hereford ... I didn't think either played that well. Bannan was decent, Ireland ok but considering we played Hereford, hardly mind blowing.

Also with Zog, Heskey, Gabby etc...think Jenas would be more suited to a box to box role, getting up and down. I imagine we'll be pretty direct if we play so having someone more competitive in the centre would help us more rather than having a Bannan who I think would struggle to really make much of an impact vs a team like Everton.

Â