Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

No.

I say that because, it was he that allowed the wages to get out of control, then passed the whole buck on to O'Neil, whom was only trying to follow Randy's aim of getting Champions league...

I'm sure had Randy told MON he couldn't spend money on this player and that player (which IMO is why he left) then MON would have walked a lot sooner than he did... and you'd be on here blaming Randy for not backing MON. So it's a lose lose situation for Randy really isnt it?

Theres possibly a grain of truth in that, however, it was not us stating that our goal was Champions League, hence the heightened expectations.

Im pretty sure, things would of been differently in hindsight, however it still reeks of incompetence, especially when you look at what has transpired since.

O'niel would not have got us champions league no matter how much cash he was given, and i think he knew that. The reason he quit, was because the conditions of his contract were being changed. He wanted total control, Randy wanted to wrestle that from him, because the total control meant everything from picking the tea lady, to crossing the R and Ts on contracts.

He did not leave because he was not allowed to spend.

Anyway, i think Benty will score tomorrow :winkold:

Bent, signed from Sunderland for £24million in January, has netted just once in four league games although he is confident Villa will rediscover their free-scoring touch.

"It has been quite a good, solid start - especially for the manager who was under a lot of pressure," he said. "We are defending well and working well as a team but we need to find a balance.

"We have to find the right formation for the team to be solid and offensive. The gaffer is looking at different alternatives and hopefully it will work.

"It is about finding a system where we are a lot more dangerous and potent.

"When you are a striker you are used to scoring left, right and centre and when the ball is not coming and you are not getting as many opportunities it is going to play on your mind.

"You are going to get frustrated but I am a team player and as long as the team is doing well I won't grumble."

Bent, signed from Sunderland for £24million in January, has netted just once in four league games although he is confident Villa will rediscover their free-scoring touch.

"It has been quite a good, solid start - especially for the manager who was under a lot of pressure," he said. "We are defending well and working well as a team but we need to find a balance.

"We have to find the right formation for the team to be solid and offensive. The gaffer is looking at different alternatives and hopefully it will work.

"It is about finding a system where we are a lot more dangerous and potent.

"When you are a striker you are used to scoring left, right and centre and when the ball is not coming and you are not getting as many opportunities it is going to play on your mind.

"You are going to get frustrated but I am a team player and as long as the team is doing well I won't grumble."

The media do my head in, the opening line of the story about Gabby I read this week talked about Gabby being on fire after scoring 2 in 4 games, yet here when they want to imply that Bent's been poor they quote he's only scored 1 in 4!

We may as well move the Bent, N'Zogbia and Delph discussion into the coaching under McLeish thread..Because we all know they arn't bad players..Its all down to the coaching style, tactics and training by McLeish and his team. Its not good enough as it focuses mainly on defensive duties.

We may as well move the Bent, N'Zogbia and Delph discussion into the coaching under McLeish thread..Because we all know they arn't bad players..Its all down to the coaching style, tactics and training by McLeish and his team. Its not good enough as it focuses mainly on defensive duties.

Eh?? SO how do you explain his misses then?

No lack of service, Gabbys scoring. Bents getting chances - but not scoring.

My biggest fears are starting to happen in that when he aint scoring, he offers nothing

Can't blame Dazza for today. Yes he missed a sitter but we all know what he's about. I think everyone thought Petrov was going to shoot and his cut-back was hit too hard.

The problem with the team goes way beyond Bent missing a "sitter".

Bet we'd blame Heskey

Sounds like Bent is too, this season

Hes not fit, and is not getting the service. His movement is not right, and i suspect hes being told to carry on because Mcleish does not have confidence in anyone else.

For me, he needs taking out, and getting whatever is holding him back, sorted. Otherwise, we are at risk of losing for a longer period.

Â