Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Hes good, but pales in comparison to Yorke!

Completely different types of striker

It's like comparing Peter Withe and Van Persie

Yorke was an all round excellent 'footballer'. Bent is a top class forward in the old school fashion

Hes good, but pales in comparison to Yorke!

Completely different types of striker

It's like comparing Peter Withe and Van Persie

Yorke was an all round excellent 'footballer'. Bent is a top class forward in the old school fashion

The original statement was that the poster thought Bent was the best 'striker' we have had at villa in 30 years. Since both Yorke and Bent play(ed) under the title of 'striker' it doesnt matter what subtle differences there were in their games, the comparison still stands!

Another nutso thread.

3 games guys and galls, 3 **** games. I'm not predicting anything, but it's far too early to judge whether we will be able to create chances for him.

As for January, if we don't create the chances and he doesn't score goals (and is thus unhappy) who on earth is going to pay £30m for him?

I think the nickname "sniffer Bent" would suit him. Hes a goalscorer, and nothing else.

You cant compare him to anybody since Dion. Dion being the nearest to him. Well since the early to mid eighties anyway.

He's primarily a goalscorer but since he's moved to Villa he's definitely improved other areas of his game.

He is a goal machine straight and simple, create the chances he will (9 times out of ten) put them away. Do not create the chances and he looks redundant. Trouble is that when he does then get the odd scrap the odd sniff of a chance the pressure will be on to convert 9 out of 10 to 10 out of 10 and no striker is that good, especially when rusty. Another vicious circle.

Best striker we have had in 30 years for me but then we take away the one thing he needs to do his job.

I'm another that completely agrees with this

We've not taken anything away from him, players like Young, Milner and Downing got better offers from other clubs so decided to leave. You cannot keep players that want to leave.

I think the nickname "sniffer Bent" would suit him. Hes a goalscorer, and nothing else.

You cant compare him to anybody since Dion. Dion being the nearest to him. Well since the early to mid eighties anyway.

He's primarily a goalscorer but since he's moved to Villa he's definitely improved other areas of his game.

They may have improved but he other areas of his game are still poor IMO, not that it matters if he continues to score goals

He is a goal machine straight and simple, create the chances he will (9 times out of ten) put them away. Do not create the chances and he looks redundant. Trouble is that when he does then get the odd scrap the odd sniff of a chance the pressure will be on to convert 9 out of 10 to 10 out of 10 and no striker is that good, especially when rusty. Another vicious circle.

Best striker we have had in 30 years for me but then we take away the one thing he needs to do his job.

I'm another that completely agrees with this

We've not taken anything away from him, players like Young, Milner and Downing got better offers from other clubs so decided to leave. You cannot keep players that want to leave.

I agree with this, but you must remember the club have opted not to replace 1 of the quality players/supply line/wingers that left and (in my opinion) could lead to DB leaving in the summer.

He most certainly ain't going to get as much as he does here if he did leave next summer. He'll be twenty-eight by then, who is going to pay more than £15m on top of the wages he earns at Villa (about 75k I seem to recall somewhere)? Anzhi? Malaga? PSG? By next summer they'll have bigger fish to fry.

No one in the Prem would want him for that amount that's for sure. Those that could afford him wouldn't need him.

Bent has already proved with him move to Sunderland that he does notm ind going to smaller clubs, or places that are mikles away from his family and friends fi they pay right, so despite almost agreeing with you, I think he could go.

Stoke for example could have a good year, another cup run, get some cash and want to build, they could match his wages, maybe offer more and clearly have cash to spend.

Newcastle and QPR too, but I doubt they will have a good season, but both, if they stay up, woudl want a player of his class and could afford him.

If Bent has a good season, scores goals and gets in the England squad, I think he will stay. If he doesnt score goals, which lets face it, meamns we as a team will almost certainly struggle, he iwll want to go as otherwise he could miss out again on another England tournament.

He is a finisher, and without a top quality supply line he struggles. So a bad season for him with the likes of what we have supplying him, he willmost orobably want to go where the supply line could be better.

Since when were Stoke rich? They've already risked a lot of money this summer, cup runs do not make you a lot of money.

QPR fair enough, but there's nothing to suggest that they will have £20m+ to spend on a player.

As for Newcastle :crylaugh: More chance of ending up back at Sunderland.

Â