Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Yes, I think the handling of Bent has been Lamberts biggest failing during his time at the club.

why?

Because the guy could have been a real asset for us and a plan B for when Benteke was not having his best game. Instead Bowery was promoted ahead of him and Bent's value and form was eroded.

What would you say was Lamberts biggest failing? The lack of centre back cover?

What about the fact that the situation clearly helped Benteke's value go up.?

I wasn't talking about Bent vs Benteke, clearly Benteke is the right call.

I was talking about Bent vs Bowery as our striker option on the bench. 

Well Benteke replacing Bent, meant that Bowery was more suited to the role that Lambert wanted in reserve. There is no way Darren Bent would have put the shifts in that Bowery did against Stoke and West Ham imo.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2359768/Newcastle-face-competition-Darren-Bent-Wolfsburg.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Would be a good move for him IMO

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2359768/Newcastle-face-competition-Darren-Bent-Wolfsburg.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Would be a good move for him IMO

Very good move. Bundesliga so wages will probably scupper it though.

There's a few places reporting it on italian sites, apparently comes from the Gazzetto. Surprising for me, but he'd have the players around him to make chances for him, don't know how he'd go against serie A defending and it would be a test of his technique.

As to would he go? Don't see why he wouldn't fancy it, last big contract, decent chance of european football if Garcia manages to sort out the shambles at the training ground :)

Can't see him leaving the country now he is married and with his wife having 3 kids, and their dad being in the UK - fulham / newcaste for me. I know money is no object and it isn't that far away but still.

Edited by villan_007

Roma want him? Would he go to Italy?

I doubt he would go to Roma.

Why? I would.

I mean to be fair, who wouldn't?

Anybody who is black. Both Lazio and Roma have been fined and are on final warnings for racist chanting and behaviour.

If we sell Benteke and have to choose between Helenius and Bent, I would pick Bent easily. We know nothing about Helenius, and starting him up top expecting him to deliver is incredibly dangerous. That goal Bent had on the last day of the season kind of proves what kind of player he is, someone who scores goals for fun.

Roma want him? Would he go to Italy?

I doubt he would go to Roma.

Why? I would.

I mean to be fair, who wouldn't?

Anybody who is black. Both Lazio and Roma have been fined and are on final warnings for racist chanting and behaviour.

Massive problem here yeah, not restricted to round here, it's all over italian terraces and has been getting worse for years not better. History of some great black players at as roma though and to be fair enough black players go to eastern european clubs where it's even worse and there is open rascism from the clubs themselves not just the terraces!

Not sure whether that would be part of his decision. As for the family and kids, if you have cash here you'd be moving your family to a little slice of paradise to be fair. I don't have cash and I can still spend time in some beautiful places :P

Â