Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutierrez and Barton are fit. Looks as though Enrique is fit, not heard anything to do with Nile Ranger...but he would be backup anyway. Tiote, Nolan Suspended. Best Injured. Not their strongest squad but still capable

we wouldnt be seeing gh talking about the need for 10 points to stay up!.

True, we'd probably be seeing McClaren talking about the need for 15 points to stay up!

whys that then? sm won the league in holland with fc twenty & a cup..won a cup with boro..let me know if you can think of gh winning a double or a championship.

:o

McClaren actually does not have that bad of a record as a club manager.

Would I want him as Villa manager? No.

Gutierrez and Barton are fit. Looks as though Enrique is fit, not heard anything to do with Nile Ranger...but he would be backup anyway. Tiote, Nolan Suspended. Best Injured. Not their strongest squad but still capable

Everton were far more weakened than that and we only got a draw and probably didn't deserve that on the number of sitters that Everton missed. Make no assumptions with the idiot we have in charge!!

With two of Newcastle's best players not available on Sunday and Villa back to full strength, if we don't win that game, I'll want him gone immediately.

Hold on Steve, as much has i want Houllier gone, Football is never as easy as that, especially this season!

If we all turn up thinking like that, then they go a Goal up, it will only turn into frustration, with people venting their frustration on to the players. We all need to be focussed on Sunday, and that means not only the players and their benign manager.

Newcastle remember how we celebrated in relegating them. They will see this as revenge, and will definately be up for it without a teamtalk!

In recent weeks, I'm more and more curious about what went wrong for Sven at his interview. Apparently he got too "animated". I'd love to know what he got animated about..

It does seem to be something that has been forgotten about. I too would love to know, since it may give us an insight in what the Board thinks.

Unfortunately, i think we will have to wait until Sven lets it out in some forthcoming memoirs or something :lol:

My bet, it was cash............his cash :winkold:

Just heard on the radio that Rafa is interested in managing 4 english clubs

Thing is, would he offer anything different to what the current manager does?

I think they are a little like for like?

I think he'd actually be able to motivate the team unlike the current manager and use players in their proper positions

But he's not my number 1 choice either would rather go british with moyes

I get the impression that the personnel that we have at the villa are more likely to respond to an English coach who will get them fired up, rather than wanting to go out and play cool, calm football - we have been very successful in recent seasons building results around a strong defensive record and then lightening fast counter-attacking football. that all seems to have gone out the window without any clear picture of what it is going to be replaced with...

Our previous style of football was too predicable and we were never going to get into the top four with it.

GH will be our manager at the start of next season if we stay up. When he has had a full transfer window (summer) to get rid of the rest of our dead wood and restructure our club then between the start of the new season and Christmas will decide if he has been the right choice or not.

Although i have been a fierce critic of him on here i have decided to give him and the team my full support for the run in.

To bring another manager in now would be relegation suicide with all the changes he would bring. The team would be in even more turmoil than it already is at the moment!

GH was never my first choice. Martin Kol would have been the man to take us forward but he wasn't available when the board were looking for the new manager, so it might just end up being a masterstroke by the board to keep the faith?

I did however say I'd be happy enough with Moyes and I wouldn't be unhappy with Jol so there's two there. I just particularly never rated Mcclaren and I think Fat Sam would steady us but we wouldn't be buying the sorts of players or playing the type of football that I personally would like to see is all. I'm sure there's many other managers out there who I would be happy with but with the recent options nothing particularly inspires.

i agree with the mcclaren comment remember this

article-1027937-02895E53000004B0-336_468x442_popup.jpg

no thanks

I agree that SM could be good for us. But the number of people who disagree is a bit of a worry. Partly because they may be right, and partly because I don't think I could take another season of watching a beleaguered, unpopular manager try to turn things around amid a cacophony of abuse from the fans.

I think that's just the way at VP these days. MON was hardly beleaguered but he was unpopular with quite significant proportion of the fans. DOL was as well and roundly hated by most. Bit of a pattern there if you include GH.

Just heard on the radio that Rafa is interested in managing 4 english clubs

Blimey, what happens when they have to play each other?

:lol:

I laughed because I thought the exact same thing :P