Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Is Keane Irish or British then? two mixed views on here it seems (which backs up my point that i'm not the only one) ;)

Irish since he is from the Republic of Ireland.

If he was from Northern Ireland then you could say that he was both British and Irish.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think POB was taking the Michael in fairness.

Keane isn't British, as per his namesake Roy, Dickie Dunne, Duff or any of the others born within the 26 counties.

Tony Cascarino and Andy Townsend might be though.

Hughes for me.

Although he signed a 2 year deal at Fulham (1 year left) I have been led to believe that it isn't set in concrete and could allow him to join us, although they want him to sign a longer deal.

I would be happy with Hughes.

Listening to Talkshite after the game today driving back to Northants, some bloke called Vernon made a very reasonable and well thought out phone call to Ian Danter. Claiming that Mark Hughes has the Villa job and it'll be announced in the summer. I wouldn't mind that at all. He'd done a very good job wherever he's been.

Listening to Talkshite after the game today driving back to Northants, some bloke called Vernon made a very reasonable and well thought out phone call to Ian Danter. Claiming that Mark Hughes has the Villa job and it'll be announced in the summer. I wouldn't mind that at all. He'd done a very good job wherever he's been.

I would be delighted :)

Hughes is 'meh' for me. I mean, he had a short good spell at Blackburn, but apart from that, his been fairly average.

Well he had a better win record at Man City, yes I grant better players but still.

Is Vernon the one that calls in every week sounding like an absolute clueless attention seeking sensationalist opinions? If so, ignore it.. If not then It wouldn't be the worst appointment but nothing to be excited about. Fulham is about his level imo.