Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Yup he's certainly not worth an ounce of the hate getting spouted on here.

I don't hitnk it's personal between Lambert and the bomb squad, looks like he made it clear from day one that they won't be training with or taking part in teh first team. After that it's down to the player to find himself a new club, to be fair Hutton has been trying to put himself in the shop window when he could on loan and on international duty. 

If you were on a bumper contract you'd probably think twice before you agreed to take a massive pay cut. Otherwise it'll take time and a bit of luck to find a buyer who wants to pay him what we are. Of course the football purist (me included) would like to think that the money would take a back seat to a player losing some of the best years of his career training with the kids and not playing....

Hate is always regrettable and pointless.

These guys just do a job, some good ,some bad

Any hate should be directed at the idiot who signed him when

A - we didn't need him (lichaj, herd, Cuellar could all play RB)

B - we were supposed to be cutting costs, so why did we spend £4million and give out another bumper contract

C - he really was a liability, his defending was always a last ditch lunge after being caught out too far up field

This deal was a disaster, it should never of been done, you can't blame hutton for not walking away from a reported £39k a week, but its him that's spending the 'peak' years of his career playing with a group of 18 year old kids because his putting money ahead of his career

• Like 1

B - we were supposed to be cutting costs, so why did we spend £4million and give out another bumper contract

C - he really was a liability, his defending was always a last ditch lunge after being caught out too far up field

This deal was a disaster, it should never of been done, you can't blame hutton for not walking away from a reported £39k a week, but its him that's spending the 'peak' years of his career playing with a group of 18 year old kids because his putting money ahead of his career

Spot on. If Hutton was that good why is there no clubs in for him. He doesnt care about playing football, not that he ever could. Taking for a ride once again by spurs.

Spot on. If Hutton was that good why is there no clubs in for him. He doesnt care about playing football, not that he ever could. Taking for a ride once again by spurs.

£40000 per week?

I am sure that there are plenty of interested clubs, but nothing that suits his pocket.

As for whether he cares about playing football, I haven't heard or read enough about him lately to have an opinion.

If Hutton was that good why is there no clubs in for him.

Because Lerner was foolish enough to put him on a long contract at a salary much higher than any other club would sensibly pay?

He hired a manager who also thought this was a great idea.

I'm sure its MON's fault though.

He was really bad during 2011/12. It's only because he's been out of the team so long people are thinking he wasn't actually that horrid.

People can say it was McLeish but remember he was the manager under who Hutton probably played the best football of his career, for Scotland in 2007 which got him the move to Spurs. If he can't play well under his mentor then I'd say he wasn't capable of a dramatic improvement.

Because Lerner was foolish enough to put him on a long contract at a salary much higher than any other club would sensibly pay?

I don't think that 'Lerner' put him on the contract.

The hired help, then  Faulkner and McLeish, would have done that.

I don't think that 'Lerner' put him on the contract.

The hired help, then Faulkner and McLeish, would have done that.

Yeah I understand not liking Lerner, but ripping him for a player acquisition done by the manager is crazy.

He was really bad during 2011/12. It's only because he's been out of the team so long people are thinking he wasn't actually that horrid.

People can say it was McLeish but remember he was the manager under who Hutton probably played the best football of his career, for Scotland in 2007 which got him the move to Spurs. If he can't play well under his mentor then I'd say he wasn't capable of a dramatic improvement.

Thats exactly what i hate, because were currently awful you see loads saying oh he wasn't that bad and "throw him back in", those people should ask themselves why nobody has wanted to buy him for 2 years and no its not just his wages.

I thought the resident VT 'ITK' said he was off? Well no he didn't he conveniently didn't say that, just heavily hinted to cover his back. Something all bull shit rumour spreaders do...

The window's not shut yet, clever dick

I never understood the bile directed at players like Hutton and Bannan, etc. Hutton seems like a nice guy, and Bannan has only said good things about Villa. They didn't perform well. In Hutton's case he was played as a winger, FFS.

I wish him the best.

Hutton is an example of a manager signing a player that he knows, and presumably thinks that he can rely on. Our present manager is exercising something of the same with the signing of Holt, and the pursuit of Hoolahan.

Clearly Lambert has a problem with Hutton that preceded his (Lambert's) arrival at VP, because the 'bomb squad' existed before Lambert had even pulled on to the car park, and it had Hutton as its only resident. Perhaps it is a Celtic-Rangers thing on Lambert's part.

Hopefully, as the remainder of his contract shortens further, his departure will be hastened.

Â