Alan Hutton

Rich_D

You could argue if he didn't handball on the line at the Baggies we would of gone down ;)

You could also argue that given saved us in that game by saving a shot that could have been over the line with the hawk eye technology.

• 1 month later...

Through gritted teeth I have to admire the fact that he again played well for Scotland in a hugely impressive win over Croatia.

Regardless of what people may think of him, he obviously is professional enough to keep himself at peak fitness and not resort to bitching about Villa to the press.

• Like 1

He's not wanted by Villa because he was consistently awful

He's not wanted by anybody else because of his unrealistic wage expectations. 

Hutton needs to take a hard look at himself before bitching about the way he's been treated. 

• Like 1

Yeah. Sorry Alan, the way I read this is "a few teams wanted me in La Liga, unfortunately they would only pay about 5% of my salary, but Villa were being so stubborn and wouldn't let me move." Sorry but if youre going to get paid upwards of 40k a week and complain about it, go do one. You always have the option to terminate your contract and you're free to move elsewhere. 

Edited by LockStockVilla

Maybe he has already offered to terminate his contract but we didn't want to pay it in full? 

It is a strange way to treat players when due to a possible injury crisis you might have to bring them back into the team.

Edited by Morpheus

Maybe he has already offered to terminate his contract but we didn't want to pay it in full? 

It is a strange way to treat players when due to a possible injury crisis you might have to bring them back into the team.

Hutton isn't in our 25 man squad whereas Given and N'Zogbia are, he will never play for us again whereas those 2 have a small chance (maybe a higher one in N'Zogbia's case).

Oh well of course we probably won't pay to terminate the contract. It's got nearly two years yet to run on it. But if he is so confident other teams want him and is keen to play, than he has every right to mutually terminate the contract. If not, he can keep it shut like Beye did and collect his wages that he obviously doesn't want to part with. 

There would have to be one hell of an injury crisis to bring him back, we are talking plague proportions!

I'm sorry, but I never buy this 'poor footballer' stuff. Like said above, if he's that desperate to play regular football then cancel your contract. If I'm honest, I'd rather the club did pay him off or at least make him an offer.

At the end of the day, it comes down to Hutton's reluctance to leave for nothing that is holding him back!

It is a strange way to treat players when due to a possible injury crisis you might have to bring them back into the team.

Why should we pay it in full if we don't have to?

This seems like just another opportunity for you to criticise again.....

Yeah. Sorry Alan, the way I read this is "a few teams wanted me in La Liga, unfortunately they would only pay about 5% of my salary, but Villa were being so stubborn and wouldn't let me move." Sorry but if youre going to get paid upwards of 40k a week and complain about it, go do one. You always have the option to terminate your contract and you're free to move elsewhere. 

This seems odd. Hutton is being paid what Villa agreed to offer him when he joined. It's not a crime to accept the money your employer is prepared to pay you and there doesn't seem any obvious reason why he should terminate his contract just to get a move. 

The problem is one created by Villa, not Hutton, and the only logic to be extracted from your post is that it would make more sense for the club to get 5% of his wages back than have to pay them all themselves. How can it possibly be to Villa's advantage to keep Hutton on the sidelines, pay him £40k a week for doing nothing, and refuse to help him find a loan?

This seems odd. Hutton is being paid what Villa agreed to offer him when he joined. It's not a crime to accept the money your employer is prepared to pay you and there doesn't seem any obvious reason why he should terminate his contract just to get a move. 

The problem is one created by Villa, not Hutton, and the only logic to be extracted from your post is that it would make more sense for the club to get 5% of his wages back than have to pay them all themselves. How can it possibly be to Villa's advantage to keep Hutton on the sidelines, pay him £40k a week for doing nothing, and refuse to help him find a loan?

If Hutton wants to play football again he will have to take a pay cut to do so. It seems he is happier to take his full wage and train on his own rather than take a pay cut and get his career moving again. 

I would hope we haven't because to do so would be utter stupidity. 

If Hutton wants to play football again he will have to take a pay cut to do so. It seems he is happier to take his full wage and train on his own rather than take a pay cut and get his career moving again. 

Exactly what London said. The point I am making here briny is not that Hutton is doing anything wrong at all, because Villa gave him that contract. But if he wants to mouth off about the club/Lambert/his treatment, he has every right to void his contract and leave, the ball is in his court there. But it's obvious he isn't willing to take that cut in pay, fair play to him, and so he should shut up and collect his wages. 

It is a strange way to treat players when due to a possible injury crisis you might have to bring them back into the team.

Why should we pay it in full if we don't have to?

This seems like just another opportunity for you to criticise again.....

No mate it isn't.

Since we're still paying them i just thought we might keep our options open.

But i'm sure something will happen in January with Hutton especially with his performances for Scotland. Redknapp perhaps?

Exactly what London said. The point I am making here briny is not that Hutton is doing anything wrong at all, because Villa gave him that contract. But if he wants to mouth off about the club/Lambert/his treatment, he has every right to void his contract and leave, the ball is in his court there. But it's obvious he isn't willing to take that cut in pay, fair play to him, and so he should shut up and collect his wages. 

I'm not sure anyone's thinking very straight here. The position that  Villa have created means that  Hutton can both take the money Villa are paying him for doing nothing AND complain about it. There is absolutely no penalty Villa can apply. Hutton may have a "right" to void his contract but why would he want to do that?

Maybe the lesson for the club is to put gagging clauses in future contracts, requiring that, when players are made to train with the reserves theyo keep quiet in order to continue to receive their pay. have t

Â