Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1bo98838hs

That is outstanding, and why I love cats.

The slightest toss, they could not give.

Don't entirely agree - it depends on the cat.

With the ones we've had, the reaction tends to vary depending on how long you stay away.

If it's a weekend - they get downright grumpy. They seem really cross with you for leaving them, and get all stand-offish.

If it's more than a couple of weeks, you sense that they WANT to do that, but are so pleased to see you, they can't resist being all affectionate. i.e. like a dog, and not at all like the example in the video.

My missus tells me that our current one can recognise the sound of my car as it comes down the side road, and heads for the door to wait for me.

EDIT: The nicest example of that I had though was with a cat belonging to some friends of mine. When I visited them, she used to spot me right at the top of the road, and run up to greet me, and then follow me back to their house, hopping along the garden walls.

When they left and moved to London I didn't see them for over a year.  I went down to see them, and they gave me a key to let myself in. The cat was in the flat, and initially panicked and ran to hide. But then she peeped, out, realised it was me, and jumped up onto my shoulder purring crazily. Really nice welcome.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1bo98838hs

That is outstanding, and why I love cats.

The slightest toss, they could not give.

Don't entirely agree - it depends on the cat.

With the ones we've had, the reaction tends to vary depending on how long you stay away.

If it's a weekend - they get downright grumpy. They seem really cross with you for leaving them, and get all stand-offish.

If it's more than a couple of weeks, you sense that they WANT to do that, but are so pleased to see you, they can't resist being all affectionate. i.e. like a dog, and not at all like the example in the video.

My missus tells me that our current one can recognise the sound of my car as it comes down the side road, and heads for the door to wait for me.

Yeah you are right in fairness, I just liked the video as it raised a solid chuckle.

Likewise, my missus tells me that my cat hops up into the window to look out for me when he hears my car coming into the courtyard.

My cats get into a 'mood' if we go away for more than a day. Goodness knows how they're going to be when I return from my 12 week jaunt around Asia next year.

17 or 18. He had a long and happy life, so what more can you do? So many animals are abused and neglected, but Winston had it made. I only wish he didn't suffer so much this past few days, but I can't dwell on that. He's off to the great big tunafish platter in the sky  :)

Maqroll you did the right thing and if he could thank you now he would.

I know what its like and its gut wrenching but its only a suggestion here mate. It really helps if you get another quickly and you would give it a great home.

• Like 1

17 or 18. He had a long and happy life, so what more can you do? So many animals are abused and neglected, but Winston had it made. I only wish he didn't suffer so much this past few days, but I can't dwell on that. He's off to the great big tunafish platter in the sky  :)

Maqroll you did the right thing and if he could thank you now he would.

I know what its like and its gut wrenching but its only a suggestion here mate. It really helps if you get another quickly and you would give it a great home.

I concur. My girlfriend's cat, also called Tigger incidentally, was run over in front of us about a year and a half ago and, as his brother was pining for him, we decided to get a kitten to keep him company a few weeks later. It was a great decision, those two cats are now best friends and are both great pets. I feel for you though, it is awful to lose a pet. My parents' cat, Shadow, who was my cat as well really, given that I never managed to entirely move out until about a year ago, had to be put down about the same time as Tigger was killed and that really cut me up. He suffered a lot. He was only 11 or 12 but had a stomach tumour. 

To complete my character profile as a crazy cat person, we have since added a third cat to our menagerie!

• Like 3

Moving in to my new flat at the end of the month, the most exciting part of which is the purchase of a cat. I look up local cats for sale/freebies on gumtree often, although I am unable to commit to buying any until I'm settled myself, of course. Which is a shame, cos there are some right darlings on there. Anyone have any experience with pedigree cats? Can't believe the prices, and I've been told that they can have expensive health problems too - but it's the look and temperment you pay for, I guess.

There are some white female kittens for sale at the mo, £35. The description reads, verbatim;

Hello! i have 3 female kitten for sale. Kitten so realy sweet and looking new house for funny. She have 8 weeks, themselves eat and use litter box

Looking for new house for funny! Perfect, I could do that. Eat and use litter box, even better! You'd save loads on food!

• Like 2

When I got married my wife had a cat and I used to think that cats are using valuable air that we could be breathing.I had 2 dogs " wire haired terriers".After bieng around the wife`s cat and learning how cat`s operate I never replaced the dogs when they went.We ended up with 2 cats and have had at least 1 cat ever since.I love them to bits, in fact I find that cats are better than most people.When we bought our present house we moved in with 2 cats and the neighbour had 1 dog, our cats used to go next door and suffice to say that now she has no dog BUT she does have 4 cats. 

Point made.

My avatr is "Chloe" our cat, age 16

Edited by PussEKatt
  • Like 1

My cats are very dog like.

I do various contracts at various times. For one I leave at about 5.20am. Both cats follow me down the garden, and sit on the fence watching me drive away,

They know when I'll be back too as they wait inside the garden gate, come for a fuss, then roll over for a belly rub.

And I don't have to clean up their shit

Â