Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

Some good Cats on display here.

I have 2 cats, a brother and a sister, and unfortunately the brother keeps chasing the sister away. She has now become somewhat of a roaming cat. Not sure what, if anything can be done about this.

Setting>roaming.toggle off? 

• Like 1

I have 2 cats, a brother and a sister, and unfortunately the brother keeps chasing the sister away. She has now become somewhat of a roaming cat. Not sure what, if anything can be done about this.

Setting>roaming.toggle off? 

Ooh, I must try that.

I was going to go for the factory reset button, but it was inaccessible to my man size fingers.

Ours were brother and sister, but they were devoted. When Ella got run over, Louis was devastated. Sat by the cat flap waiting for her for weeks. Really sad. :(

They used to be devoted, then the male one went all Rambo, despite being castrated. Sad to hear about your cat though, you do become very attached to them over time.

Louis couldn't be Rambo if he tried. Ella was Rambette. She used to catch at least one or two mice a day for years, and he just stood around watching in shock and amazement.

About a year after she died he finally caught his first mouse, he was dead proud. He's got maybe another three since then, but it's very half-hearted. The nice thing is that he doesn't kill birds. I've actually seen him rummaging in the shrubbery looking for mice, with a blackbird right next to him looking for worms in the lawn. I swear they were comparing notes.

Mine seems to be in full on hunter mode at the moment. Woke up the other morning, went into the kitchen (barefoot) and stepped on a lovely little pile of what I assume were bird guts. I say I assume as there was a severed beak next to them.

To look at her you wouldn't think she was capable, the docile little bugger. She is great though.

Ours were brother and sister, but they were devoted. When Ella got run over, Louis was devastated. Sat by the cat flap waiting for her for weeks. Really sad. :(

They used to be devoted, then the male one went all Rambo, despite being castrated. Sad to hear about your cat though, you do become very attached to them over time.

Louis couldn't be Rambo if he tried. Ella was Rambette. She used to catch at least one or two mice a day for years, and he just stood around watching in shock and amazement.

About a year after she died he finally caught his first mouse, he was dead proud. He's got maybe another three since then, but it's very half-hearted. The nice thing is that he doesn't kill birds. I've actually seen him rummaging in the shrubbery looking for mice, with a blackbird right next to him looking for worms in the lawn. I swear they were comparing notes.

See, the strange thing is that I could write the exact same thing about my cats. It's eerily familiar, infact. The female cat is easily the more tenacious hunter, the male cat would be troubled to catch anything, even if he was actually bothered to do so. The female cat catches birds & mice with ease, and does so regularly and much like your cat, my male cat doesn't seem at all interested.

However, there is a big disparity between the sizes of the two of them. Most people assume that the female one is a Kitten, when infact she's about 6 years old now. So when it comes to tussles between the two of them then, unfortunately, there's only one winner.

We used to have a female cat that would clinically - nay, surgically - remove the heart and lungs from a mouse, and leave them neatly on the stairs, the rest of the cadaver long gone. Sheer precision.

See, the strange thing is that I could write the exact same thing about my cats. It's eerily familiar, infact. The female cat is easily the more tenacious hunter, the male cat would be troubled to catch anything, even if he was actually bothered to do so. The female cat catches birds & mice with ease, and does so regularly and much like your cat, my male cat doesn't seem at all interested.

However, there is a big disparity between the sizes of the two of them. Most people assume that the female one is a Kitten, when infact she's about 6 years old now. So when it comes to tussles between the two of them then, unfortunately, there's only one winner.

Ours were very similar. But although Louis had size and strength on his side, if he got out of order Ella seemed to be able to able to put him in his place with a slap and a hard glare. They were great to watch. 

Wouldn't get another though, as he hates all other cats.

Did she present the heart to you, still beating?

Because that would be cool.

No. I was half expecting that, I must admit.

That cat simply disappeared one day. Maybe the mice hired a contract killer. :(

• Like 1

I think I need to teach my little one to man-up a bit. She runs off as soon as the other one looks at her, which, in turn, provokes him to pursue her out of the garden.

Bloody Cats.

Â