Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

My buddy of 17 years, Winston the cat is on his last legs  :(

It's very sad to see him progressively deteriorate...he was once an eating champion, now for the last few days, he hardly goes near his food bowl. He doesn't greet me at the door anymore because he's so hobbled.

So I'm preparing myself for the inevitable. If it gets to the point where he can't walk in a straight line or is just not getting up, I'll have him put down. No sense having him suffer.

You don't realize how attached you've become to the little critters until they are close to death. Sad days ahead.

A "like" would be open to misinterpretation, so

:(

• Like 1

I love my cat. Im 21 and she's 18 so i've kinda grown up with her. I've always been her favourite as whenever we got another pet i always paid special attention to her to make sure she didn't feel left out. She has been a truly excellent pet and friend.

Sadly she is also on her way out. she is deaf, dropped form 4kg to 2kg, has dementia and has a bad heart and deteriorating body in general. We've come to accept that it is just old age taking it course and we're lucky to of had 18 years but it is horrible to see her fade away. Whilst she is still comfortable and enjoying life we will keep doing all we can for her but when it is clear that she is in pain or struggling I think it is only fair to put her down in peace instead of watching her suffer.

With regards to the poll cats are great if you put in the effort, like most things in life. They are great family pets and perhaps a 'safer' option for a young family with children. 

• Like 2

As with dogs, I greatly prefer 'mongrels' to pedigree cats. The purebreds look weird, the moggies seem like 'proper' cats to me. 

We always get rescues from the RSPCA. 

Siamese cats always kind of irked me. Dunno why, really. That Persian looks cool though.

Yeah mate before we got the Siamese my fiancee wasn't at all keen due to the appearance.

In my early teens i was an avid Blue Peter watcher and always admired the cats they had on the show at that time which were Siamese. So in my later years when i had to get my previous cat (moggie) put down after being with her for twenty years even though broken hearted with grief i decided to fulfil a childhood dream and get a Siamese.

People sometimes think that pedigree cats have to be treated differently than moggies. They might need their annual injections being more susceptible to virus or disease and even that not exactly true. My vet has told me that if he had his way all pedigree cats would be allowed outside more to make them more hardened against disease. My Siamese and Persian are no different to my previous moggies in anything really and your paying your £350-£500 for the look rather than a better personality.

Just terrific companions and very, very intelligent. 

Some good Cats on display here.

I have 2 cats, a brother and a sister, and unfortunately the brother keeps chasing the sister away. She has now become somewhat of a roaming cat. Not sure what, if anything can be done about this.

I have 2 cats, a brother and a sister, and unfortunately the brother keeps chasing the sister away. She has now become somewhat of a roaming cat. Not sure what, if anything can be done about this.

Ours were brother and sister, but they were devoted. When Ella got run over, Louis was devastated. Sat by the cat flap waiting for her for weeks. Really sad. :(

Ours were brother and sister, but they were devoted. When Ella got run over, Louis was devastated. Sat by the cat flap waiting for her for weeks. Really sad. :(

They used to be devoted, then the male one went all Rambo, despite being castrated. Sad to hear about your cat though, you do become very attached to them over time.

• Like 1

Â