Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Silly post, Baker seems to pick up something every 3-4 games, Okore has picked up a serious injury from a collision, that's just plain unlucky.

Okore has been injured twice since being here.

Very true whereas Baker has been fit twice since being with the club.

I really like Baker but still worry he gets out-jumped sometimes. I also think this is something that will change as he matures though. :)

He either jumps with a player and smashes heads, or doesn't get into the air quick enough :P

Nahhhhh, when Okore's back we'll have 4 centre defenders to chose from. Let Baker go flying into challenges to scare the opposition. If he knocks himself out, we'll bring someone else on ;)

• Like 1

Think what doesn't help is the zonal marking we have in place. We need to pick up men, I think this may have been introduced by Scott Marshall, but yesterday showed players just show a bit of movement and score two goals.

not sure but did we zonal mark last season? maybe im wrong but wasnt that 1st goal we conceded from a corner this season so defence isnt as shaky on set-pieces

he'll put his head anywhere regardless!!!!!

Yeah especially in a dodgy barber's chair.

Going back to the zonal thing though. Why the hell are we not standing at the posts? It's such a dangerous thing to do.

Think what doesn't help is the zonal marking we have in place. We need to pick up men, I think this may have been introduced by Scott Marshall, but yesterday showed players just show a bit of movement and score two goals.

not sure but did we zonal mark last season? maybe im wrong but wasnt that 1st goal we conceded from a corner this season so defence isnt as shaky on set-pieces

Possibly but it seems City did more with it as they never actually put anyone in the 6 yard box, as Friedel says, for Zonal to work you actually need players to attack the ball apart from Baker the others don't really attack it. Last season I remember we did have players on post.

he'll put his head anywhere regardless!!!!!

Yeah especially in a dodgy barber's chair.

Going back to the zonal thing though. Why the hell are we not standing at the posts? It's such a dangerous thing to do.

Yeah the whole no defenders on the post perplexed me a bit. There were three CBs out there plus Kozak, which is a lot of height. Surely they could throw someone like Bacuna and Delph in at the posts?

Â