Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Simple things are often under-appreciated. That's why I think there is a divide in opinion about him imo.

I think he's going to be a crucial part of our team, and if he imposes himself a bit more physically he will be a very good player for us. Also I think a times he thinks too quick for our other players, but with time it should improve. Reminds me a bit of Angel who was always making the right moves but our midfield wasn't on his wavelength. Then we got the right players around him and he had a fantastic season.

Nothing from JM to suggest he stepped up a gear from last season.

He is not magically going to become better during the close season!

This is the point of pre-season, which has only just started.

I like him. So many simple but very good passes he makes possibly go un-noticed. One touch, through the opposition midfield allowed our players to pick up the ball in dangerous areas in between the lines. They are simple 5-10 yard passes but rarely do we see them because a lot of our other midfielders are too slow in their play and the gaps are quickly closed off by the opposition.

I believe he brings a lot to the team. The only thing he can work in as when that ball isn't on, then to hold it up, protect the ball and keep it, where as at the moment, he just prods it forward at times when under pressure not really into anyone in particular. Petrov does this very well when he has little option and just wins a free-kick or keeps it.

Add that to his game and the fact he can open up the play and get the ball into key areas. He'll be brilliant.

Very good today.

Take it you missed the game on tv

Mature response.

He played well today. I think a section of our fans are determined to write him off, as with so many players in the past, and I hope he can prove them wrong.

Makoun is the man. Hopefully he is going to be class this season, I think it's along time since we've had a midfielder thats so comfortable with one touch passing. Problem is are other midfielders aren't quick enough or are potentially as capable as him. So if we buy Xavi, Villa and Messi we should be alright for the season...

He did okay. I don't get how people can say he played really well. He made a few really bad passes that caused counters and he didn't really help out the attack much. He didn't do much but he wasn't messing up the midfield.

He did okay. I don't get how people can say he played really well. He made a few really bad passes that caused counters and he didn't really help out the attack much. He didn't do much but he wasn't messing up the midfield.

he's never going to hit 100% of his passes, people say he played really well because he played a LOT of great first touch football to buy time and space for people around him.

he's never going to hit 100% of his passes, people say he played really well because he played a LOT of great first touch football to buy time and space for people around him.

I don't expect him to have all perfect passes but Makoun put some players in some really bad positions with his passing. Yes his first touch was great but he did not help the attack much at all. I expect a little more from him.

Did ok, but started to tire during the last part of the 1st half, but he was not alone in that!

Once Petrov's legs went again during the second half, Makoun was forced to be more defensive to cover Stan, and we then missed his passing. We really need to get someone in whom can just sit there, and let people like Makoun to concentrate on the part of the game they are good at.

It was pretty humid oput there, so not knocking anyone, but its been obvious for a while now, that Petrov tires fairly quickly.

Did ok, but started to tire during the last part of the 1st half, but he was not alone in that!

Once Petrov's legs went again during the second half, Makoun was forced to be more defensive to cover Stan, and we then missed his passing. We really need to get someone in whom can just sit there, and let people like Makoun to concentrate on the part of the game they are good at.

It was pretty humid oput there, so not knocking anyone, but its been obvious for a while now, that Petrov tires fairly quickly.

Hmm. So Makoun tired in the first half and Petrov tired in the second half but you're saying it's Petrov who tires early? :confused:

Â