Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

That one touch play will come in very handy if we still want to try and keep the ball. Bodes well for our style of play if he gets a lot of games with Ireland. We just need make sure we can pick holes going forward instead of passing it sideways to each other.

Never have understood the tendency to praise this guy way beyond what anything he has done on the pitch so far can justify.

He played well against Walsall? Great. It would have been pretty poor if he hadn't.

Let's wait and see how things look once he has a few Premier League matches under his belt.

I hope he does well because we paid quite a lot of money for him and we clearly aren't going to spend much more on strengthening the midfield.

But we can't judge his performances yet.

Just watching Walsall game ....nickname should be 'one touch'. Now I remember why he caught my eye so much.

Indeed. His reading of the play ahead of him is absolutely outstanding from what little I've seen. His passing whilst occasionally hit and miss has real potential.

He has struggled with the pace of the game early on, but having a stop start beginning can't have helped. He's not the midfield enforcer some were expecting that's for sure. He's like a poor mans Scholes, or a rich mans Petrov.

To write him off after 7 games with the club is ridiculous frankly. Especially when one of those games included THAT performance up in Manchester.

Â