Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I dont know about him still. I cant seem to make up my mind where to play him?? At Lyon he sat infront of the back four like Makelele used to

I didn't really care if we lost as it was a friendly but I started enjoying the match when he came on. Makoun and Bannan both looked to receive the ball, get close to each other and pass it round their midfield. Even if it doesn't work out, I still prefer it to hoofing it long and surrendering possession.

Hes excellent.. hes confident and when hes on theres less panic..they feed him rather than hoofing. He presses well.. even if he doesnt tackle like reo coker.. he closes down players brilliantly.. once he gets his fitness to Premier League standard he will be outstanding. Just need a rock next to him.

I think people are finally starting to realize what Makoun brings to the table after today. He's a very effective, tidy player. His good work gets unnoticed, but hopefully AM sees that he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

he is superb, a really natural footballer who we're lucky to have imo

:lol:

I rate him but lucky to have him is ott.

I think we are lucky to have him. He is easily good enough for a Champions League team.

agreed, he's a top player imo, he just needs a run of games

IF AM could change our mentality to attack more than J2M would be great sitting in front of the back 4, however as it stands we invite far too much pressure onto ourselves for this to work.

I think we are lucky to have him. He is easily good enough for a Champions League team.

Seeing as he has actually played for a Champions League team I'd be inclined to agree!

I actually agree- I think he is our best midfielder and just needed last season to adapt to the English game. We were noticably better when Makoun, Bannan and Gardner were on the field today.

it would probaly help if he was not lumbered with delph stan and ireland for company

He brings a touch of (much needed) class to proceedings. Houllier picked him up for less than 5 million too. We ARE lucky to have him. How many of our other players have played in the Champions League?

In 432 posts you are still to write one with 100% accuracy.

He brings a touch of (much needed) class to proceedings. Houllier picked him up for less than 5 million too. We ARE lucky to have him. How many of our other players have played in the Champions League?

Cuellar

Heskey

Petrov

Given

McLeish managed in it

Carew (recently released)

Makoun of course.

Whilst him being a streak of piss isn't going to help him hold players off its also about attitude.

Sid Cowans the best player I have seen in a Villa shirt in my 30 odd years following us also looked like a oood wind would blow him over but he was as tough as they came. Lets hope Sid can help him develop a similar attitude.

I agree, Sid and Alex Cropley were the two best midfielders I've ever seen in the flesh. Unfortunately, despite his legendary status, I've yet to see him pass his gifts on to another Villa midfielder. When I see one spraying 40 yard passes around, with virtually no backlift, landing on a sixpence at the feet of a team-mate I'll get another shirt with "Cowans" on the back.

Maybe young Gardner is the Karate Kid to his Mr Miyagi?

Given

Heskey

Warnock

Petrov

Beye

Â