Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

you must be one of the guys that also groans if the ball goes backwards 5 yards,
Actually, I'm one of those even more annoying guys who groans when we lose and isn't happy unless we win. Still more irritatingly, I regard someone who picks up 3 yellows and one red card in seven performances as a bit of a liablity.

However, I have no wish to spoil the enjoyment of people who go to football solely to watch people passing the ball regardless of the outcome.

you must be one of the guys that also groans if the ball goes backwards 5 yards,
Actually, I'm one of those even more annoying guys who groans when we lose and isn't happy unless we win. Still more irritatingly, I regard someone who picks up 3 yellows and one red card in seven performances as a bit of a liablity.

However, I have no wish to spoil the enjoyment of people who go to football solely to watch people passing the ball regardless of the outcome.

Geez, just give him a chance.. Hes barely played.. Of course he has to adjust to the pace of the Premier League and learn the language. He played 7 Games and in a time where we were playing pretty poorly with a team that had no fighting spirit.. its not enough to pass judgement. A good pre season and about 10 more games with peak fitness and he will be one of our best players.

Its an odd outlook to have that if a team loses then no players could of played well or that the performance of individual players should be ignored or overlooked as it counts for nothing.

Whilst Makouns performances have not been consistent he played very well at OT and equal to any midfield performance any Villa player put in last season.

Whilst he hasnt joined from South America he has still come from a different Country and a different type of football and joined a struggling club mid season with little English knowledge. I would say a period of settling in would be acceptable and perhaps this was refleced in some of his performances.

What I can say is we have few players who can play one touch passes like he can, Makoun will help our football and hopefully others will start to mirror his passing and the fluidity of our football will increase and that can only be a good thing.

85 out of 94 is also pretty much bang on 90%.
True! :oops:

It's always dangerous to do mental arithmetic on a Friday night (hic).

However, it could have been 100% and been futile if we had still lost the match.

I dont understand this, so because we lost it makes his performance void? Thats basically what your saying or what I think your saying, so by the same token because west ham went down scott parkers performance last season was crap and pointless? Strange thinking if you ask me. Why is it so hard for people to just accept he played well, he has quality and hopefully he will prove the doubters wrong this season

Comparing Scott Parker's contribution to West Ham last season with Makoun's to Villa is a bit of a joke isn't it?

It's quite clear to see that I wasnt doing that, I wasnt comparing contribution throughout a whole season but yet again someone on VT makes something up to suit their own argument. Anyway Im sure you realise your in the minority on this one so I'll just let Jean Makoun prove you wrong.

Briny, The danger is here, both types of viewer have a point.

I love to watch a bit of football played ( i.e pass and movement) but not to the point we draw or lose every game.....good football has to have an end product.

equally, smash and grab football does my head in.....i do like the wins, but the spectacle is tedious and depressing.To watch your team for 90 minutes get " out pointed" and then go on and win, leaves a real mixed feeling for me.

I guess being a Rocky Marciano fan was much the same feeling.

I just don't think he's cut out for the Premier League. He's got a good pass on him, but no pace and he certainly isn't the box to box player we were led to believe he was.

I just don't think he's cut out for the Premier League. He's got a good pass on him, but no pace and he certainly isn't the box to box player we were led to believe he was.

Some folk think passing is the be all and end all.... but in fact passing in isolation of anything else is very dubious.....as important as it is.

ps jury still out for me.

He didn't have 3 injuries here smetrov? He missed some games because his family were in a car crash, thats nothing to do with him.

He was injured when he arrived - this was blamed for his poor performance in his first game. He was declared fit for the last 2 games after another injury - but then was allowed home for personal reasons. Pretty sure there was another inbetween. Or maybe that was suspension or the bloke who paid £5m for him ....just didn't pick him (nuff said !)

Anyway thats in the past - if stays fit - and plays a major role in our midfield - no one will be happier than me .....Just don't see it though

I think he may have a decent turn of pace on him actually, but who was it that led you to believe he was a box to box mf player anyway?

Although only a friendly, i was mightily impressed with him again.

He always has space to receive and pass the Ball, and does it with little effort. What we now need to do as a club, is find him a Midfield minder, that will allow him to do it regularly in the Premier.

A young Scott Parker type of player.

Im sure the manager see this, and im sure he has told the club this. I think its proberly the most important bit of business we have to do, in the remainder of the window.

A young Scott Parker type of player.

Makoun is 28. Parker 30

I would have Parker now.

But when i said "young", i was thinking along the lines of somebody whom we might be able to make a profit on, once Randy decides he needs a new engine for his jet, or a new bathroom on his yacht :lol:

He didn't have 3 injuries here smetrov? He missed some games because his family were in a car crash, thats nothing to do with him.

He was injured when he arrived - this was blamed for his poor performance in his first game. He was declared fit for the last 2 games after another injury - but then was allowed home for personal reasons. Pretty sure there was another inbetween. Or maybe that was suspension or the bloke who paid £5m for him ....just didn't pick him (nuff said !)

Anyway thats in the past - if stays fit - and plays a major role in our midfield - no one will be happier than me .....Just don't see it though

Timeline:-

We signed him.

We had to wait a week to get international clearance.

He then play Wigan, got a knock but played on.

He then played the next three games but was sent off.

He then missed three games due to suspension including a cup game.

Came back and started again for three games.

Was then finally dropped for a game v West Ham and Stoke.

Then he had his family issues and missed the rest of the games.

So he didn't get injured. He was out due to suspension, family car crash and being dropped for two games.

One of the 1st games i saw Makoun play, the ball was passed to him, and 2 players came to close him down.His 1st touch took the ball between the 2 players and he was away.I thought "we have a player here", and in every game since, in which he has played, he has done 2 or 3 things that no other Villa midfielder seems to be able to do atm.

For me, him , a Parker kind of player , and Delph/Ireland would be a very good midfield.

[\quote]Its so bloody frustrating though. We can all see it, yet we seem to be not wanting to do it!!!!

Thats why, deep down, i think we will, because this will be the difference between struggling and challenging for a top six place, and its differing prize money, and future sponsorship...

Randy must realise this, surely?

I don't think that we're able to comment on that situation fully until the transfer window shuts.

We have cut back on wages yes, because as everyone could see, it was a major issue and Randy was right to do it for the good of the club. As for investing it back into the playing squad, that remains to be seen.

Â