Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Like him.

If he's up to speed with the pace of the Premiership and able to communicate better, then we could have quite a player on our hands... to sell to the Top 4 for a big profit next summer.

Whats going on then Delphinho? You seem to have gone very quiet with your information? Any news on Nzogbia.

Have not heard anything last 2/3 days unfortunately. The latest on the N'Zogbia was that we were still in poll position to sign him.

Villa had been talking to N'Zogbia before they sold Downing and everything in terms of his contract had been sorted. When Downing went, we put in the bid which we were told by his agent and all concerned would be accepted....then....It wasnt.

For what reason I dont know, obv. they want more money. N'Zogbia wants to come to Villa, Wigan are dragging it out. When I hear more, I will let you know, but you will probably see CNZ holding a villa shirt by the time I have any more info! Still very confident its getting done, as I was before.

Very surprised we didnt get Foster. Ive been told that Villa wanted a keeper in before Pre-season which is understandable. Blues wanted ridiculous money for Foster. Villa got pissed off and went elsewhere as like ive said, they needed a keeper urgently. Im told Villa were prepared to pay around 3/4m for Foster but Blues wanted more.

Eventually though, he will go for round that figure I Believe.

Im still told we are in for Parker (I know, gone very quiet, 1 signing...etc) This is just the information im being given.

Apart from that, I know nothing. Sorry

Im told Villa were prepared to pay around 3/4m for Foster but Blues wanted more.

more evidence that the people running our club are barking mad if true ...

Im told Villa were prepared to pay around 3/4m for Foster but Blues wanted more.

more evidence that the people running our club are barking mad if true ...

how so? we wanted to pay a price considered to be fair for his sale. we were desperate for a keeper. Blues wouldnt deal with us except for ridiculous money. We went elsewhere and secured another keeper.

I get the impression that people are now looking to blame the board for everything. A bit of perspective please.

Very surprised we didnt get Foster. Ive been told that Villa wanted a keeper in before Pre-season which is understandable. Blues wanted ridiculous money for Foster. Villa got pissed off and went elsewhere as like ive said, they needed a keeper urgently. Im told Villa were prepared to pay around 3/4m for Foster but Blues wanted more.

I thought they paid twice that last for him?? I not surprised they wanted more??

Id have him over petrov any day, he does everything petrov does only better. The trouble is he doesnt really do anything petrov doesnt do either, so id like to see a NRC/Parker type player alongside him, i think that would be a nice balance.

Its like 4 lyon, he was always decent when playing alongside toulalan in midfield, but was bad when playing instead of him

Anyone else a little worried about a central midfield of Makoun/Delph/Ireland/Petrov (omit one) ?

Our backs, sadly, have not changed. If I recall correctly both Dunne and Collins were dire without a pair of defensive midfielders in front of them (Petrov and NRC). Since NRC has left, I don't see an out-and-out ball winner from our current midfielders though Petrov comes closest.

I fear another leaky defense this season.

Anyone else a little worried about a central midfield of Makoun/Delph/Ireland/Petrov (omit one) ?

Our backs, sadly, have not changed. If I recall correctly both Dunne and Collins were dire without a pair of defensive midfielders in front of them (Petrov and NRC). Since NRC has left, I don't see an out-and-out ball winner from our current midfielders though Petrov comes closest.

Dunne & Collins look very good under MON, who knew how to organise defenders. This was mostly with just Petrov as ball winner in front of them.

They looked piss poor under Houllier, who was clearly struggling to organise them, even to the point where there was clashes with the coaching staff about it. Houllier even remarking that he couldn't deal with the issues until the summer. This was mostly with Petrov AND NRC in font of them.

Now they're playing for McLeish, who does know how to organise defenders. On top of that, we've added Given, a better keeper than Friedel. I reckon the defence will be fine. And I think Petrov/Makoun is actually a pretty handy midfield pairing.

Been saying this since NRC was released!!!

If we are going to rely on Stan for a whole season then we are in deep do-do!!

Dunne & Collins look very good under MON, who knew how to organise defenders. This was mostly with just Petrov as ball winner in front of them.

They looked piss poor under Houllier, who was clearly struggling to organise them, even to the point where there was clashes with the coaching staff about it. Houllier even remarking that he couldn't deal with the issues until the summer. This was mostly with Petrov AND NRC in font of them.

Now they're playing for McLeish, who does know how to organise defenders. On top of that, we've added Given, a better keeper than Friedel. I reckon the defence will be fine. And I think Petrov/Makoun is actually a pretty handy midfield pairing.

MON did do a better defensive job - but he had Barry and then Milner partnering Petrov. The former would drop and cover and the latter was a box-to-box midfielder (I still remember some of his goal line clearances - an amazing engine he's got).

I hope you're right about McLeish, Duck, because we are going to need it.

Good post. I think McLeish will get the most out of or defense and Makoun will finally flourish in our midfield.

Well like quite a few other of our players he has really got to up his game from the inconsistancy he served up last year!!

Having joined in January from Ligue 1. I really think, amongst all the under-performing players last season, Makoun has the most plausible reasons for not reaching his own potential.

Â