Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He messes up at 31 minutes.. shock horror he makes one mistake.. Makoun out blah blah...

I agree with R.I.C.O he is mostly calm with the ball.. yes he makes a mistake why are you trying to say that one mistake is his usual self?

utter nonsense.. as I said before it was evident when he went off in both matches.. we could barely hold on to the ball and the passing was all messed up.

I wouldn't bother trying to reason, it's obvious he had an agenda ever since Jean Deux joined us. How about we list the minutes every time one of our other players misplaced a pass or missed a tackle and then use that as evidence of why they aren't cut out for the Premier League. Utter bollox.

I wouldn't bother trying to reason, it's obvious he had an agenda ever since Jean Deux joined us.
No, just an agenda against people who are overhyping this guy when he hasn't yet done anything to justify it.

BTW, anyone who can classify that tackle as a "mistake" has a funny definition of the word.

Oh dear, I've mistakenly hared about 20 yards across the pitch and launched myself in a lunatic tackle that lifted the other guy off his feet. :lol:

Oh dear, I've mistakenly hared about 20 yards across the pitch and launched myself in a lunatic tackle that lifted the other guy off his feet. :lol:

Remind me again, why haven't we replaced Nigel Reo-Coker? ;-)

I am not slating Makoun here, but his tackling does really worry me. He seems to launch himself into tackles and I was not surprised when he got sent off for the 2 footed tackle last season as I noticed at least 2 before it which I've seen players see red for.

However, I do think he's a quality, composed player who will be very useful for us. He just has to learn not to tackle with 2 feet, leave the ground, or charge in like a maniac. I've seen the french league and that league doesn't tolerate those tackles either, so I am not quite sure why he seems to have a habit of doing that.

No, just an agenda against people who are overhyping this guy when he hasn't yet done anything to justify it.

overhyping or simply not agreeing with you or you not agreeing with them? seems to be a fine line indeed.

It has to be said that Briney has a very valid point, what exactly has Makoun done so far? One good game against Man Utd, who play the sort of football he can be effective against, a team who sit off you in the centre of the park. Most PL teams aren't like that. The bloke who bought him even dropped him in favour of NRC.

It's fine to think he's going to be a good player for us, it's also fine to think he's showed diddly squat so far. One of those positions is based on evidence, the other is based on faith. Both positions are equally valid but what is disappointing is that people having an opinion are accused of having an agenda. If you look up the word agenda in the dictionary, it doesn't say "holds an opinion which is opposite to mine".

So far he's shown very little, in the future he may come good

overhyping or simply not agreeing with you or you not agreeing with them? seems to be a fine line indeed.

It has to be said that Briney has a very valid point, what exactly has Makoun done so far? One good game against Man Utd, who play the sort of football he can be effective against, a team who sit off you in the centre of the park. Most PL teams aren't like that. The bloke who bought him even dropped him in favour of NRC.

It's fine to think he's going to be a good player for us, it's also fine to think he's showed diddly squat so far. One of those positions is based on evidence, the other is based on faith. Both positions are equally valid but what is disappointing is that people having an opinion are accused of having an agenda. If you look up the word agenda in the dictionary, it doesn't say "holds an opinion which is opposite to mine".

He was dropped for one game, other then that he's had to wait for his work permit, been suspended or been away due to family issues.

The game he was dropped for was Newcastle IIRC as that was the only game he was on the bench.

He was dropped for one game, other then that he's had to wait for his work permit, been suspended or been away due to family issues.

The game he was dropped for was Newcastle IIRC as that was the only game he was on the bench.

Wrong, he actually played against Newcastle, he was taken off to stop him getting sent off in that game if you ask me, he'd lost it completely. NRC replaced him. He was then on the bench for both the West Ham and Stoke games.

Like I said, dropped.

I like Makoun, coming to the premier league isnt easy from any league in the world and a player should expect to take half a season to a season to fully get to grips with it. I think Makoun has done well during this period and Im expecting and hoping next season he'll improve again.

I like his style, typically a cool head but he does have a switch that flicks on occasions where he dives in, just like Scholes did (im not comparing the two on anything other that diving in from time to time).

I am looking forward to seeing him this season, I really think he'll go up a gear. His style would complement an attacking minded Ireland IMO, sure we'll see them pair together at some point this coming season.

I think it was more the picking out the 1 mistake at a set time in the match that annoyed people. He played well in the match and had 1 **** up, you can't putt him down on one mistake imo, everyone else made a mistake.

I think it was more the picking out the 1 mistake at a set time in the match that annoyed people. He played well in the match and had 1 **** up, you can't putt him down on one mistake imo, everyone else made a mistake.

Like Petrov trying fancy flicks resulting in giving the ball away and setting up a Blackburn attack.

Were these the same fancy flicks that saw Petrov go past a Blackburn defender and have a well struck but too centrally placed shot on goal?

for what its worth i think him and ireland could be fantastic for us this season. they are both creative and intelligent (at least in football terms) and could be a dream come true for bent and cnz. reading these boards i feel like im one of the only people who actually feel optimistic about this season. we have quality players in this squad (makoun being one of them) and some very talented young players itching for their chance! :flag:

I am not slating Makoun here, but his tackling does really worry me. He seems to launch himself into tackles and I was not surprised when he got sent off for the 2 footed tackle last season as I noticed at least 2 before it which I've seen players see red for.

However, I do think he's a quality, composed player who will be very useful for us. He just has to learn not to tackle with 2 feet, leave the ground, or charge in like a maniac. I've seen the french league and that league doesn't tolerate those tackles either, so I am not quite sure why he seems to have a habit of doing that.

this is pretty much how I feel about him. Can't help but think he is going to get carded every game he plays.

He should have been sent off against Everton at Goodison IMO, lunged in a good 3 or 4 times whilst on a yellow and got away with it. Needs to sort his tackling quickly.

Â