Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I thought Makoun was good against Man Utd too.

Not been very consistent, but it was his first season in a league he's not played in, without speaking the language, in an unexpected high pressure season.

I think he'll be a very good player, it just depends how well he can settle. The guy clearly has a touch of class about him, it's one thing Houllier is very good at.

I thought Makoun was good against Man Utd too.

Not been very consistent, but it was his first season in a league he's not played in, without speaking the language, in an unexpected high pressure season.

I think he'll be a very good player, it just depends how well he can settle. The guy clearly has a touch of class about him, it's one thing Houllier is very good at.

Agreed, and people who cant see that really are clueless imo

man utd

ooookaaay, must have missed that part of the game

The entire game.

103 passes. 90% completion rate. I'm paraphrasing, but I know I'm not far wrong.

It was actually 85 out of 94, so more like 80%. But that was a game we lost 1-3 so the point I've always made is that Man U were probably quite happy to let him run around passing the ball to his colleagues while they popped up every half hour and scored a goal. Whatever he did in the match, it didn't get us any points so I can't see why people rave about it so much. His other stats weren't so impressive: 8 tackles (3 successful); 1 interception; blocks 0; clearances 0. So not so great in a game we were losing.

The real test has yet to come for Jean II.

Briny they didn't let him do anything tha'ts just daft. He just played really well whats the problem with that, he plays for out club for gods sake is it so bad to think he might be good? Also 85 out of 94 is also pretty much bang on 90%.

He did play well against Manu. Equally he was very poor against wolves. - From what I gather he wasn't a regular for Lyon when we purchased him - maybe due to injuries - speaking of which picked 3 injuries making him unavailable for selection since he arrived in Jan.

I really wouldn't get to excited about this guy.

From what I gather he wasn't a regular for Lyon when we purchased him

at the time when we purchased him he was a regular hence the reluctance to sell him.

OK - I stand corrected. Has been injured, and definitley not a regular in his villa career so far.

at the time when we purchased him he was a regular hence the reluctance to sell him.

OK - I stand corrected. Has been injured, and definitley not a regular in his villa career so far.

Hard to decide yet imo.. he kept us ticking in the first half and it was evident when he went off in the 2nd half.. need to see how he does in the other matches to even come to a conclusion.

85 out of 94 is also pretty much bang on 90%.
True! :oops:

It's always dangerous to do mental arithmetic on a Friday night (hic).

However, it could have been 100% and been futile if we had still lost the match.

I dont understand this, so because we lost it makes his performance void? Thats basically what your saying or what I think your saying, so by the same token because west ham went down scott parkers performance last season was crap and pointless? Strange thinking if you ask me. Why is it so hard for people to just accept he played well, he has quality and hopefully he will prove the doubters wrong this season

His family was involved in a car accident, he was given our blessing to leave.

However, it could have been 100% and been futile if we had still lost the match.

I dont understand this, so because we lost it makes his performance void? Thats basically what your saying or what I think your saying, so by the same token because west ham went down scott parkers performance last season was crap and pointless? Strange thinking if you ask me. Why is it so hard for people to just accept he played well, he has quality and hopefully he will prove the doubters wrong this season

Comparing Scott Parker's contribution to West Ham last season with Makoun's to Villa is a bit of a joke isn't it?

So, unless the team win you're not allowed to judge a players individual performance?

Anyway, for my money it was the best central midfield performance of last season.

Briny, you may be right that Makoun hasn't really proved anything. But I think the majority of us have been pretty impressed by his passing, and mostly we're excited to see how he gets on this season. Not sure why you don't rate him, but I'm fairly sure you're in the minority on this. Making accurate, one touch passes from midfield is something we've been pretty crap at. Makoun can give us this. Maybe you think his tackling is dodgy. Well, IMO, if you watch his bookings from last season you can see that he won the ball nearly every time. He was wronged by refs who were trying to teach the new kid a lesson.

Makoun has great vision and is an immaculate passer of the ball most of the time, if you don't see that you must be one of the guys that also groans if the ball goes backwards 5 yards, who annoy the hell out of me.

Hopefully we'll have someone on Irelands wavelength this year.

Â