Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

i really want him to do well but i just aint seen enough from him to convince me,he plays short passes that really dont go anywhere,5 yard passes in the middle of the pitch aint gonna win us matches.

can give a few silly balls away too.

hope he can up his game this season.

Was discussing this while watching the game today. He is very much like Roy Keane in the way he gets the ball and moves it on fast and simple and keeps his side ticking over. He's very much un-like Roy Keane in the way that he's never going to drive forward with the ball or put in a great tackle. I think he's good but withholding my final judgement for now, wanna see him and Ireland in the same side first i think they could compliment each other well

Did ok, but started to tire during the last part of the 1st half, but he was not alone in that!

Once Petrov's legs went again during the second half, Makoun was forced to be more defensive to cover Stan, and we then missed his passing. We really need to get someone in whom can just sit there, and let people like Makoun to concentrate on the part of the game they are good at.

It was pretty humid oput there, so not knocking anyone, but its been obvious for a while now, that Petrov tires fairly quickly.

Hmm. So Makoun tired in the first half and Petrov tired in the second half but you're saying it's Petrov who tires early? :confused:

Sorry, i could of worded it better.

They all tired in that withering heat, on both sides. Petrov was shattered. But the facts of the game were there if you watched.

We played some really nice stuff, with Makoun at the centre of it. We really need him doing that all the time, and not having to help cover a tired Petrov or whomever. I guess he needs a minder :lol:

i really want him to do well but i just aint seen enough from him to convince me,he plays short passes that really dont go anywhere,5 yard passes in the middle of the pitch aint gonna win us matches.

You need players to do that though, it's fundamental football - keeping things ticking over and holding possession. Not every pass has to be fancy and not every pass has to slice the defence in two - it just doesn't work like that.

The amount of people that just don't get this, for me, is nuts.

You need players to do that though, it's fundamental football - keeping things ticking over and holding possession. Not every pass has to be fancy and not every pass has to slice the defence in two - it just doesn't work like that.

The amount of people that just don't get this, for me, is nuts.

It's how Barcelona have managed to dominate the world.

Now I'm not advocating we play like Barcelona. We patently don't have the playing staff to do so, though we're getting better. But accommodating one or two of those kind of players will do us no harm at all. If Ireland can find his feet, N'Zogbia does N'Zogbia and Albrighton can add a bit more consistency I think we have enough creativity in the first XI. Makoun can be the link man, our Xavi if you like and Petrov holding.

It's that last bit I'm not so keen on. Petrov holding. He's not got the legs for it any more. I hope McLeish sees this, if not onwards we role anyway. Where Delph fits in I'm not 100% sure yet, he's very similar to Makoun. Perhaps Clark could develop into the holding midfielder we crave? Again, question mark.

We're that one player short of mounting a challenge for the Evertons of this world. Yet again, so close but not close enough in my opinion. Going to be fun watching this team develop though.

Makoun is pretty much a "water-carrier" but every team needs one. He reminds me a little of Didier Deschamps in his prime; likes the simple pass, doesnt try anything too wild, just keeps cool and calm.

Makoun is pretty much a "water-carrier" but every team needs one. He reminds me a little of Didier Deschamps in his prime; likes the simple pass, doesnt try anything too wild, just keeps cool and calm.

That's a brilliant shout. I bow to your knowledge sir. Bravo :clap:

Stephen Ireland will thrive with Makoun..Because unlike Petrov,Makoun has an eye for a good early through ball to the attacking midfield players.It hasnt paid off too much as yet because the attacking mids havnt been top quality.. But I would also like to see him spread the ball to wide areas, maybe when N'Zogbia joins us he may build up a connection, both being French speakers an all.

However over-all he is a good little player in the middle, always moving and looking for the ball, then makes decent passing from the midfield. Just needs better players around him moving/looking for space etc.

I'm a fan, must admit I was disappointed with a couple of the balls he gave away today but I feel the heat, as well as perhaps a bit of rustiness affected them all today. I feel once we have Nzogbia in etc and the team are truly gelled we'll be fine. As stated by most though i feel we blatantly need a big destroyer in the middle and another winger/am.

Some nice interchanges between him and Bannan. I think they both realise like a lot of us that if you pass to Petrov he will pass it back to Dunne or Collins and we have to build from the back again or it will get hoofed.

I'm definitely a fan but based on last night I think he just needs to be a bit busier in terms of running into space. I think having a link man like Ireland in front of him will make a big difference, to encourage a bit more forward movement with the ball.

doesnt try anything too wild, just keeps cool and calm.
If you happen to have the match saved on Sky+ or can find it anywhere else, go & look at him at 31 minutes.

Anything but cool and calm and this tendency to launch kamikaze tackles seems still to be a problem which he will have to sort out if he wants to be even moderately successful in the Prem.

He messes up at 31 minutes.. shock horror he makes one mistake.. Makoun out blah blah...

I agree with R.I.C.O he is mostly calm with the ball.. yes he makes a mistake why are you trying to say that one mistake is his usual self?

utter nonsense.. as I said before it was evident when he went off in both matches.. we could barely hold on to the ball and the passing was all messed up.

we have to remember with makoun we will be without him for 6 weeks for xmas and new year due to the africa cup.

lets hope we dont ahve alot of injuries in that area at the period...

Nope, Cameroon won't qualify. Unless they have a miracle. They are currently third and the top team from each group qualifies. Then two runners up from over 8 groups I think it is qualify and even then Cameroon would be near the bottom.

So we should have Jean for the whole season.

Â