415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we need to get behind frenchman? he's disrespected us from the start.

"Villa are a 7th place to 12th place premier league team, liverpool are higher class"

"I don't mind loosing 0-3 to liverpool"

"Lichija had a nightmare"

could go on but I've got wrist ache.

I don't believe the facebook bullshit at all but I work in a pre dominantly geezer environment and stuff like this is the norm. Where-ever you get a group of lads aged 18 to about 40 your gonna get banter, pish taking, horse play swearing, liberty taking and the occasional outburst of violence. O'Neill can handle that situation he's a quick witted bloke.

Your all feeling sorry for frenchman now just like everyone fell sorry for the stutter boy on xfactor gary gates. Look at the league table for a minute. He's out of touch.

We need Frenchman out.

Why do we need to get behind frenchman? he's disrespected us from the start.

"Villa are a 7th place to 12th place premier league team, liverpool are higher class"

"I don't mind loosing 0-3 to liverpool"

"Lichija had a nightmare"

could go on but I've got wrist ache.

I don't believe the facebook bullshit at all but I work in a pre dominantly geezer environment and stuff like this is the norm. Where-ever you get a group of lads aged 18 to about 40 your gonna get banter, pish taking, horse play swearing, liberty taking and the occasional outburst of violence. O'Neill can handle that situation he's a quick witted bloke.

Your all feeling sorry for frenchman now just like everyone fell sorry for the stutter boy on xfactor gary gates. Look at the league table for a minute. He's out of touch.

We need Frenchman out.

I always look for your posts now just for a laugh, you don't let me down either.

How can you talk about Houllier and bring Gareth gates into it.

the occasional outburst of violence
I don't know what part to laugh at first.

I think we need to back Houllier in this window, the facts is simple, we are more likely to attract the right sort of player with Houllier in charge, he spend the last 3 months working out his targets. If we get a new manager in, it going to take at least 2 weeks to appoint him and them 2 weeks to try and rush a couple of signings. With Houllier we at least going to sign some interesting players, there no where we be link with France under 19 captain or Mahamadou Diarra and Makoun with Fat Sam in charge.

and what about the fact he's led us to have the worst goal difference in the premiership, has alienated many of our players, speaks to the press instead of the players, overtrains the players, doesn't work enough on tactics, has won 3 out of 14 games, prefers to lose to liverpool than to other teams.......

is it worth signing a decent ageing midfielder for all that???

how about getting a manager who can inspire a team, build team morale, make the players tactically aware while on the pitch, speaks to the players rather than the press about his issues with them, win matches against waeker sides or even make his players not detest playing under his management?

We went on a worse run under MON and we backed him to get us out and defensively we were pretty poor before he took over, we had the 6-0 lost before he signed and our defence went to pots before the end of last season with 20 odd goals in the last 10 games, which followed on this season. Also on alienated players, it was Carew who went public first, throwing his toys out of the pram when he knew that he had to fight for a new contract and it wasn't going to be given to him, that why we have such a disfunction sqaud we have player on big wages who done nothing, thats why players like Davies and NRC were pissed under MON and why we have such widespread conflict in the squad, I glad Houllier has come in and upset a few egos.

At the end of the day Houllier hasn't had a pre season, or a group of players he happy with, he hasn't had the chance to make any signing and we had a run of hard fixture, which included 4 derby matches and playing the top 5 teams and our other fixture have been mostly against the top 9 teams. When the team has played for him we have seen some impressive performance like that against Fulham and United, So I personally backing him to find some form and get Villa out of this problem and next season to be back challenging near the top again.

Bickster for president in Aston Villa FC. As he said in the Houllier thread:

we'd rather get rid of all the posters that misbehave and dramatically reduce the amount of active posters on the site that put up with this shit. AND I very much doubt we'll be handing out warnings in advance, we'll just do it

That is what the management of our club should do against players that does not care.

And regarding topic: I still feel that a manager should get 18 months to show what he has started to build. But Houllier has made too many errors, and needs to not make any more, pick up better results again and get players who have a problem with him out in January. And get some decent signings.

First of all, IMO hes the wrong man for the job.

However...... atm Villa are in a real mess and need us, at least for the next 3 games, to support him and the team.

Lets put it this way, are the players more likely to respond to cheers or boos when they walk out at Villa Park. Its sad its come to this but unless some things start going right for us, starting with a bit of support from all us fans, then its gonna get alot worse before it gets any better. Up the Villa!

Ok so how long do we give him?

I hope to God we win but if we don't get three points against Sunderland will people still be saying we need to get behind him? I doubt it and suspect the board will act!

Then again if we beat Sunderland how many will say everthing is now rosy is the garden and the future under Houllier is suddenly bright again?

Whatever happens at this critical game I stand by my original assertion that Gerard Houllier is not the right manager for AFVC although I am sure he is a lovely man, Husband, father and grandfather who is also kind to animals! :D

Then again if we beat Sunderland how many will say everthing is now rosy is the garden and the future under Houllier is suddenly bright again?

If you think people are going to say everything is rosey after one win then you must be [insert word here].

I hope to God we win but if we don't get three points against Sunderland will people still be saying we need to get behind him? I doubt it and suspect the board will act!

Whatever happens at this critical game I stand by my original assertion that Gerard Houllier is not the right manager for AFVC although I am sure he is a lovely man, Husband, father and grandfather who is also kind to animals! :D

We should give him the season at least.

Villa are one of a small number of clubs that have never been out of the Premier League so hopefully Lerner and Houllier will now work their socks off to keep us up so that they don't go down in history as the men who achieved the unmentionable.

We can just keep supporting, hoping and cheering them on at VP because it is out of our hands.

He's not a great manager but this squad should be ashamed.

When they go out there like they did on Tuesday and roll over, they're not just hurting Houllier, they're hurting the club and its fans. Unacceptable to pout on the field no matter who is the manager. Even West Ham and Fulham fought for their dire managers, at least they showed pride for their clubs.

They should be sat on the bench for youth players who want to play and will fight for the shirt. At least it's better than watching overpaid prima donnas take it up the arse willingly.

From my blog

Gerard Houllier - The right manager at the wrong time

There's been a lot of internet campaigns over the past few weeks trying to get Gerard Houllier out of Aston Villa. For what it's worth Villa fans have been very patient after three months of disappointing performances, reserving vocal thoughts on the manager until the last defeat against Manchester City.

If Houllier came in when everything was fine, i.e. we had just finished 6th and Milner had stayed but O'Neill simply felt like he needed a new challenge, then fine, he would be a great manager for us and we would have every success we can potentially achieve under him, I have no doubt of that.

However, due to the already existing trouble between a cliqué of players and the board, I feel Houllier is not the right man for the job - at the moment. That's not me saying I want him out, or me saying I think the club have made a mistake, I just believe Houllier has came into our club at the wrong time - and Gerard knows this himself after his comments yesterday saying he had only just realised what big a task he has on his hands.

If we had kept Kevin MacDonald as caretaker manager for the rest of the season and he eradicated our main problems and THEN Houllier came in when we were in a sturdy position, it would be a decent appointment. But Houllier isn't known to raise team spirits. When things are bad under Houllier, things are bad. In my opinion, he is only successful at a team that has good team spirit and a decent dressing room backing him, not at a team that has fallen apart from two Wembley defeats, our best player leaving for two successive seasons as well as our best defender retiring - and on top of all that, our most successful manager for years walking out on us.

However going back to me not saying the club have made a mistake, they should have known Houllier would not be the right person to drag us up from the metaphorical dead... I just don't know how we can recover from this as to put it blunt I cannot see where our next win is going to come from. Whether we sack him or not we will still be in this mess until the main core of troublemakers who are no longer interested are out of this club.

I am very worried we will get relegated and if we do I would not be surprised.

First of all i have not read all the posts so i don't know the whole thing that is going on but

I feel first of all that some senior players should be ashamed of themselves for how that have treated houllier, but it takes two to tango as they say. And as much as i love to support all managers that come to our great and famous club.

Houllier ran out of juice and at the rate we and he is going we will go down face it.

And the worst thing we are starting to resemble GH: (I might get slated for saying this but i feel it needs to be said as it the cold hard truth)

We have no passion. Houllier don't have none mabye due to his heart but that seems to be rubbing of on the clubs heart too.

And at the rate we are going it seems like we are going backward and will be talking about the great old time of trophies. Well who else has a great history of trophies thats right MR GH, all everyone bangs on abput is how great he was at Liverpool well wooptie doo. But it ent happening hear is it old man.

And as for Grampa Pires mirror image or what his Past it just like his pal GH. Pires was linked with crawley pre season LOL then we sign LMAO.

If i had to describe my beloved villa as a person as they are today i would say houllier.

Sorry if people are offended but freedom of speech and all that.

I hate Chelsea. I hate going to Stamford Bridge. I hate their plastic support. I hate the way they all clap their hands to that stupid cheeky chappy cockney song. I hate watching Villa concede seven and walking to the train in the rain. I hate paying £46 for the pleasure. However, I'll be there on Sunday and I'll be giving 100% vocal support to the team and the manager. All I expect in return is 100% effort from every player on the pitch. As long as the effort it there, I don't mind If we lose.

It is hard to tell fact from fiction at the moment and i still believe there is a lot of Smoke & Mirrors designed to support a failing manger.However after my little contretemps with MysteryMan on the Houllier thread I have made him a partial apology for suggesting he was a club flunky and now accept some of what he has said - that said I stand by the right to challenge His ITK comments that are too often taken by many as being Unchallengeable facts. That said it was suggested that one of the players was very very negative about the club and the area. I therefore have in the last hour made a few enquiries from others who are undoubtedly ITK and whilst I still think Houllier is weak and has to go there is a certain LB who should NEVER be allowed to wear the Villa colours again and if he plays against Chelsea it will just further prove how weak Houllier really is. I don't really care whether people believe me or not but irrespective of my position on Houllier I am now willing to accept that we have at least one clearing in the woods on our squad who needs to be booted out!

We NEED to get behind our manager!!

Houllier is weak and useless.

So I ask. what are you doing in this thread? if all you can come with is shit against the manager?

No need to answer BTW.. I know what you are going to say anyway.

If it was the same comments had of been aimed at O'Neill the thread would have be locked.

It is hard to tell fact from fiction at the moment and i still believe there is a lot of Smoke & Mirrors designed to support a failing manger.However after my little contretemps with MysteryMan on the Houllier thread I have made him a partial apology for suggesting he was a club flunky and now accept some of what he has said - that said I stand by the right to challenge His ITK comments that are too often taken by many as being Unchallengeable facts. That said it was suggested that one of the players was very very negative about the club and the area. I therefore have in the last hour made a few enquiries from others who are undoubtedly ITK and whilst I still think Houllier is weak and has to go there is a certain LB who should NEVER be allowed to wear the Villa colours again and if he plays against Chelsea it will just further prove how weak Houllier really is. I don't really care whether people believe me or not but irrespective of my position on Houllier I am now willing to accept that we have at least one clearing in the woods on our squad who needs to be booted out!

for footballing reasons i hope.

Â