Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Don't usually post things like this, heard GH has been ticked off (??) over form and out spoken stuff and there has also been clear the air talks between staff and players in a meeting. Hope so.
i hope there has been clear the air talks between staff and players,i wish this whole sorry situation would stop as its killing the club.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think this manager deserves the fans backing tbh,beside's how we are doing on the pitch after the whole Liverpool thing and the way he treated the away fans that night was a joke,and for me he should be hounded out of the club.the fans are best off doing it now and getting him out quick rather than letting him take us further into the shite.

He is working with players that dont want to wear the shirt full stop! Nothing to do with Houllier,Jol or MON or Moyes or any other Tom Dick or Harry.

They HATE Villa..

They all hate Villa,ok i didnt know that.it seems very strange to me that so many have turned,could it be that the manager and his coaching staff are just not getting the best out of a team that should be atleast top half of the table.they all hate Villa my hole,more like the manager that has went blabbing to the press about them..

It could be that Lerner wouldnt back MON...So they hate Lerner,hate the club...Houllier could just be the fall guy..Who knows?

well if whats dodgyknees says is true,then i hope they all can move on and push the club back up the table.its poxy when your club is in such a bad state.

i dont think this manager deserves the fans backing tbh,beside's how we are doing on the pitch after the whole Liverpool thing and the way he treated the away fans that night was a joke,and for me he should be hounded out of the club.the fans are best off doing it now and getting him out quick rather than letting him take us further into the shite.

He is working with players that dont want to wear the shirt full stop! Nothing to do with Houllier,Jol or MON or Moyes or any other Tom Dick or Harry.

They HATE Villa..

They all hate Villa,ok i didnt know that.it seems very strange to me that so many have turned,could it be that the manager and his coaching staff are just not getting the best out of a team that should be atleast top half of the table.they all hate Villa my hole,more like the manager that has went blabbing to the press about them..

It could be that Lerner wouldnt back MON...So they hate Lerner,hate the club...Houllier could just be the fall guy..Who knows?

thats surely part of it - Lerner and Villa did not match O'Neill's and the players ambitions, plus the players obviously blame Lerner for the loss of O'Neill and for signing houllier(and possibly losing milner for all we know). But houllier takes a big chunk of the blame - a good manager could have handled things much better than he did.

It is really ironic in a nasty way, that we get ourselves a billionaire owner after years of supposed stagnation as a club and then we are now having probably one of our most worrying seasons in the premier league era.

GH came out the other night and was asked if he realised how big the job was he was taking on, he said no way it is far bigger, with a gloomy and defeated expression.

Ladies and Gents we are in an absolute dog fight whether we want it or not, this premier league is closer than ever. So a big club could fall and that could very well be us.

I am concerned we do not have the senior players ready and willing to fight for survival, for whatever reason they have decided Houiller is not the manager they want. This is the same group of players who were supposedely popping champagne corks via text when MON left, and were clambering for Kevin Mac to get the job, and then went out and played against Newcastle in one of the most abject performance seen in a long time. 6-0 to a newly promoted Newcastle team is so far from being acceptable it hurts.

There is a poison at the club and it needs to change, MON saw the writing on the wall and decided to jump. We can talk all we want about the manager and the owner but ultimately this set of players needs to pull us out of the mess or be moved on in January if they are not up for the fight. They are taking us for absolute mugs and do not care one iota for the club or us as fans.

GH said in his TV interview after the Man City game when asked about the threat of relegation and the January window "We are in a relegation battle, we were before the game and we are now, I need to see that the players who are here now are ready for this battle, or if they are not!"

A telling comment if you ask me.

GH has created a lot of issues this is a given and he has to take a massive portion of the blame, but lets not kid ourselves to say this was a rose garden before he joined because it was not. The signs have been there for a number of months.

I do not believe the owner is going to sack the manager, he has proven time and again with Cleveland Browns that he sticks by his appointments, he is not flavour of the month with them because of it, so what choice do we have? We need to allow him to ship out the players who do not want to be here and then the owner needs to allow him to replace them, whether short term loans or long term deals we need players who want to play and fight for our premier league status.

I think we need to back Houllier in this window, the facts is simple, we are more likely to attract the right sort of player with Houllier in charge, he spend the last 3 months working out his targets. If we get a new manager in, it going to take at least 2 weeks to appoint him and them 2 weeks to try and rush a couple of signings. With Houllier we at least going to sign some interesting players, there no where we be link with France under 19 captain or Mahamadou Diarra and Makoun with Fat Sam in charge.

I think its fair to say that as soon as Houllier starts doing his job - overseeing the winning of football games on a fairly regular basis then he'll get my full backing.

It hasn't just been poor since he arrived its been terrible. I wasn't overly optimistic when he arrived but I never for one second thought it could be this bad.

Time to shape up or ship out.

I think we need to back Houllier in this window, the facts is simple, we are more likely to attract the right sort of player with Houllier in charge, he spend the last 3 months working out his targets. If we get a new manager in, it going to take at least 2 weeks to appoint him and them 2 weeks to try and rush a couple of signings. With Houllier we at least going to sign some interesting players, there no where we be link with France under 19 captain or Mahamadou Diarra and Makoun with Fat Sam in charge.

and what about the fact he's led us to have the worst goal difference in the premiership, has alienated many of our players, speaks to the press instead of the players, overtrains the players, doesn't work enough on tactics, has won 3 out of 14 games, prefers to lose to liverpool than to other teams.......

is it worth signing a decent ageing midfielder for all that???

how about getting a manager who can inspire a team, build team morale, make the players tactically aware while on the pitch, speaks to the players rather than the press about his issues with them, win matches against waeker sides or even make his players not detest playing under his management?

You'd think if there was already such a poison at the club when he joined, then, you know...someone might have mentioned it to him when he started? And knowing morale wasn't great, well...he might not have done such stupid things to make it even worse like speaking out against players in the press etc. It just seem odd to me that he went about things how he did if the situation was how it has been painted with regards player problems. I'm not saying there are no problems at all, just that I'd be surprised if they weren't still at a very solvable level when Houllier joined us.

I do not believe the owner is going to sack the manager, he has proven time and again with Cleveland Browns that he sticks by his appointments, he is not flavour of the month with them because of it, so what choice do we have?

Difference being of course there is no relegation for the Browns so the consequences of keeping a buffoon employed for a little too long are not as severe.

Either way Randy has made some terrible managerial appointments for the Browns by all accounts. Sadly it appears he as done no better with us.

Grayson, Lambert, Coyle, Di Matteo would all make excellent choices for Houlliers replacement. All young, hungry and ambitious for success. Would all see us for what we are a big club and a massive opportunity and would all bring a real enthusiastic approach and be like a breath of fresh air through the club.

Grayson, Lambert, Coyle, Di Matteo would all make excellent choices for Houlliers replacement. All young, hungry and ambitious for success. Would all see us for what we are a big club and a massive opportunity and would all bring a real enthusiastic approach and be like a breath of afresh air through the club.

I'd love to see Stuart Pearce given a chance. He has exactly the mentality we need. DiMatteo would be a great choice also.

A young manager with some fire may be the best for us.....not an old hag like Houllier.

If we went for a more experienced manager Jol would be fantastic.

Â