SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

A firm bid of 8-10m for shaqiri would be a great option.. It would also spell to Whelan that we are not looking at just N'Zogbia.

Wouldn't it be great to see both at VP. Shaqiri can play centrally as well and looks a real player.

Have we ever actually been linked with Shaqiri or is this just wishful thinking? would love him down VP.

Linked whilst Houllier was in charge that's about it.. (Shaqiri and Stocker)

Ah ok cheers.

Well there are other players out there but for £10 million, he's proven in the Premiership which is vital because we know he can perform at this level consistently, scores goals, makes goals, quick and direct and a good age. Put him down to a 5 year contract and we'll get at least 3 years out of him before selling him on (if that's the case) for a good price. Not arguing, his temperament is a little wayward but he's been linked with clubs for a year now, could have gone in January etc....didn't really effect his game.

We've lost two vital games, I think we need to buy someone we know who will deliver and has done before in the Prem.

It's true that losing out on our first choice replacement for the sake of £1m does have a whiff of cutting off our nose to spite our face, but dagnabbit it's the principle of the matter!

Mind you, who am I to argue about principles? I spent most of yesterday staring at Emma from Marketing's cracking tits whilst she was giving a very important presentation on the new communications framework and for the life of me I can't remember any salient points from the meeting (well, except for the obvious two).

Well there are other players out there but for £10 million, he's proven in the Premiership which is vital because we know he can perform at this level consistently, scores goals, makes goals, quick and direct and a good age. Put him down to a 5 year contract and we'll get at least 3 years out of him before selling him on (if that's the case) for a good price. Not arguing, his temperament is a little wayward but he's been linked with clubs for a year now, could have gone in January etc....didn't really effect his game.

We've lost two vital games, I think we need to buy someone we know who will deliver and has done before in the Prem.

It's true that losing out on our first choice replacement for the sake of £1m does have a whiff of cutting off our nose to spite our face, but dagnabbit it's the principle of the matter!

Mind you, who am I to argue about principles? I spent most of yesterday staring at Emma from Marketing's cracking tits whilst she was giving a very important presentation on the new communications framework and for the life of me I can't remember any salient points from the meeting (well, except for the obvious two).

Its only a million pounds and smells of the Robbie Keane drama

Randy Lerner obviously needs a new assistant.... "There you go Mr Whelan just sign here... Emma there's a good girl just fill his coffee cup again won't you"

Principles, unfortunately, seem to be a thing of the past......and morals I dare say, Mr Whelan.

I'd love to see us stick a brusque two-fingers up to Wigan over this, but I don't think we're in any position to do that. And I really would love to see NZog at VP next season. Handbags at ten paces, or the obligatory stand off, just are'nt getting either side anywhere. We want him, they need to sell him, so get it on. A million? Pish.....small change.

Photo of Emma from marketings assets please?

:?

I think this is just a last ditch attempt by DW to try and squeeze extra money out of us. To be honest if it's £1m it's not horrific. He could quite easily up the price by £5m.

£1m just doesn't make sense. It's pathetic to think that this deal could be scuppered because Whelan is asking for £1m extra.

I think this is just a last ditch attempt by DW to try and squeeze extra money out of us. To be honest if it's £1m it's not horrific. He could quite easily up the price by £5m.

£1m just doesn't make sense. It's pathetic to think that this deal could be scuppered because Whelan is asking for £1m extra.

To be fair that 1mil could be another player or 3 for Wigan.

Some facebook stalking may be in order, but I'll see what I can do. :thumb:

I'd love to see us stick a brusque two-fingers up to Wigan over this

I know where I'd like to stick a brusque two-f... nah, that's too obvious. :)

To be fair that 1mil could be another player or 3 for Wigan.

AND TO BE FAIR WE ARE NOT EXACTLY MAN CITY....WE NEED EVERY PENNY WE HAVE!

I'd love to see us stick a brusque two-fingers up to Wigan over this, but I don't think we're in any position to do that. And I really would love to see NZog at VP next season. Handbags at ten paces, or the obligatory stand off, just are'nt getting either side anywhere. We want him, they need to sell him, so get it on. A million? Pish.....small change.

This. And also what he said about Wigan and NZogbia an' stuff.

To be fair, it doesnt matter what the press say. None of us have a **** clue whats going on do we ?

If we have offered 9m knowing they want 10m then i'm sure there is room for movement. You don't pay the asking price for a house before making an offer after all.

But if we had agreed a price and then Whelan moved the goalposts I can see us walking. Which would be the correct thing to do, except it'll leave us with a second/third choice replacement which really wont do after selling our two golden nuggets.

We need some glitter sprinkling over the side now Young and to a lesser extent Downing have gone. And N'Zogbia offers the kind of fizz of unpredictablility we desperately need.

An Etherington, McGeady or Jarvis woouldn't. They're all pretty bog standard wingers with no extra 'shazam!'

I'm with Gareth and others, walk away.

Supposedly, we were told that the price was 9m. We bid 9m. Then DW says "sorry old chaps, the price is 10m". Say we then bid the 10m, there's no reason to doubt that DW will do it again and say "actually old bean, the price is now 11m", and so on, until the price is closer to 15m. Is that still a good deal?

At the end of the day, i'm not sure that N'Zogbia is this panacea to cure all Villa's ills, and there are alternatives out there.

Hope we get Nzogbia but we should stick to our guns and not be held to ransom. Considering the length of his contract at Wigan I think 9/10m is the most we should be paying. Anymore and theyve had our pants down..

Mr Scoggins has spoken this morning, if it's any use...

Is he a Villa fan? Seems to go out of his way to chat to Villa fans on twitter. I have to say him, Phil McNulty, Mat Kendrick, Tim Abraham & Henry Winter & one or two more seem alot more clued up about all things B6 than many in the press.

SunDeanScoggins

There is no truth in Vargas rumours, I'm told. N'Zogbia is man they want. He wants #avfc.

So I anticipate movement sooner rather than later