SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Whelan is trying to create a bidding war just like he basically made it impossible for Martinez not to stay at Wigan when he went public with our approach. He is just working the situation for his benefit and is behaving like a prick.

He's a bit like Ian Holloway, the media love him but I think he's a complete clearing in the woods.

Whelan is getting desperate for a bidding war but only one team want his player. If it really is 10mil he wants then we should just pay it but if he wants more we should move along.

People here slamming PF but no_one knows what Villa are doing behind the scenes on this deal. How about we wait and see what actually happens before we start baying for blood.

In the end I suspect Whelan's grandstanding is all about making strew everyone knows how much he got when the signing is announced as an' undisclosed fee'.

People here slamming PF but no_one knows what Villa are doing behind the scenes on this deal. How about we wait and see what actually happens before we start baying for blood.

Stop it with that common sense talk, there's no place for your sort here. :evil:

Whelan uses any excuse to get his small club in the media

Spot on...not to mention himself!

Ponky wrote:

This!

Said it before - Just because WE don't know what's going on behind the scenes at Villa Park.... Doesn't mean to say that THEY don't know what's going on!! However frustrating it can seem at times.

The good thing is that Kendrick states that talks are ongoing with Whelan to try & get this resolved. He's publically stated that they need to sell the player for financial reasons - so let's hope common sense prevails and a compromise is reached.

Won't hurt a jot that we're being linked with other wingers today IMHO! Whelan NEEDS to make the sale.

Re: the other wingers mentioned - surely we will need a third winger anyway? I hope McLeish is looking at others. What happens if we get injuries? I don't want us having to play someone like Delph out wide because we don't have any backups.

Lets get N'Zogbia and someone else. Not sure McGeady or SWP would be the answer though.

It's doing the rounds that Wigan have lined up Leed's Snodgrass as a replacement for N'Zogbia - so I'm presuming at some point a deal will be done, with Villa because it doesn't look like there are any other bids in for him

It's doing the rounds that Wigan have lined up Leed's Snodgrass as a replacement for N'Zogbia - so I'm presuming at some point a deal will be done, with Villa because it doesn't look like there are any other bids in for him

It's times like these when I'd want the club to show some teeth and submit a bid for Snodgrass (hell, we need back-up on the wings anyway), then tell Wigan we'll back down if they stop playing silly buggers over N'Zogbia.