SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Glad to hear that, its a joke that they accepted a 9mil bid for him in January when he was their best player and their best hope of staying up then now are mouthing off and claiming he should be worth more.

He is their player and they can do what they want just the same as we can we are selling our players.

If we weren't so desperate, we should hold out. No way would they keep him, in fact by the end of the window, I reckon he'd sell for £8 million, but we are desperate so should pay up and get it done.

Glad to hear that, its a joke that they accepted a 9mil bid for him in January when he was their best player and their best hope of staying up then now are mouthing off and claiming he should be worth more.

He is their player and they can do what they want just the same as we can we are selling our players.

If we weren't so desperate, we should hold out. No way would they keep him, in fact by the end of the window, I reckon he'd sell for £8 million, but we are desperate so should pay up and get it done.

Prices tend to go up not down during the window.

Yes they want to sell but they know we want to buy and because we've waited until we've sold Downing/Young they know we've plenty of cash.

We won't be the only team interested in N'Zogbia so they aren't going to rush to accept our bid and neither would I in their position. If we sign him or anyone signs him it won't be for less than £9m I'm pretty certain about that.

If we are only offering £50k a week - we may as well forget it now - he won't come.

50k a week for N'Zogbia?

I think he'd jump at the chance.

At Wigan he must be on what, 20-25k??? (thats a guess, would love to know the actual figure)

Cant see Wigan paying any of their players much more than 25k a week.

I'm sure N'Zogbia would love the chance to earn 50k a week.

IIRC he had a deal agreed at sha for £40k p/w but at the 11th hour he demanded £50k and thats why the deal collapsed as sha refused to pay it.

It all depends on who is in for him. If there are 2 or 3 clubs SERIOUS about signing him he can be cheeky with his demands.

If we are only offering £50k a week - we may as well forget it now - he won't come.

50k a week for N'Zogbia?

At Wigan he must be on what, 20-25k??? (thats a guess, would love to know the actual figure)

Sounds alot to you and I - but if you think gabby is on 65k - that gives it some perspective - 40k is rock bottom for a prem player these days

Prices tend to go up not down during the window.

Yes they want to sell but they know we want to buy and because we've waited until we've sold Downing/Young they know we've plenty of cash.

We won't be the only team interested in N'Zogbia so they aren't going to rush to accept our bid and neither would I in their position. If we sign him or anyone signs him it won't be for less than £9m I'm pretty certain about that.

Prices tend to go up when you aren't desperate to sell.

50k a week for N'Zogbia?

Sounds alot to you and I - but if you think gabby is on 65k - that gives it some perspective - 40k is rock bottom for a prem player these days

Wolves highest earner is O'Hara on 35K per week.

Gabby is on nowhere near that. He's probably on nearer £40-50k

Would have thought so. If there's one player we dont need to pay over the odds to stay it's Gabby.

Really dont think he'd be on 65k a week.

I'm fairly certain N'Zogbia would join for 50k a week. It's a lot of money for any club outside the top 6.

I want us to sign N'Zogbia but do not want to pay over the odds for the player. I respect the club for playing hardball. Caving into players demands has put us in this mess in the first place. If N'Zogbia is messing us about we should forget him and go for someone else. I can't see a bigger club than us coming in for him atm though. I do hope we sign him but not at an inflated contract for the sake of it!

VILLA have warned Wigan they will not be held to ransom over Charles N’Zogbia with their opening offer for Stewart Downing’s potential replacement still on the table.

Latics chairman Dave Whelan has indicated he would like more for the 25-year-old French international than the written £9 million bid Villa lodged last Thursday.

Whelan has not formally rejected the offer but has verbally told Villa he is reluctant to sell at that price despite N’Zogbia entering the final year of his contract.

N’Zogbia is understood to be growing increasingly restless at the stand-off after apparently being told he could leave if a £9 million bid was submitted.

The two clubs are set to resume contact today, but Villa have told their DW Stadium counterparts they will not pay over the odds or wait forever for N’Zogbia.

Despite reported interest from Everton, Villa are believed to be the only club seriously willing to pay anywhere near Wigan’s valuation and meet the player’s £60,000 per week wage demands.

With Downing’s £20 million switch to Liverpool officially completed late on Friday evening, Villa boss Alex McLeish is keen to get his replacement signed up within the next few days.

And unless there is rapid movement with Wigan, McLeish is ready to turn his attention to a list of alternatives headed by Spartak Moscow’s former Celtic favourite Aiden McGeady.

There is no truth in rumours Villa are after Fiorentina’s left-sided star, Peruvian international Juan Manuel Vargas. If Villa were to pursue McGeady instead, the 25-year-old would add to an Ireland contingent which is set to be swelled by experienced goalkeeper Shay Given’s signing today.

Given passed a weekend medical and, having agreed personal terms, the £3.5 million capture from Manchester City will train this week and jet off on Villa’s Hong Kong tour on Saturday.

http://tinyurl.com/64oafom

We are the only club interested apparently, we have bid 9mp and they want lets say 10mp. Why should we just pay the extra million? We do know that Wigan must sell and that Nzogbia wants to leave. This will happen during this week, I have no doubts about that. I can see a transfer request comming from Nzogbia any time now...

Just pay the extra million and get it done before someone else comes in. The amount of money we've pissed up the wall (paying AMC compensation to Blues being the biggest waste) what's 1 more million?

Guess thats easy to say when it's not my money mind. :lol:

We are the only club interested apparently, we have bid 9mp and they want lets say 10mp. Why should we just pay the extra million? We do know that Wigan must sell and that Nzogbia wants to leave. This will happen during this week, I have no doubts about that. I can see a transfer request comming from Nzogbia any time now...

Because the cost/benefit of dragging this out over a number of weeks could prove to be disadvantageous to the club.

That said, if they can wrap the deal up before the squad go to Asia for the pre season tournament, then fair enough.