SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

That 20mil player was only bought for 12 and many thought we overpaid at the time just like Milner and Young who nearly doubled in value and at the time of buying them had little interest from other clubs in buying them.

Just because there is not a line of suitors for him and he doesnt cost a gazillion million does not mean he cant do the business for us.

The danger is now whether N'Zogbia would even consider Villa a step up from Wigan...

:lol:

That cheered me up, thank you.

Its a funny i know, but i bet you, that N'zogbia will be somewhere else next season :winkold:

People outside the club see us as in decline, a club with no ambition, and a good bet for the drop!!!

Do you think any decent player in their right mind, will jion us at the moment?

Its not coincidence that we are being linked to the likes of Ethrington and McGeady, and the fact that we are, is just going to reinforce the view that we are buggered.

N'zogbia should have been signed a month ago. We certainly may have had a better chance then, now we will struggle.

I think we'll be ok, there are some very poor teams in the Premiership. We'll make some signings and depending on the percieved quality of those signings hopefully some optimism will return. I will try not to get too stressed out at this moment in time as it is still early. With regards N'Zogbia I think there is a good chance he'll end up here, he hasn't done enough to earn a move to a top team just yet. So we're the next logical step for him.

Why the **** did we not sign the Zog ages ago? Before it became public knowledge that we have a large transfer kitty. Before it became public knowledge that we are desperate for wingers. At the very least we should have sorted this before accepting a bid for Downing.

Why the **** did we not sign the Zog ages ago? Before it became public knowledge that we have a large transfer kitty. Before it became public knowledge that we are desperate for wingers. At the very least we should have sorted this before accepting a bid for Downing.

This is my biggest concern. Every team in the league now knows we have funds to spend and are DESPERATE for one, maybe two replacement wingers. I predict us getting raped by many chairman this window.

Because our club is being run by idiots at the present time.

We finally buy the goalscorer we've needed for about 10 years, and our next trick out of the hat is to deny him a quality supply line.

It's a bit like when we sold our midfield engine (Milner) and tried to replace with ... er, well nobody.

It's like a clown car. We buy one bit, and then another bit falls off and the car goes **** nowhere fast

Because our club is being run by idiots at the present time.

We finally buy the goalscorer we've needed for about 10 years, and our next trick out of the hat is to deny him a quality supply line.

It's a bit like when we sold our midfield engine (Milner) and tried to replace with ... er, well nobody.

It's like a clown car. We buy one bit, and then another bit falls off and the car goes **** nowhere fast

Well atleast we improved the mascot- he might be able to play on the wing?

We had better **** sign him. He is a better player than Downing IMO. I've always rated him, even in the early days at Newcastle circa 2005-06, I used to tout him around to my mates as being a future star. I'm amazed taken this long for him to become a influential player.

I will be ecstatic i f we see this through. Goals from midfield are something we're really lacking too. Not to mention the extra set-piece threat.

I think he'll cost closer to £15m and wouldn't be surprised if Dave had his hairy eye on most of the Downing booty. But I absolutely agree that we desperately need this signing now. Of the alternatives, Etherington might be more consistent. Etherington is to N'Zogbia what Downing was to Ash Young. I'd take N'Zog just for the bit of flair.

Hopefully that is true, it is important we have at least one winger in before Downing leaves the club.

Fourth Official was spot on with Downing actually. Got abused mercillesly last few days by Villa fans, but he was correct.

Let's hope he's on the metal today!

Villa fan who lives in Wigan on Twitter has been saying for a week and a half Zog was a done deal to us also.

If Villa have ANY nouse I'm sure they will have agreed the fee with Wigan for CNZ BEFORE LFC were allowed to announce they'd agreed a fee for Downing and Whelan's eyes glazed over with £££S signs!.

I reckon this signing is as good as done, Newcastle & Sunderland can't afford the 65k a week wages, we have just sold Downing and said that suitable replacements are available. I think it's just a matter of days until this one is announced which is why the Downing thing has just gone over my head, some people are getting way too emotional over him leaving when N'Zogbia is a better player anyway.

Etherington is to N'Zogbia what Downing was to Ash Young. I'd take N'Zog just for the bit of flair.

That's my take BOF too. Keep saying.. N'Zogbia is surely a natural replacement for Ashley Young.

Agreed Julie. It just depends on how we want to use him now. N'Zogbia is a winger and we weren't using Young as a winger so in that sense he's not his replacement. He's Downing's replacement. If we want to replace Young i.e. an 'off the striker' midfielder then that's where Kranjcar comes into the picture IMHO.

Though all of the above, as I say, assumes McLeish won't in some way change the system. By all accounts he's not gone on wingers, which is where the likes of Hutton come into it. Bombing wingbacks and a relatively narrow and compact midfield.

He is a better player than Downing IMO. I've always rated him, even in the early days at Newcastle circa 2005-06, I used to tout him around to my mates as being a future star. I'm amazed taken this long for him to become a influential player.

He's got a wicked left foot.

I'd be interested to know the exact stats but it seems far more of his free kicks have ended up in the back of the net than Young or Downing in recent

seasons.

Kranjcar + N'Zogbia and Given will do me fine.. (including 2-3 good potential wingers/midfielders)

Something tells me we will sign Parker (probably injured for 3-4 months if we sign him) + SWP and Robert Green though with the way things are going..