SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

...An inflation-adjusted fee of £10 million could be enough to sign Shaqiri, and if Villa do decide to make a bid for the starlet, he could well be the man to fill void left by Young and Downing.

He can fill the gap of two England Internationals, by himself. Sign him up!

:winkold:

Me too, I was impressed with him against England. The Swiss seem to have some promising players coming through. I think going the the time frame mentioned that he was probably a Houllier target, I'm not sure whether McLeish is interested or not. I hope so.

Maybe but i hope we atleast enquire about him.. Shaqiri is quality, this is the type of signing we should be looking at and signing them on 5-6 year contracts.. not SWP or anything like that.

I also think he has the physical attributes to do well in the prem

Shaqiri is quality and will only get better and better but he won't come to us. He'll end up at a Champions League club unfortunately.

Maybe a Champions League club that wont come anywhere in the Champions League? But a top 6 club in Europe? Can you see him getting a 1st team place in Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid line up? Maybe not..

Villa = 1st team football in an half decent Premiership side that are building for the future. Not saying its a nailed on signing but surely worth getting him to come down and take a look at our club and training facilities etc..Sell the club to him and he might like what he see's?

Shaqiri is quality and will only get better and better but he won't come to us. He'll end up at a Champions League club unfortunately.

Maybe a Champions League club that wont come anywhere in the Champions League? But a top 6 club in Europe? Can you see him getting a 1st team place in Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid line up? Maybe not..

Villa = 1st team football in an half decent Premiership side that are building for the future. Not saying its a nailed on signing but surely worth getting him to come down and take a look at our club and training facilities etc..Sell the club to him and he might like what he see's?

I could see him getting a first team place at the likes of Dortmund, Bayern, Leverkusen, Lyon, Valencia, Napoli, Villarreal etc. Then there would also be plenty of clubs in the Europa League who would be ahead of us too unfortunately.

Of course I would love it if we did sign him, but this lad is one of the most exciting young talents in the game at the moment so there will be too many clubs in a better position than us currently who are interested.

But back to N'Zogbia, he should be our number 1 priority this summer, without question. He is pretty much a perfect replacement for Young. I really hope we are in for him but I just have a feeling that we're going to be disappointed on this one.

I don't think there's anyway Villa or any club are going to pay Wigan £20M for N'Zogbia...

Whelan touting that he's for sale last weekend sounded like a plea for a bidding war if ever I heard one.

This is a dead duck surely at that price if it's true.

I don't think there's anyway Villa or any club are going to pay Wigan £20M for N'Zogbia...

Whelan touting that he's for sale last weekend sounded like a plea for a bidding war if ever I heard one.

Agreed, Most prices nowadays are ridiculous including Downing for 25m.

But no way is Charles N'Zogbia worth 20m with only one year on his contract Left?!?!?

Charles N'Zogbia his wage demands will be massive as well, he knows that next year he can leave for nothing and will be paid very well, wigan are doomed unless some cash rich idiot pays £10m plus.

N'Zogbia for me is another problem player, he will not sit on a bench without moaning to the press, tbh, i would rather we stayed well away from him. Get a young winger with some promise......maybe Delph can cross a ball?

I don't think Whelan ever said they want £20 million for him.

"But he's worth a hell of a lot more than the fee we're asking.

"Whichever club gets Charles will be getting a great player for far less than what he is actually worth."

I don't think Whelan ever said they want £20 million for him.

"But he's worth a hell of a lot more than the fee we're asking.

"Whichever club gets Charles will be getting a great player for far less than what he is actually worth."

Trying to Find the source... but i definitely recall dave whelan said something like "Ive seen players worse than zoggy going for 20m + so we will have to only settle for that price for our player" not word for word but it was on the lines... might have read it in the paper but he wants that amount of money for him apparently.

Trying to Find the source... but i definitely recall dave whelan said something like "Ive seen players worse than zoggy going for 20m + so we will have to only settle for that price for our player" not word for word but it was on the lines... might have read it in the paper but he wants that amount of money for him apparently.

He was interviewed on TS and said that there were players moving for 20m+ that weren't as good as NZogbia, but this completely ignores his contract position.

They set a price in January when Blues nearly bought him for £9m (I think) so pretty difficult to get anyone to go far past this I would imagine, especially as his contract is another 6 months less now.

Its just like the pannu bloke saying blues wanted 12m+ for their star players.... Then johnson moved for under 7m.

think someone will sign nzog for under 12m to be honest. Don't see why we cant be that club.