SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Villa should hurry the **** up and just bid the 10 million. We're gonna lose him and be left with options like SWP.

Or Juan Vargas.

Or Ryad Boudebouz.

Or Lewis Holtby.

Or Maksym Bily.

Or Dusan Tadic.

Or Oussama Assaidi.

Or Yassine El Ghanassy.

Or Giorgi Merebashvili.

Or Zlatko Junuzović.

Or Valentin Stocker.

Or Cristian Tanase.

There's a whole damn world of options out there.

But we have McLeish who doesn't seem to attract oversea players.

Zigic

Zarate

Beausejour

Hleb

Martins

Benitez

Michel

Jiranek

My god there is some quality there to look forward to..............oh wait, hang on a minute. They are all shite!

Villa should hurry the **** up and just bid the 10 million. We're gonna lose him and be left with options like SWP.

Or Juan Vargas.

Or Ryad Boudebouz.

Or Lewis Holtby.

Or Maksym Bily.

Or Dusan Tadic.

Or Oussama Assaidi.

Or Yassine El Ghanassy.

Or Giorgi Merebashvili.

Or Zlatko Junuzović.

Or Valentin Stocker.

Or Cristian Tanase.

Zigic

Zarate

Beausejour

Hleb

Martins

Benitez

Michel

Jiranek

Dont let the truth get the way of a good old dig.

Hogwash and piffle.

• Mauro Zárate
    Wilson Palacios
    Borja Oubiña
    Rafael Schmitz
    Olivier Kapo
    Daniël de Ridder
    Richard Kingson
    Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
    Kemy Agustien
    Carlos Costly
    Grégory Vignal
    Míchel
    Giovanny Espinoza
    Christian Benítez
    Nikola Zigic
    Martin Jiranek
    Jean Beausejour
    Matt Derbyshire
    Obafemi Martins
    Aleksandr Hleb

If you're going to moan, at least moan about something that actually exists.

Or Juan Vargas.

Or Ryad Boudebouz.

Or Lewis Holtby.

Or Maksym Bily.

Or Dusan Tadic.

Or Oussama Assaidi.

Or Yassine El Ghanassy.

Or Giorgi Merebashvili.

Or Zlatko Junuzović.

Or Valentin Stocker.

Or Cristian Tanase.

Zigic

Zarate

Beausejour

Hleb

Martins

Benitez

Michel

Jiranek

My god there is some quality there to look forward to..............oh wait, hang on a minute. They are all shite!

That's not the point. He said McLeish can't attract overseas players, but evidently he can.

Anyway who do you expect him to sign for Blues? Messi, Ronaldo?

I dont think N'Zogbia wants to come to Villa Park and if I'm totally honest for £10 -£12m I dont think he is worth it???

Surely there is a better more promising younger winger out their for better value. I dont recall N'Zogbia being all that good at Newcastle.

When did he phone you?

I really really find it hard to see how you can come to the conclusion that he isn't worth it.

He's the number 1 replacemnet no if's no but's. If even a little bit of you doesn't think he's good enough then you've never took the time to watch him play.

Mauro Zárate is shite? :suspect:

You did list Matt Derbyshire tho and there is a lot of shite on that list.

Oh and some of those players you listed like Kapo and Palacios were Steve Bruce signings (and promptly left under McLeish)

I dont think N'Zogbia wants to come to Villa Park and if I'm totally honest for £10 -£12m I dont think he is worth it???

Surely there is a better more promising younger winger out their for better value. I dont recall N'Zogbia being all that good at Newcastle.

When did he phone you?

I really really find it hard to see how you can come to the conclusion that he isn't worth it.

He's the number 1 replacemnet no if's no but's. If even a little bit of you doesn't think he's good enough then you've never took the time to watch him play.

I think he would prefer to go elsewhere. Thats my opinion

He is not the 1 replacement, there are plenty of other options as listed above. I have seen him play numerous times I think he is average

Whelan is showing us exactly how to behave in modern day football...like a word removed.

Honesty and integrity get you nowhere these days. We need to take a leaf out of this old tarts book.

yet we (allegedly) behaved like that in the recruitment of mcleish, and the board got slated on here for supposedly doing things underhand and "tapping up".

The board getting slated on here for alot of things lately. I wouldnt let that concern you too much.

Its going on everywhere though. Underhand tactics in order to get what you want. Its the way to go im afraid. This nicey nicey approach the board always seem to use is getting us absolutley nowhere.

Whelan is playing the game and hes playing it well. Randy could learn a thing or two from him.

Perhaps we are waiting to see if Hoilett rejects a contract offer at Rovers. I understand he only has 1 year left. Surely we could get him for a decent fee with only 12 months left.

The fact that we have sold Young to ManUre shows that we will sell, so he can advance his career and still play for the big 4 later on.

Hogwash and piffle.

• Mauro Zárate
    Wilson Palacios
    Borja Oubiña
    Rafael Schmitz
    Olivier Kapo
    Daniël de Ridder
    Richard Kingson
    Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
    Kemy Agustien
    Carlos Costly
    Grégory Vignal
    Míchel
    Giovanny Espinoza
    Christian Benítez
    Nikola Zigic
    Martin Jiranek
    Jean Beausejour
    Matt Derbyshire
    Obafemi Martins
    Aleksandr Hleb

Oh I'm sorry, I should have said quality oversea players.

You did list Matt Derbyshire tho

He did come from an overseas club! :)

And some of those players you listed like Kapo and Palacios were Steve Bruce signings (and promptly left under McLeish)

Yeah, I did go back too far on those ones.

Hogwash and piffle.

• Mauro Zárate
    Wilson Palacios
    Borja Oubiña
    Rafael Schmitz
    Olivier Kapo
    Daniël de Ridder
    Richard Kingson
    Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
    Kemy Agustien
    Carlos CostlyGrégory Vignal
    Míchel
    Giovanny Espinoza
    Christian Benítez
    Nikola Zigic
    Martin Jiranek
    Jean Beausejour
    Matt Derbyshire
    Obafemi Martins
    Aleksandr Hleb

Is that the shortlist for the "worlds funniest names competition" :crylaugh:

Nt, Did Bruce not sign Palacios and Kapo? And Zarate come to think of it?

Hogwash and piffle.

• Mauro Zárate
    Wilson Palacios
    Borja Oubiña
    Rafael Schmitz
    Olivier Kapo
    Daniël de Ridder
    Richard Kingson
    Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
    Kemy Agustien
    Carlos Costly
    Grégory Vignal
    Míchel
    Giovanny Espinoza
    Christian Benítez
    Nikola Zigic
    Martin Jiranek
    Jean Beausejour
    Matt Derbyshire
    Obafemi Martins
    Aleksandr Hleb

What kind of quality would go to Birmingham City?

When did he phone you?

I think he would prefer to go elsewhere. Thats my opinion

He is not the 1 replacement, there are plenty of other options as listed above. I have seen him play numerous times I think he is average

Ok your one of "those" villa fans.

You never watched a game in your life mate if you think he's average.

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has warned Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish against playing a waiting game for Charles N’Zogbia, and admitted he can’t understand why its Premier League rivals are refusing to match his £10 million asking price.

In an exclusive interview with Goal.com, sports retail tycoon Whelan has told McLeish to forget about signing N’Zogbia for anything less than £10m this summer, even though he accepted a £9m bid from Birmingham for the player when the Scot was in charge at St Andrews last year.

A defiant Whelan is refusing to budge over prized asset N’Zogbia amid reports that the former Newcastle player will go on strike and refuse to train in an effort to force through a move away from the DW Stadium as the transfer saga took another twist.

McLeish has earmarked N’Zogbia as the replacement for Stewart Downing following his £20m move to Liverpool but in the light of that business Whelan insisted that buying his player for half that price would amount to “stealing”.

Whelan told Goal.com: “Aston Villa are still offering £9m and I want £10m. They offered nine, and I said 'no thanks, you will have to make it 10 and then you can talk to him'. Other clubs are interested so there is no way I will be going down to nine million.

“We said £10m and I am not going to let him go for a penny less. They have got £20m for Downing and they would be stealing N’Zogbia for 10 million. Stealing him. He is the best wide player in the Premier League without question so I can’t understand what they are doing.

“Last year we accepted £9m from Birmingham when Alex McLeish was their manager very late on in the summer transfer window and he thinks he is going to do the same again this time around, but he isn’t.”

North-east rivals Sunderland and Newcastle, as well as Everton, have been linked with the former Le Havre player who is out of contract at the end of next season, but Whelan revealed that neither have tabled bids for the 25-year-old.

Whelan continued: “Lots of clubs will be interested but all I look at is who is offering money and who has put a bid in. Sunderland as yet have not put a bid in. I do not know whether Newcastle are interested or not because they have not put an offer in.

“I would like to extend his contract so he would stay at Wigan because I rate him so highly but I don’t think he will stay. However, we will have to wait and see.”

Yahoo via Goal.com

And again; Mauro Zárate. Considering the club, I'd say he attracted just about as good as he could get.